“Fantastic hotel cannot rate it higher”

Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Peel Park hotel for a total of 7 weeks as my house was flooded and my insurance company paid for us to stay.

Obviously we weren't paying so I cant comment on value for money but at this devastating time when everything we owned was lost the staff at this fantastic hotel made this time so much easier for us.

My then 2 year old son was excited about this little adventure and the reception staff were simply fantastic... every morning they would open the door to let my son return the room key (he loved it!) and every time we returned to the hotel we received such a warm welcome.

I was actually quite sad to leave as we build friendships with the receptionists and the breakfast staff who all knew us by name by the time we left.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, great location and absolutely delightful customer service.

Thank you to all the staff who made our horrible circumstances so bearable!

Siobhan, Ewen and "Wee Dylan"

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Mandy F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review about our hotel. We are so happy that you are all sorted now, as we know what a hard time it was for you while your house was flooded.
The team would like you to know that they are missing all of you too, especially wee Dylan.
Hopefully the next time we see you all, it will be under better circumstances.

Mandy and the team

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Overall my stay was great. The rooms are clean, of a good size and they have a big desk which is great for working on. The staff are pleasant and friendly and the adjoining restaurant was fantastic. Proper cooked food and great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Mandy F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel. We are really pleased that our facilities met your needs so well. I will ensure that I pass your comments on to both the hotel and the restaurant team.
Hopefully we will see you again soon,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am writing this review as I have spent the most relaxing 3 months staying at the Peel Park. Not only are the rooms immaculate and so comfortable but the staff are some of the most cheerfull friendly people I have ever met! Karen, Cathy and Carol on reception (who all always have a cheery smile, hello or just a good old chat no matter what time of the day or night) are to name but a few, housekeeping could not be faulted with my crisp white sheets, towels and constant "topping up" of my tea and coffees! The Restaurant staff are also so cheerfull and friendly serving delicious hot food and always a friendly smile and hello!! Thank you all, I will miss everyone! Im already making plans to go back in the summer! It was fab!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mandy F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. It has been our pleasure to look after you for the last few months while you were away from home. I can assure you that the team will miss you and your lovely smiles very much, and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.
I will pass your lovely comments on to the housekeeping, reception and restaurant teams teams.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed Friday to Monday and found staff, room quality, parking, breakfast to be excellent. My little boy was sick in the car and it was no trouble to staff to get extra towels and bags. The children slept in for breakfast after a late night at a family birthday and the breakfast staff very kindly packaged some breakfast up for the kids to have later. i will definitely stay again,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dabooInverness
Mandy F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank yo for taking the time to write such a lovely review for our hotel. What a shame your wee boy was sick, but the team are used to helping out with things like this, so it would have been no problem for them. I will also pass on your kind words to the breakfast team in the restaurant.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we are all looking forward to meeting you again when your return.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Hotel is just what you expect from Premier. Easy parking, clean room and welcoming staff. The stay however was spoiled by the restaurant. Earlier in the day we deliberately went into the restaurant to ask them if we needed too book dinner for a 20:00 sitting. We were told this would not be necessary. We duly entered at 20:00 to find the restaurant closed for cleaning! Of we asked why we were not told this earlier, this was met with a shrug of the shoulders. Anyway after much to and froing they said they would cook us something. When we tried to order wine it took us 3 goes before they could give us our choice. To their credit they charged us the house wine price for a more expensive wine. In all the time we were there no manager came over to apologise which was disappointing. We mentioned our experience to the hotel reception and they were shocked and promised to take it up with them. But as the hotel and restaurant are under different ownership it may not have much impact. We do visit EK frequently and would be very happy to book this hotel but will have to consider another property with a Whitbread restaurant in order to get a better all round experience. Our ratings refer to the hotel only.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewandMary_15
Mandy F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel, and for your kind comments about our team and our facillities.
I was disappointed to hear that you did not have the same experience in the restaurant next to us. I have spoken to the manager of the restaurant regarding this incident, and he has assured me that he will look into this event as a matter of urgency.

Hopefully we will see you again soon,
Kindest regards

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed at this Premier Inn as a party of four while visiting a family member at Christmas. Excellent accommodation for this purpose and receptionist Cathy made us all very welcome. Great room size and very comfortable. I can't comment on the restaurant as we did not eat there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Cathy will be delighted that she made you feel welcome, and I will be sure to pass your comments on to her.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Had an overnight stay here. Staff are very friendly. Good car parking and restaurant is extremely handy. Hotel itself is one of the older Premier Inns and could do with a facelift. Rooms look tired however they are extremely clean and comfortable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan B
Mandy F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We do indeed have one of the older properties, but we work very hard to keep it modern up to date and spotlessly clean and comfortable for all of our guests.
We are also lucky to have lots of free parking here too.
I will ensure that the team know that you found them to be friendly too.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
Busby Hotel
Busby Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clarkston
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel? Share your experiences!