“First class hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunblane
Muirkirk
“First class hotel”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We all had a great weekend break. Food was excellent,rooms were very comfortable,very clean and was very well equiped. Staff were all very pleasant and made our stay memorable We will all be booking another weekend break

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you again very soon on your next visit.
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Dunblane Hydro was very busy all weekend when I visited with my wife in February 2014. A lovely place to stay in a very central location. We did have to "Q" for a little while at breakfast but everybody in the hotel wanted fed at the same time. The hotel staff were ever smiling and managed everybody through in good time. The staff are very professional and make the difference. There were some parking issues because the hotel was so full.

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the tripadvisor survey. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and do hope to see you visiting us sometime soon.
Aberdeen
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had booked this about the months ago, DBB for 2 x nights, for myself and my bestie for her 40th birthday present, having heard great reviews from the one and only Steve Bragg (my work colleague), I thought I must give it a try.
Check in I would agree is a little late at 4 p/.m., however on waiting to check-in one of the hotel staff gave us a glass of fresh orange, and at check-in a fresh cookie (lovely touch)
We were on the 4th floor, and thought the lift would be constantly busy but it wasn't. The room was on the small size but the bathroom massive and probably bigger than the room. But this was not a problem. Now I could really get down to the nitty gritty but in all hotels we can find faults and blemishes that need to be touched up but this hotel, is an old building and very rustic in it's appearance. In the room, the mini bar is dated and old and in need of an overall but just take your own drink and you will not be charged ridiculous prices! (the same as any other hotel). The whole ambience of the hotel is fantastic, from the staff to the atmosphere. There was a conference on and it did not detract from the attention we received from all staff. To summarise the food in the restraurant on both nights 10/10, the spa 10/10, breakfast selection and organisation 10/10, we had a treatment too 10/10... The only downside of the whole weekend was the weather as we would have liked to have a nice walk around the massive grounds. But the hotel are not responsible for the weather.
My advise - go to this beautiful hotel and enjoy.

Room Tip: Take your own drink for the room and your own water.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and will use your comments as part of our on-going commitment to improve.
Jersey, Channel Islands
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Hilton and Doubletree have done a great job with this hotel. Doubletree is normally associated I would suggest with Cities rather than lovely country locations.

There is an outstanding view from the front of the hotel over the city of Dunblane.

The restaurant was very busy, which has to be a good sign as I think many were locals who like the simplicity and yet Michelin star qualities of the lead chef Nick Nairn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and do hope to see you again sometime soon.
Lanarkshire
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our daughters gave us DBB & afternoon tea voucher as Christmas present so we decided to use on our anniversary in February. On booking we upgraded to a deluxe room with little extras including chocolates for an extra £30. We arrived at 3.20pm & were told our room wasn't ready which wasn't a problem however the receptionist then lifted up her hands & shrugged her shoulders & said she didn't know when the room would be ready! So we waited in the bar until we noticed quite a large queue forming at reception which we decided to join. Surely not ALL THE BEDROOMS had just finished being cleaned at this time! Our room was quite large but with a small double bed in the middle of it. There was pieces of paper under the bed & a thick layer of dust on the bottom or the mirror, there were also a few stray hairs in the bathroom. Dinner was excellent as was the service in the restaurant & bar. Breakfast was ok however my tea was cold. We had booked afternoon tea on our departure day however when we were checking out I noticed out invoice stated that the upgrade was £40 & when I said this to the receptionist I was asked who told me that as they take the rate from the internet! I said I had called to book the stay & was told it would be £30 & would included chocolates in my room on arrival which I did not get. The receptionist then said well seeing as you didn't get the chocolates we will just charge you £30! I had booked Afternoon Tea for that day however after the poor service at reception I decided to cancel it & asked the reception to cancel for me, his reply was the restaurants down at the bottom of the corridor you need to cancel it yourself. I did email the hotel 10 days ago asking why this happened but I'm still waiting on the reply. When I take a short break I usually choose to stay at Hilton because of the excellent customer service that I have received in the past, however this is one Hilton that I shall not be returning to & certainly would not recommend it.

Dear Guest,
We appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to complete the tripadvisor survey and to give us feedback on your recent stay in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your visit. We will take the time to review your comments with the hotel team and will use your feedback as part of our on-going commitment to improve training and communication. I will personally investigate why your communication did not come back to me in due course.
Best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Dunblane hotels

Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

What should be an excellent hotel was let down on this occasion by the behaviour of Aubrey, the Restaurant Manager. We had stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago and been very impressed, so had chosen it as the venue for a celebration of my husband's special birthday. We booked for 3 nights dinner, bed & breakfast and everything was wonderful up until the actual birthday dinner in the restaurant, which should have been the highlight of our stay. I had spoken to a lovely girl (Karyn) in the restaurant the previous day, who had entered instructions on the computer for my husband's dessert to be served with a piped message as a surprise - Karyn was wonderful at breakfast on the birthday morning too, saving us a good table even though she didn't know what time we would be coming, wishing a Happy Birthday and serving our smoked salmon with a smile. Unfortunately her boss Aubrey was on duty at dinner. I can only describe his manner as brusque, as he showed us to a table we weren't really happy with. When I asked for a different one, explaining that it was a special occasion, and the birthday was the whole reason for our stay, so we didn't want to be seated too close to other diners - he first argued with me over whether any of the others were better, then when I pointed to those by the window, said "they get snapped up early". (This, when we had the table booked for a specific time). He refused to move us as he said he didn't have any other tables. Luckily the wine waiter saw we were not happy and agreed to move us to another table, which was not a great table but at least was not overlooked by another couple. The meal was lovely, Aubrey passed by as we were eating our steaks and we assured him that the meal was very nice. However when our desserts arrived the promised birthday surprise was noticeably absent! I spoke to 2 of the waitresses who were working nearby and they were very nice, asking if we would like liqueurs on the house. They also arranged for the Assistant Restaurant Manager to come and talk to us - she was extremely apologetic and acknowledged that something had gone wrong (in my view, Aubrey had not paid any attention to the instructions on the computer). She arranged for our wine bill for the evening to be on the house, which was a nice gesture, but couldn't compensate for the fact that our enjoyment of the evening was spoiled. We couldn't think about anything other than the way Aubrey had treated us - I could have made the birthday dinner more special at home! We had apologies from everyone except Aubrey himself - I suspect that would be beneath him! None of this would have mattered on a normal evening , but you only get one stab at a special birthday, and our memory of the event is now tarnished. We handed in feedback forms at reception on checkout complaining about Aubrey, which were to be handed direct to the General Manager, however a week later we have heard nothing further. We will think very seriously before staying at this hotel again, in spite of the fact that all the other staff exceeded expectations.

2 Thank Janet G
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments over you recent stay at the Double Tree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro. As I have recently joined the hotel team, customer service feedbacks are important to us. I will review personally your comments in order to address the issue. I thank you for sharing them with us and we hope to see you visiting us again very soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Lovely friendly staff- was made to feel most welcome- everything perfect. Living Well Leisure pool and facilities next to the Hotel, which we could access being a Hotel Guest were OK- bit noisy and crowded on the Sunday. Highly recommend a stay at this Hotel- the dinner and breakfast was delicious!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Double Tree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro. I will share your feedback with the team and we hope to see you visiting us again very soon.
Best regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunblane
Cromlix
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan
Airth Castle & Hotel

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro? Share your experiences!