Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane-Hydro
Old Churches House Hotel(Dunblane)(Great Value!)
US$94
Cromlix(Kinbuck)
US$540
Great 4.5/5
Stirling Court Hotel(Stirling)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$153
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Hotel(Bridge of Allan)
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
4,283 results
All reviewskailyard restaurantnick nairncookiescocktail barseparate buildingmain buildingfront facingleisure facilitiesjunior suitelovely hotelsteam roomdinner bed and breakfastboth nightsdoubletree by hiltonrelaxing breakself servicebeautiful building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had lovely meal, with the nick nairn dishes being excellant, e.g. triffle. Staff at the reception desk and in the restaurant were really friendly and helpful. Lovely large hotel. The only thing that was disappointing was the wifi charges. The hotel rooms are on the pricey side, and wifi costs a pittance to set up and maintain. Surely this could be included in room price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by the team and in particular by the Restaurant and Front Office team. I will ensure that all your feedback is passed on to the appropriate managers.

I also note you enjoyed your meal in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn Restaurant. Again, I will ensure your feedback is shared with the Executive Chef and his team.

At Hilton Dunblane our public areas of our bar and restaurant are all free of charge for Wifi. This is limited to one hour per day and can be used on multiple devices.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope we will be welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Airconditioning and working wifi are things that you take foregranted when travelling on business nowadays and unfortunately this hotel had neither.

This, combined with the fact that I gave up on breakfast as the queue to get a table had over 20 people in it, meant I was pretty disappointed as I was very much looking forward to my visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bufgub
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I tried to book a single room but I was informed by the reservations staff that the £118 for my 2 nights stay did not include breakfast. However for a double room at £126 I could have breakfast so this is what I booked. I turned up on the Sunday tea time to book in to find no breakfast for me on Monday or Tuesday and despite my protests no one seemed interested in following up my dilemma, plus Sunday evening was bedlam. An Asian wedding was taking place, 500 plus guests, no problem, but the children seemed to feel free to have the run of the hotel corridors, reception, residence bar etc etc and no member of staff felt the need to challenge them and ask them to stop running around the public areas. Monday night two bus loads of Japanese tourists turned up and were obviously over excited at been in Scotland because they never stopped banging and slamming doors up and down my corridor and shouting and bawling all night, AND I MEAN ALL NIGHT! Poor service & Staff didn't give a damn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Graham S
Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback after your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane.

Firstly, please accept our apologies for the confusion over your reservation which was to include breakfast and for the lack of help from our Front of House Team. Your comments have been shared with the Team and our Front of House Manager.

We are currently in the procress of creating a quieter lounge area for our guests to use when there are large groups/conference and weddings taking place at the Hotel as we appreciate at present this can be difficult to find.

I was sorry to read that you were disturbed by noise from other guests in the hotel during the night and for this we apologise. You will appreciate that in a large, busy hotel we are reliant on all our guests to respect the fact that other guests may be sleeping and I am sorry that this impinged on your enjoyment.

I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is helpful to us as we continuously look to improve our guests experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Food was excellent, suites used for wedding ceremony and reception were excellent. Bar service was very slow possibly due to how busy the hotel was, sometimes only 2 behind bar when people waiting to be served 3 deep at bar, some friends who had booked rooms over a year ago for the wedding, (3 nights)were told on their arrival, their rooms had been cancelled, they had to find accommodation in Stirling, later heard that 12 over bookings had occurred affecting a number of the wedding guests. My room was a double deluxe but looked old and dated with stains on the carpet with toilet squeezed in very small place. For the reputation this hotel has the room provided was very disappointing. I am a member of the Hilton Honors Club and have stayed in a number of the hotels throughout the group but would not stay or recommend this hotel to stay in until the rooms are upgraded. I would add that I have never had to add negative comments about the Hilton Group of companies before and will continue to use them to stay in, just not this one until the rooms get upgraded. Service would have been rated excellent apart from slow bar service at times due to staffing levels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Callum S
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The drive up the sweeping drive is fabulous. Warm welcome, we had a lovely front facing room albeit a touch small, with a very compact shower room. Bed really uncomfortable. Gym and pool very nice, bar areas comfortable but very very busy if a function is on( wedding during our stay which made the bar and lounges almost inaccessible. ) great breakfast, really friendly staff. Would return but check for a better room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank clark_june
Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane.

I was sorry to read of your disappointment with your room on this occasion but will certainly pass on your comments to our Executive Housekeeper to investigate.

Following recent feedback we are currently reviewing our seating areas when there are wedding/functions on at the Hotel as we appreciate this can be frustrating for our guests at present.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.