“Personal experience at Double tree Hilton Hotel in Dunblane, Scotland”

Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunblane
“Personal experience at Double tree Hilton Hotel in Dunblane, Scotland”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We went as a group of 32 people and stayed in this hotel for two nights. Most rooms were comfortable but there were many small pokey rooms where you could hardly move. Toiletries were not replaced. Worst was the food they provided. We had a buffet type dinner as part of our package. First the food was not enough for 32 people. Secondly the vegetarian food provided was pasta on both days which was half cooked and dry with very little sauce, and not to mention very cold. On the first day there were some vegetables provided but on the second day we were given boiled cauliflower and virtually uncooked broccoli. The non vegetarians were provided with reasonable food. I asked to talk to the duty manager and asked her to taste the food. She replied staff are not allowed to taste the food. Then we asked whether this was the standard of food provided to other clients or was just prepared for us. she said that same food was provided in all the dining areas and they always have two or three vegetarian choices. we looked at the menu and found that there was about six or seven choices of starter (and we were given only two options) and there was no vegetarian option in the main meals but seven or eight non veg option (we were given two same options on both the days). I am Hilton honours member and stayed at many Hilton hotels. Never have I come across this type of food. A lot of us vegetarians remained hungry and had to do with bread. I will not recommend this hotel to any vegetarians.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jyotsna S
Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane.

I am disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I have passed on your comments regarding your stay to our senior management team, in particular our Executive chef. Please accept our apologies and our assurance that we will use your review to focus attention in these areas and use this as part of our on-going commitment to improve.

Thank you again for the time and trouble you have taken to give us this feedback.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (840)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Myself and my partner were looking for something to do on sunday night, decided at the last minute to look for a reasonable and near to home overnight stay given it was a bank holiday weekend. We went to the Dunblane Hydro and we got a fantastic deal at the hydro. Top class meal in nick nairns restaurant, lovely breakfast and an over night stay all for £99 for two people. We also took a walk into Dunblane village. What a lovely village and the people were so friendly too. Service in the hotel was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the staff on reception, in the bar and in the restaurant. We had a lovely day and night and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for recently completing the online survey.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable Bank Holiday weekend stay with us recently. It is especially great to read that our team delivered excellent service throughout your stay.

Your comments are appreciated and will be fed back to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

my stay was very comfortable what left me very disappointed was that I left my phone charger plugged in my the room 218 which I had stayed in I tries to phone the hotel and was given the very bad phone experience and eventually I was cut of the line I then tried to email but never even received an acknowledgement

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your questionnaire.

Firstly may I apologise for the difficulty you had in contacting the Hotel.

Our housekeeping staff regularly discover forgotten/lost articles in bedrooms which are immediately noted in our lost property and promptly returned by post to the guest. Had they found your charged in the guest room this would have been posted to you.

I do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again sometime in the future.

Erskine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Outstanding value for money and first class attention to small detail with delightful restaurant food standards. Highly recommended to all age groups. Easy access to train station opens up exploring avenues near and far with comfort & effortless.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We are pleased to note that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope to see you again sometime soon.

penicuik midlothian
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have just returned from a special Sunday night rate including dinner it was excellent value. We requested rooms together on a high floor in main hotel building all our requests where met. I found the food in the restaurant to be excellent along with the staff the service was excellent breakfast also was very good. No problems checking in overall I would say the staff are a credit to the hotel very polite but not stuffy and very attentive excellent stay would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to complete the online survey.

Thank you for your excellent feedback after your recent stay with us. I shall share your comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane in the very near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The staff were really helpful and found pretty much anything we asked for. The food was fantastic and they even had a seperate vegetarian menu in the restaurant which I really appreciated since most places just offer one vegetarian option on the normal menu. We had trouble with the shower not heating up but there was plenty of hot water for a bath. There was even a pianist in the lounge who did requests in the evening and the bar staff were happy to make us cocktails on request. Also used the spa facilities - great massage and nice to use the sauna and steam room. A very nice stay and great value for the dinner, bed and breakfat (only £90 each when the food alone should cost £40!). I will be very happy to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Donna C
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing the online questionnaire.

We really appreciate you selecting DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro for your recent break and are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It’s especially great to read that our team delivered excellent service throughout your stay and that you had an enjoyable meal in the Kailyard Restaurant.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I turned up at the Dunblane Hydro, having booked my room in May 13 for a stay in Apr 14 (for my best friends wedding). The hotel manager informed me they couldn't find my booking and I didn't exist on their system, I thought this was ironic as I had my confirmation email, as well as an email from the previous week asking if I want any room service on arrival. (I also got an email to review my recent stay hence I am doing this). The hotel was fully booked that night, so couldn't get a room in the hotel, on my room home that night the taxi driver informed me the hotel do this a lot with their bookings. I can only assume they bumped me out as I paid a cheap rate by booking 11 months in advance. I still haven't received a refund 1 week after I was meant to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank James P
Dear Guest

I appreciate you completing the online questionnaire.

It was very disappointing to read of the issues that you encountered. This is certainly not the level of service we wish to provide to any of our guests and offer our sincere apologies.

Your feedback has been shared with our management team to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Dunblane hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunblane
Cromlix
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan
Stirling Court Hotel
Stirling Court Hotel
#7 of 20 in Stirling

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro? Share your experiences!