Stayed with my wife at the beginning of September when leaving our daughter at university. It was my third stay and will probably be the last. Room was at the back of the hotel on the ground floor and adjacent to the car park. We are not light sleepers and don't mind a bit of noise but if you want a reasonable nights sleep avoid these rooms as they are very noisy. The rooms are adequate, not four star by any means. The hotel was very busy with a wedding and I reckon most rooms were booked. Due to what seemed an inadequate level of staffing, room service trays and dirty laundry were left in corridors all day. I thought this was perhaps a one off, but it happened both days we were there and my mother and father who stayed later in the month said they experienced the same thing. Not at all what you would expect of this class of hotel.
The location is lovely and the breakfast was great. Staff were very friendly, something which seems to come as second nature to the Scots!
We had a pleasant enough stay but for the cost it's not value for money. I stayed in the management centre at Stirling university a couple of months later and would go back there instead of the Hilton Dunblane next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Stirling