“Dinner in Dunblane”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was a great place to eat. The food was hearty and good tasting the ales were great with the food and had a nice selection of wine.

1  Thank butman
Gavin P, Owner at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Many thanks for your lovely review, we are all happy to hear you enjoyed your overall dining experience with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The title says it all really. The pub has cask ails and I enjoyed the pint I had. I had the gammon steak which was reformed and just OK. My wife had the chicken which she said was excellent and thoroughly enjoyed. The waitress was pleasant and the service reasonably quick.
We would probably return if in Dunblane again.

1  Thank ExRNSTS

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we take all comments on board and are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and will return again in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My son and I were visiting friends in Dunblane and we went there for a meal at 6.30pm. Our party were 4 adults and three children. The one member of staff was very polite and pleasant. At ordering three of the party wanted steaks only to be told there were none left. I ordered the cheeseburger which was clearly not freshly homemade. Two ordered steak pie with roast potatoes and then one portion of new potatoes, then informed no roast potatoes or new potatoes so would she like mash!! She opted for chips. Puff pastry toppings on pies were pale rather than golden. The icing on the cake was when we discovered vinegar had dead flies floating in it (same on other tables). The one member of staff was clearly apologetic and eventually removed vinegar from tables. I received a 10% discount from my meal because of the burger and those who had used vinegar were not charged for their meals. We could hear the chef roaring 'service!' from where we were sitting and the other sole staff member was clearly under enormous pressure. Don't know if this experience was a one off but won't be taking the chance again!!!

2  Thank Pip A
Gavin P, Owner at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We are so sorry you did not have a great dining experience with us on this occasion! It is quite difficult at this time of year to correctly estimate the amount of meals we will do in a day so , as it has been pretty quiet , we did only have one of the waiting team on and are pleased to hear they were doing a good job under the circumstances! Also on the day of your visit we had an unexpected large party in for lunch so can only appologise again for not having your first choices. In regards to the vinegar, we do check all of the vinegars, condiments etc every day so was just bad luck and am glad to hear you have been given a discount to compensate for this. I can assure you this was a one off and will do everything possible to prevent it happening again and hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

me and my wife stopped in for some lunch food was lovely and pub was nice and clean. staff very pleasant

Many thanks for yor kind review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your food, surroundings and had good service. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Having travelled from glasgow back up north on the same day{ thanks to passport office} we decided to stop for lunch at this lovely little pub as the one on the bridge said nothing after 2pm.

Upon entering the door we had a very warm welcome and everything explained to us menu warts an all. the staff were very nice [not overly] and helpful. What also helped was they served real ale!
As I was not driving I got to sample a couple before deciding, nice touch. However the food was really good and very fresh. I had their version of a club s/wich and it did not disappoint. Not on the ususal slices of toast but in a fresh baked ciabbata roll straight out of the oven , lovely and crisp and the filling did not disappoint. Im glad to have found this little gem as i will certainly be back. Sorry cafe on the bridge