“No complaints!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunblane
Stirling
“No complaints!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A group of us went for dinner on Saturday evening and were immediately welcomed, shown to our seats and offered the menu, followed by our order for drinks being taken. The service was first class and the meal beautifully prepared and served with no delay. I had the perfectly cooked lamb shank and the best carrots I've had for a long time, along with tasty mash and gravy. My companions were equally pleased with their choice of food from the varied menu. Coffee and good tablet finished the meal off nicely. Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bishopton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I originally wrote a highly critical review following my initial visit regarding the room we were given. The hotel contacted me and offered a complimentary visit from I have just returned. Firstly let me say it is hugely refreshing to see a small business taking note and acting to rectify the complaint. My only complaint was that I had been given a room adapted for disabled customers which, for a number of reasons, made it uncomfortable. This time we were allocated room 5 which was comfortable and ideal. As on our last visit the staff were very welcoming and our dinner and breakfast were excellent. At the end of my last review I said I would not be back following this experience I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try and avoid room one
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stewart F
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a 5pm voucher deal which was overnight stay with evening meal and breakfast. The room was warm, clean and very tastefully decorated. The evening meal was excellent both in terms of quality an choice. I would have to add that the breakfast was one of the best I have had. Service was efficient and the staff were friendly and helpful. What more could you ask for other than a great view from the bedroom window, which you had! The Cathedral was right next door!

Room Tip: They all looked out on the Cathedral I think
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We had a really nice light lunch here a couple of weeks and as we were passing last Sunday thought that we would do the same. However, as it was Sunday only a two or three course Sunday lunch was available. This proved not to be a problem and we had a delicious two course lunch with a glass of wine for £15 a head. Truly exceptional value for the price and to be recommended. I will book ahead the next time we visit to avoid the risk of disappointment.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhantomScot
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just spent the weekend here and it was all first class,we had a daily deal offer for two nights, from the minute we checked in to the minute we left the service was excellent.
Girl on reception was very friendly and helpful, she gave 100% customer service at all times.

Food was lovely and the portion sizes were very generous, staff in restaurant also very friendly and helpful.

Our room was beautifully decorated and the beds were so comfy we all had a great nights sleep.

The only fault with room 11 was the noise from upstairs, not sure if it was staff walking about constantly or just other customers but it was extremely annoying (all you could hear was people walking about in high heels)

We would definitely return back here (just not to room 11) lol

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lync80
Alva, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having just returned from afternoon tea here, I have to express my disappointment at the quality of the cakes. The scones tasted shop bought but I was assured they had been baked only yesterday!!! by the lady who did their baking. The meringues might have been ok if they had been filled with cream instead of buttercream ICING. The cup cakes were also nearly inedible due to the amount of icing and soggy sponge.
The coffee was fab as was the Prosecco. Husband enjoyed his tea though it came without milk and munched his way through everything complaining all the time!!
Nice venue but don't have afternoon tea!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jane S
Dingwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a very pleasant one night stay. Arrived late but the night manager was very helpful.
Disabled parking at the rear of the hotel would have been a tight squeeze for two cars and if we had a bigger car but nevertheless very convenient for our room at the same level.
A very clean and comfortable room and the freshly cooked breakfast was excellent.
A special mention for the breakfast waitress who's name I can not remember. She was extremely caring and went out of her way to assist me back to our room with some items I was going to carry. She is the young lady who plays golf at Stirling golf course :)
I will certainly be staying there again when in Dunblane.

Room Tip: We were in a room convenient for the disabled car park. This was on the same level as the dining roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian909
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunblane
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
The Stirling Highland Hotel

Been to Old Churches House Hotel? Share your experiences!