Torrance Hotel
US$181
Redhurst Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$141
Orbitz.com
All reviewshoneymoon suitecocktail masterclassjacuzzi bathgreat nightfood was lovelytwo coursesbirthday partylovely hotelwedding receptionfrom start to finishwaiting stafffunction roomwedding venuesouptribute nightcooked breakfastconservatory
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Have eaten here before & delighted to say, the Torrance Hotel never disappoints. The food is excellent & the staff are friendly & efficient. Menus are varied & offer wonderful choices. Will certainly return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Fawn F, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are constantly making changes to the Hotel to ensure that we offer the very best in guest services.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back at the Torrance hotel in the near Future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding at the torrance on 23 of nov from the min we arrived on the Friday the staff could not do more for us all the rooms for the wedding party we're stunning and very comfortable we had dinner on the Friday night which was great. On the wedding day louize and sean who was running the day could not do more for us our meal was perfect the ceremony room was so beautiful every were you looked there was a christmas tree our party at night was fab with a great dj and great buffet our honeymoon spa was amazing I cant recommend the torrance enough from start to finish it felt like a fairytale thanks to all the staff from mr and mrs dixon and family x

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Louize H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to be part of your special day and look forward to welcoming you back to the Torrance hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I reviewed this restaurant when it first opened up after the refurbishment and it was poor. Been back a couple of times for a meal and it has been ok to good.

Went for a meal on 16 November (as zucca was booked until 9.15) and it was poor. The service was slow but when asking for something the waiter/waitress was already walking away before sentence finished.

Food terrible for price. Lasagne poor (just tasted strongly of tomato purée )with small portion of frozen chips. Offered Parmesan but then not given it. When I asked the waitress a small bowl of cheese was brought over, appeared to be cheddar and not Parmesan. Arrabiata also poor. Ordered dessert, didn't arrive. Asked for bill after half hour wait for dessert and dessert had been included on bill. Asked for it to be taken off which it was.

Will not fine here again. The Torrance need a new chef, the restaurant looks good but food not up to scratch. The waiters/waitresses need to be trained better too, disorganised and chaotic. It wasn't even busy!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank lyndseyEK
Louize H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very surprised by your comments as we had a large number of covers on Saturday night with no issues in terms of service nor any complaints regarding food. We would like to discuss this further if you would like to contact the hotel on: 01355 225241.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at the Torrance Hotel last weekend for three nights as my brother was having his wedding reception there. A rather large party of us descended from NI to East Kilbride with the majority staying at this hotel. I do think the place was over booked as there was an issue when one of the last groups to check in arrived on the Friday. There was a wedding reception there on the Friday, my brothers was on Saturday and there was another one again on the Sunday!

We ate in the bar on Friday as it was very informal and as I say we were all arriving at different times. I ordered the Boston Burger - beef burger in a bap with all sorts of lovely dressings, chips and a wee pot of pepper sauce on the side. This was AMAZING. So much so that I ordered it again on the Sunday. Bambino must have been sick of eating lentil soup I have to admit. That was the soup of the day in the bar on Friday which she devoured. She got that for her starter (yeah starters for the babies!) at the wedding reception although we couldn't give her much as it was so thin and watered down. On Sunday the soup of the day was still lentil but was much thicker again and she ate her fill of that.

All three evenings we spent there the restaurant was hiving. So many people in for dinner! Which now looking back I recall in my previous two trips to Hamilton we were unable to get a table at the Torrance for dinner with a last minute reservation. I understand now!

Breakfast on Saturday was fantastic for me because I was first arrived for a table with my hungry baby. I was directed the to the continental buffet which comprised of cereals, hams, cheese, croissants and other smaller pastries (all delicious!) yoghurts, all types of fruit in a fruit basket along with a bowl of fresh strawberries. I stocked up for the baby first of all; she had a Weetabix, a kiwi, and a few strawberries. I helped myself to the pastries while I waited on my pot of very strong lovely coffee. My order was taken swiftly from the hot menu - I was so excited to see pancakes, bacon and maple syrup on the menu. There was quite a good range on that menu also. My other half went for smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on the Monday morning. Both Saturday and Sunday mornings I requested to take a plate of pancakes and bacon to the room for him which staff obliged without query.

