“food and service”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The food and service were top class for a little pub would go back to Dunblane just to eat here the ladies toilets were really clean with hand wash and moisturer. They were so nice they phoned us a taxi as it was raining and it stopped right at the door.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Was asked by someone who shall remain nameless to go in and give it a try as things were slow. As I had not been in since it changed hands I took my mum and dad down for something to eat, upon arriving we were not greeted and had to ask for menus and then had to convey ourselves to a table, at this point the service became a bit better as we we're promptly given drinks.

However upon looking at the menu my mum who is a vegetarian realised that there was only one option available to her which was macaroni and cheese because the other option the vegetable curry was 'aff' now I am not being funny when I say that I can go to any snack van in the central area for a plate of macaroni and cheese, while the waiter was very accommodating and helpful in trying to resolve this the fact that there was a clear lack of provision and menu that can only be described as skant, simply is not good enough given that the village always had a good reputation for its food whoever is running it at the minute has dropped the ball.

Me and my dad both chose to have the chilli con Carne, which in all honesty was average at best. Being lukewarm and not very tasty. A few scattered tortillas and a few spoonfuls of rice just did not cut it for me I'm afraid and after finishing this decided to skip desert and ask for the bill leaving us thoroughly disappointed on all fronts, and don't think I will hurry back.

3  Thank Conor B
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Popped in here on Saturday afternoon as part of group of ten adults and four children. We hadn't booked but they went out of their way to accommodate us and the service couldn't have been friendlier not like the snooty Riverside across the road that took one look at us and said they were full!!! The food was excellent - standard pub fayre - but well presented and of a high quality. It was very family friendly with a range of board games that you can borrow. Very busy with locals which tells you something.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Popped in here on sat afternoon for few hours and really impressed with the staff and range of drinks on offer,food looked really good and if we hadn't already booked for cafe continental would have gladly eaten here,this is how a local pub should be good atmosphere and friendly staff

Reviewed 14 February 2014

nice pub near the station in Dunblane, very friendly service and good selection of wines/beers. It appeared to be used by locals, we always think that is a very positive sign of good quality too!