“A Scottish Gem”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dunblane
Reading
“A Scottish Gem”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped on-route North and were so delighted we did. This is a wee gem of a hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. We had a delicious meal at the restaurant, I had the tastiest seafood risotto and the wine selection is spot-on. It was great to see a varied vegetarian selection on the menu and at breakfast too.

Our room was really comfy and I loved the subtle tartan décor. We had a lovely view of Dunblane Cathedral. These people know how to do hotels with Scottish flair!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Louise R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Scotland
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very welcoming and friendly staff offered an extensive menu for lunch. Wine menu was also good and reasonably priced by the glass.
The idea of a paper napkin under the sandwich or burger is not a good idea as there is a danger your might consume it as well.
Service was prompt and the dining room had a pleasant view of the Cathedral. Plenty of parking outside or at the rear of the Cathedral. A gem in the middle of the Town. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank darkieScotland
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed for one night breaking our journey from Leeds to the Cairgorms. The hotel is situated in the quiet and attractive centre of Dunblane with ample and easy parking. Staff were welcoming. Our room had a huge king size bed which filled it, so after dinner we sat in the lounge upstairs. Dinner was good but the Greek Salad starter (feta, cucumber and tomato) with no bread was a bit frugal. The restaurant staff added another table's drinks to our bill which I detected because at check out the bill was much larger than anticipated. The receptionist said that this was a unique occurrence in her experience and sorted it out but it may be worth scrutinising your bill for errors.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed a one night stay at this calm and attractive hotel where I was made to feel very welcome. My room was comfortable and spotlessly clean and dinner was delicious with many choices and really friendly service. I look forward to many more visits.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jane R
Stirling
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A group of us went for dinner on Saturday evening and were immediately welcomed, shown to our seats and offered the menu, followed by our order for drinks being taken. The service was first class and the meal beautifully prepared and served with no delay. I had the perfectly cooked lamb shank and the best carrots I've had for a long time, along with tasty mash and gravy. My companions were equally pleased with their choice of food from the varied menu. Coffee and good tablet finished the meal off nicely. Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bishopton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I originally wrote a highly critical review following my initial visit regarding the room we were given. The hotel contacted me and offered a complimentary visit from I have just returned. Firstly let me say it is hugely refreshing to see a small business taking note and acting to rectify the complaint. My only complaint was that I had been given a room adapted for disabled customers which, for a number of reasons, made it uncomfortable. This time we were allocated room 5 which was comfortable and ideal. As on our last visit the staff were very welcoming and our dinner and breakfast were excellent. At the end of my last review I said I would not be back following this experience I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try and avoid room one
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stewart F
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a 5pm voucher deal which was overnight stay with evening meal and breakfast. The room was warm, clean and very tastefully decorated. The evening meal was excellent both in terms of quality an choice. I would have to add that the breakfast was one of the best I have had. Service was efficient and the staff were friendly and helpful. What more could you ask for other than a great view from the bedroom window, which you had! The Cathedral was right next door!

Room Tip: They all looked out on the Cathedral I think
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunblane
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
Stirling Court Hotel
#7 of 20 in Stirling
The Stirling Highland Hotel
Knock Castle Hotel & Spa

Been to Old Churches House Hotel? Share your experiences!