Breakfast on Sunday and Monday morning was slightly later and so there wasn't quite the selection as on Saturday. No strawberries either day and no croissants on Monday but I didn't starve as you can imagine.

The wedding reception itself went very well in my opinion. When we arrived back from the church it wasn't completely obvious where we were supposed to go for the drinks reception which annoyed me as it was raining and I had the 10 month old in my arms. The drinks reception room was quite small which became more apparent after dinner when we were returned to this room for the evening entertainment to set up. The actual dinner room was very cozy. There were about 120 guests at our party and I don't think it would be easy to fit anymore guests in to be honest. Service was fantastic. As soon as the speeches were over the starters were out and after that the subsequent courses arrived perfectly timed.

Hands up to the house keeping staff. On the Saturday morning they were doing the rounds and I told them not to bother with our room as we were happy enough and my other half didn't look in any way wanting to get out of bed for them. By the third morning they were still so friendly with us asking all about our stay. They were really friendly!

As has been mentioned in the previous reviews, the rooms were just fantastic. We were in room 5 on the ground floor and was perfect size for the three of us. They supplied a travel cot for the baby which took a bit of more organisation than I appreciated on Friday evening; so much so that we suspected that the one we got was just bought brand new! There wasn't a mark on it.
I found every excuse possible to use the shower. I loved it. All the fixtures and fittings in the entire room were to a very high standard.
The only grief I have with the room which a few of us girls agreed on was that although there were plenty of mirrors, none of them were very good for doing ones make-up in terms of effective lighting.

Mini-bar in the cupboard was unexpected but great because we could keep a pack of petit filous yoghurts fresh for the baby.

The girl Fawn who was the manager of the weddings there was lovely. When I walked into the wedding suite on Saturday to find the bride as the guests were arriving at the drinks reception the staff were finishing setting up the room. The bride was Fawn this and Fawn that, and Catherine anything you need for you or the baby just ask Fawn; you would have thought they'd known each other for years when in fact this was not the case. Then on Sunday afternoon I was sitting in reception reading a paper Fawn was waiting on the arrival of that day's bride and she was all chat again to me about our day and asking about where we were from. Honestly, I'm getting married in a few months time and can only hope that our wedding co-ordinator is half as good to work with.

To sum up, I would definitely return to the Torrance Hotel with my family when we go to visit my brother and his wife again in Hamilton. I couldn't justify staying anywhere else especially for the price. I appreciate we had a discount rate as we were part of the wedding party, but even then we got the discount rate for all three nights!!

Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Our room (5) had a step up on it for some design reason. A few people tripped over it when they came in despite it being lit up! Also there was no bath in our room; just the amazing shower.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cate_connolly26
Fawn F, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel, food and staff alike. I am pleased to say that
we often hear the same sentiments from customers who are revisiting us since the refurbishment.
We aim to provide a quality product with similar service ,but at the same time provide a relaxing atmosphere for our customers. I am pleased to see that we seemed to have achieved that by your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to sample some more of our warm hospitality.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception in the hotel on 27 October. We had a perfect day from start to finish and enjoyed a 2 night stay in the honeymoon suite. The entire venue was absolutely spotless and the staff were all extremely helpful. Fawn deserves a mention as she was an absolute star and an asset to the hotel. She was friendly, calm and reassuring to a ( slightly) nervous bride! She went above and beyond the call of duty at all times - even helping with things like getting our babies pram out of the car so that none of our guests had to and she ensured that the decorations I had made were laid out exactly as I wanted them. The honeymoon suite is the nicest I have ever seen and truly was a pleasure to stay them. My only suggestion would be that there should be an instruction booklet for the many gadgets and features as my husband and I could not figure out how to get any sound on bathroom tv or turn off room spotlights. These were minor details and did not affect our overall experience - a perfect wedding venue

• Stayed: October 2013
Louize H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for review.

We are delighted that you and your guests enjoyed your wedding at the Torrance hotel and we thank you for your comment that we are a perfect Wedding Venue as this is what we strive for at the Torrance hotel.

I have also passed your comments and thanks onto our staff and our Duty Manager Fawn, we were all delighted to share in your Special Day.

With the regards to the Honeymoon Spa controls, this is usually talked through from a Manager when you check in, however as you arrived in the room earlier to get ready, it seems that this was missed however we do thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Once again thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Torrance hotel in the future.

Management