Hampton by Hilton Corby
US$65
US$68
US$72
PremierInn.com
The Saxon Crown(Corby)(Great Value!)
US$61
PremierInn.com
US$87
US$74
Priceline
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastan industrial estatecar parkhungry horse pubwardrobe doorthe sofa bedthird floorwetherspoons pubironing boardthe hotel is cleanself servicehash brownsvery pleasant stayexcellent valuehot foodrace trackbusiness trip
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is fairly standard and thus not really value for money as its certainly not the cheapest in the area. The welcome was absolutely great in fact the staff were probably the best thing about the place, incredible attentive, friendly and polite.

The wifi wasn't working in the rooms which was frustrating as it meant having to sit in the not so comfortable lounge area to do any work.

The food was from a microwave, although probably to be expected... I didn't venture out as I was travelling with work and alone, so a meal in the hotel is normally the preferred option.

The room was clean, large and the heating very well controlled. The TV was small given the size of the room but it worked so that's ok. The bathroom was huge but didn't have a bath, disappointing and nonw of the rooms do. There appeared to be the remnents of someone throwing up under the plug hole. Disgusting. I was outside of the fitness centre and the sound of the weights being dropped back onnthe ground was a little disconcerting until I'd wored out what it was.

The bed - horribly uncomfortyable, I prefer a firm mattress however this had springs digging in, a general tilt and was just not good! Waking every couple of hours during the night - not my idea of a good night's sleep.

Thank goodness I was only there one night. I won't be returning, however if you get a better bed, you may have a better say!

Room Tip: Maybe ask to check the beds!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear TheRedsSouthWest,

My thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, and certainly the very positive words about the team - this is always great to read.

It is clear from the rest of your review we fell short - I must admit the plug hole cleanliness greatly concerns me and is something I have never come across before. It will certainly be rectified with immediate effect.

Our WIFI has this week been worked on and is greatly improved I am happy to say.

In regards to the bed, we very recently had new mattresses delivered, these are in the rooms and I am sure have the solved this particular problem and any future guest will certainly have a better (and new) bed!

Thanks again for the comments, we look forward to seeing you when your next in the Corby area.

Rgds,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband & I stayed for one night after pre booking online. Sadly I do not have a good review to write as they A/C in the room was not working & made an awful noise. The room temperature was fine when we went to bed & the noise stopped but we both awoke around 3am feeling as though we were in an oven & the noise - a horrible humming with a buzz - was also back.

We tried to get back to sleep as didn't really want to move rooms in the middle of the night but by 6 -7 am we had had enough as you couldnt even open a window to let air in.

My husband tried calling the reception but there was no answer so my husband got dressed & went down. He was told that there was a problem with the A/C & did something that stopped the noise. Sadly though it was still like sleeping in an oven & I think we must have ended up with about 3 hours sleep. I ask my self why when they knew it wasn't working did they put us in there?

Other than this the room clean & the bed comfy.

the break fast was tasteless but thats kind of what you expect for the buffet style breakfasts.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear suebedoo,

Thanks for leaving your comments on tripadvisor, as you know I have already be in contact with you over your recent stay and the actions we have taken in regards to this exact room to ensure the matter does not repeat. As you expressed a willingness to come back to the hotel I am confident we have restored your faith.

I must admit I am surprised to read you had further issues with our breakfast this was not something you mentioned in your email to me? We have launched new items and will continue to do this to keep our breakfast at as good as level as we can to give all our guests a good start to the day.

I look forward to welcoming you back when your next in the area.

Martyn.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Rooms are comfortable and set up well with elbow room. Staff is extremely polite and helpful. Small fitness facility, but decent. Breakfast is not bad. Great local Indian restaurant in town called Royal Tandoori. Overall, Good value for the money!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear photogfan,

Thanks for the kind and concise review, and especially the lovely comments about the team! Glad to see you found us to be good value (this is always great to read.)

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

having stayed at the Hilton in Nottingham wasn't expecting much here but was pleasantly surprised. Staff were pleasant, room was OK there was a party going on that evening and the check in staff did warn us but actually it was OK. Breakfast was nothing special but at this price what do you expect. Great for a 1 night stay as the teenager was competing at Rockingham.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear YellowJellyBean,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, it really is appreciated.

Great to see we compared favourably with our full service cousins at the Hilton Nottingham, the team here will certainly be happy to see that. I am also happy to see that the team advised you there was a party going on and it did not disrupt your stay!

Hopefully the next time you have a family member competing locally we will be able to look after you again!

Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was our second stay at the Corby Hampton, and I would definitely recommend to others. Great staff, nicely furnished rooms and very reasonable price. The breakfast is great, and a good nights sleep was had by all

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear dani151,

My thanks for such kind comments! Glad to see you have come back to us and enjoyed your stay. And it is always great when someone recommends us!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Kind regards,