“Return Visit”

Old Churches House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dunblane
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I originally wrote a highly critical review following my initial visit regarding the room we were given. The hotel contacted me and offered a complimentary visit from I have just returned. Firstly let me say it is hugely refreshing to see a small business taking note and acting to rectify the complaint. My only complaint was that I had been given a room adapted for disabled customers which, for a number of reasons, made it uncomfortable. This time we were allocated room 5 which was comfortable and ideal. As on our last visit the staff were very welcoming and our dinner and breakfast were excellent. At the end of my last review I said I would not be back following this experience I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try and avoid room one
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stewart F

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a 5pm voucher deal which was overnight stay with evening meal and breakfast. The room was warm, clean and very tastefully decorated. The evening meal was excellent both in terms of quality an choice. I would have to add that the breakfast was one of the best I have had. Service was efficient and the staff were friendly and helpful. What more could you ask for other than a great view from the bedroom window, which you had! The Cathedral was right next door!

Room Tip: They all looked out on the Cathedral I think
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a really nice light lunch here a couple of weeks and as we were passing last Sunday thought that we would do the same. However, as it was Sunday only a two or three course Sunday lunch was available. This proved not to be a problem and we had a delicious two course lunch with a glass of wine for £15 a head. Truly exceptional value for the price and to be recommended. I will book ahead the next time we visit to avoid the risk of disappointment.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhantomScot
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just spent the weekend here and it was all first class,we had a daily deal offer for two nights, from the minute we checked in to the minute we left the service was excellent.
Girl on reception was very friendly and helpful, she gave 100% customer service at all times.

Food was lovely and the portion sizes were very generous, staff in restaurant also very friendly and helpful.

Our room was beautifully decorated and the beds were so comfy we all had a great nights sleep.

The only fault with room 11 was the noise from upstairs, not sure if it was staff walking about constantly or just other customers but it was extremely annoying (all you could hear was people walking about in high heels)

We would definitely return back here (just not to room 11) lol

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lync80
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having just returned from afternoon tea here, I have to express my disappointment at the quality of the cakes. The scones tasted shop bought but I was assured they had been baked only yesterday!!! by the lady who did their baking. The meringues might have been ok if they had been filled with cream instead of buttercream ICING. The cup cakes were also nearly inedible due to the amount of icing and soggy sponge.
The coffee was fab as was the Prosecco. Husband enjoyed his tea though it came without milk and munched his way through everything complaining all the time!!
Nice venue but don't have afternoon tea!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a very pleasant one night stay. Arrived late but the night manager was very helpful.
Disabled parking at the rear of the hotel would have been a tight squeeze for two cars and if we had a bigger car but nevertheless very convenient for our room at the same level.
A very clean and comfortable room and the freshly cooked breakfast was excellent.
A special mention for the breakfast waitress who's name I can not remember. She was extremely caring and went out of her way to assist me back to our room with some items I was going to carry. She is the young lady who plays golf at Stirling golf course :)
I will certainly be staying there again when in Dunblane.

Room Tip: We were in a room convenient for the disabled car park. This was on the same level as the dining roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian909
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our party of eight were made very welcome. Beds huge and comfortable, layout of some rooms could have been better but everything we needed was there. Two nights dinner bed and breakfast for £167 per couple - although not a huge menu there is always a specials board so happy to eat in both nights then venture out to the local pub. Lovely location across from the Cathedral and easy access to many golf courses. Staff very friendly and liked "The Craic"

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank fairweatherlady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunblane
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
Stirling Court Hotel
#7 of 20 in Stirling
Knock Castle Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Stirling

Been to Old Churches House Hotel? Share your experiences!