“Stunning building”

Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunblane
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed overnight with my husband as he was on business there, Beautiful building, Room was nice, staff friendly, Husbands conference went well and we ate lunch there which was very nice, would recommend The Hilton

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SmileyTwizz
Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments after your recent visit whilst your husband was attending a conference.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane and I hope it is not too long until we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights last week. Our stay didn’t get off to the best of starts. The first room we were allocated had a disabled bathroom and although I have no issues / problems with this there was no bath and the wash hand basin was very low. I phoned reception and asked if we could be moved, there was no problem with this and I was told that new keys would be brought up to us. I said that we would come down for these but was told to stay where we were. After 15 mins we were phoned and an apology was offered for the delay and we were told someone would be up in two minutes. A further 20 minutes passed and my partner returned to reception where the new keys were lying, forgotten about.
We moved to our second room and I went to plug the kettle in, only to find on the floor behind the unit an empty polythene bag, lid for a carry out coffee, an empty shampoo bottle, receipt, piece of orange peel and some other rubbish.
I returned to reception where I was offered a very genuine apology and an upgrade to a junior suite for the problems caused. I was delighted with this and thanked the receptionist. Not long after we had moved into this room the receptionist phoned to make sure the room was to our satisfaction. A short time later there was a knock at the door and we were presented with a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates.
I must say that all members of staff were very helpful and apologetic. Our final room was very good with an exceptionally comfortable bed and pillows.
Although we did not eat in the restaurant either night, breakfast was excellent.

1  Thank gtdm

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback after your recent visit.

We are pleased you had an enjoyable couple of nights stay. I am glad to hear that having informed us of the issues during your stay, they were positively addressed.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

A comfortable relaxing hotel good views staff were friendly and help full we had booked through Hilton honers a very good room for a total of £32. We didn't bother about dinner had drinks and sandwiches in the lounge bar which was comfortable. The bar staff very friendly and good to talk to. My only grip would be when booking Hilton honers deal it never said exclusive of vat. also expected a deluxe room but for £32 plus 12000 Hilton points I'm not to bothered. We didn't book breakfast as we left early and new we would be better on the road to Aberdeen. a very bgood comfortable nights stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stewartdick

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by the team, in particular the bar staff. I will ensure that all your feedback is passed on to the appropriate manager.

We hope to welcome you back some time soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The grounds of the hotel looked great, but the check in staff was rude and if it was not for a long overnight flight, I would have left and not checked in at all. I think her name was Lisa but I can't be sure. We arrived at 2pm for check in, right away she said our room wasn't ready (understandable since check in was at 4). I said we have just flown all night and answered a few questions she reluctantly gave a room. I saw this same person over the next couple of days, never a good morning or good evening like the rest of the staff. I think it would be a good move for your hotel to remove this person from being the first contact a guest has with your hotel.

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing the online survey.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the rudeness of a member of the team. I guarantee this is not a common occurrence and that any ill treatment you received was not deliberate in anyway.

I have addressed your points with the Front of House Manager in order to reinforce training and communication with our team members.

I hope that this experience will not prevent you from visiting Hilton Hotels in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My new hubby and I stayed a few days after our wedding to wind down and relax. Warm welcome by staff with cookies on arrival. I was sold!
Our room was nice and clean. A pretty standard room. Only downside was that the walls were very thin so could literally hear everything going on.
All of our meals were absolutely outstanding. We has dinner and breakfast included. Breakfast was buffet style and the quality of food was great. The evening menus differed on both night but again quality was absolutely brilliant. My husband went for a swim but found there to be swimming lessons on at the time meaning he didn't really get a good swim so a bit disappointing. Overall a great stay, fantastic food and all staff were very nice indeed!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane for your 'mini-moon'.

We are delighted to hear that both you and your new husband had a wonderful stay with us. Please be assured I shall pass your comments back to team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have just returned today from doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, what can I say you didn't feel special at this hotel! At first glance the hotel looks amazing really well kept, that is till we checked in. We paid £150 for B&B and I wasn't worth the money at all!! our room had frosted glass so no view at all! Tiny family room, tiny bathroom and not many special touches at all! I was so so disappointed! There was also no free internet, it was pay as you go, so though I'll use the public areas you can only use 1hour for free then your charged. In this day in age really? Breakfast in the morning was also disappointing utter chaos and staff made you feel like you were invisible! Too rushed to do anything for you. After breakfast took the kids for a swim, half the pool was cut off for swimming lessons and the changing rooms were not big enough to cope with this as there is hotel guests too, felt like a public swimming pool the only difference is my public swimming pool changing rooms are clean these changing rooms are very dirty and run down, quite appalled with it. Then at check- out we got a bill for £95.00 for someone else's dinner! We have just returned from Aviemore Macdonald hotel and let me tell you that hotel would put this one to shame! Don't waste your money! Dunblane has nothing in it either. Mrs L Queen.

Room Tip: We had a family room, it was tiny.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 312Johnstone

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing the online survey. Your valuable feedback on your experience is appreciated.

We are sorry to read you were disappointed with your visit. We always encourage our visitors to voice their opinions during a stay so we have the opportunity to fix it, however, your comments have been shared with the relevant Managers in order for us to make changes and improvements within our hotel.

Thank you again for the time and trouble you have taken to give us this feedback.

Michael P

Please accept our sincere apologies for these shortcomings.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I booked here as a cheap night away, prior to an expensive stay at Gleneagles hotel a little further up.

We got a room only price of around £50 which we were happy enough to pay having stayed here a few years ago and knowing what to expect.

We had emailed to cancel our dinner reservations and received confirmation of this but when we went to check in we were told our dinner was still reserved (even though we were checking in at 7.30pm and dinner had previously been booked for 7pm)

When we arrived we were surprised to not be acknowledged by the two check in staff as there were no other guests in front of us and they appeared to be chatting amongst themselves for a few minutes. A simple - "we'll be with you in a moment" - would have sufficed.

We were on the fourth floor and had one of the attic rooms but to be honest we were pleasantly surprised as I'd read some not so nice reviews but we happy - maybe because of the price we paid? The bathroom was large and the room perfectly adequate. The bed was ridiculous though! it was so uncomfortable and both of us woke up various times throughout the night and had sore backs the next day.

There was a little card and a box of chocolates as when I'd booked I'd mentioned it was my birthday - a lovely touch!

We had some beautiful cocktails in the bar and then retired to the room to relax. Unfortunately when in the room I came across a pair of rolled up socks behind the chair when closing the curtains, which did not belong to us! YUK!

I also found someone else's bill which was dated almost 3 weeks before the date we stayed - including name. address etc in on the desk with the room service menu - not the best advertisement for their housekeeping staff but more worrying that they could leave someone's personal details in the room for anyone to read!

I mentioned these things to the check out agent who was fantastic - the best member of staff we encountered during our stay, although the bar staff were lovely too.

I'm not sure we'd return to Dunblane Hydro after this experience to be honest. The issues with the room worried us and the bed was unforgivable!

1  Thank L_peeps84

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and to give us valuable feedback after your recent stay.

I am sorry we fell short of your expectations on this visit and apologise for the confusion over the cancellation of your dining arrangements.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of basic standards of housekeeping you received. This is a totally unacceptable standard of service, and not one we wish to offer our guests. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper.

We do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Michael P

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunblane
Old Churches House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan
Stirling Court Hotel
Stirling Court Hotel
#7 of 20 in Stirling

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro? Share your experiences!