“Business b& b”

Hampton by Hilton Corby
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am a fan of the hilton brand , a member of there loyalty scheme, and you can usually get a deal, I choose this one as it was the cheapest, the place was new, the rooms nice and very clean, but there was something missing that prevented me really enjoying it.

There was nothing to complain about the staff were attentive if a little distant and I had a good nights sleep, I will go back and maybe it was me having an off night we will see?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Becky D, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Davejstorer,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you found the hotel to be good value and the guestrooms to be maintained to a high standard.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to reaffirm your existing positive thoughts of the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Although, in England, I usually prefer independent hotels or B&Bs, if I'm going to stay in a chain they have to do it right and the Hampton in Corby does just that. From a (free) breakfast better than any I can remember in a chain hotel, to a bathroom that gives the impression of having been designed rather than merely assembled, this hotel has been a great base for my one day stay in Corby. It was also reasonably priced at £69 per night with, as I say, a fine breakfast thrown in.

Very minor gripe: the (unprotected) wireless network didn't work very well in my third-floor room, though it was fine in the lobby area.

The Hampton is a £6 taxi ride from the train station, and there isn't a whole lot to see or do right by the hotel itself. Still, there are small shops - even a laudromat - within a 15 minute walk through the suburbs and, even though I was staying at an American chain, I felt as though I was right in middle England (for better or worse; no thatched cottages or cream teas in post-industrial Corby).

Come to think of it, other than to have a thatched roof and provide cream teas, it's hard to see what the Hampton could have done to make this a better experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear botafogoblogger,

I am delighted to see your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton by Hilton Corby. I am glad you appreciated both the design and functionality of our guestrooms, and enjoyed our breakfast offering. I am sorry to hear you had a problem with the free wifi access in your room, I will ensure that gets looked in to, but am pleased that you were still able to gain access in the public areas.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, feedback such as yours serves as a great source of motivation for our team members.

I do hope you will be visiting us again soon, we love having you here!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel was a good value for money hotel, excellent staff and very clean. BUT the air conditioning has not worked correctly now for two visits over a 12 month period. I visited in June 2013 and 2014 and the air conditioning was very noisy on both occasions. This interrupted our sleep every night. As it was a weekend there was no engineer available to look at it. But they did have a year gap in between visits

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Trevor B,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the Hampton by Hilton Corby, I am thrilled to hear that you found the hotel clean and the staff excellent.

I am sorry that the air conditioning disturbed you during your stay, I hope you will be pleased to know that work has already begun and I am confident that should you be staying with us again next year that will not be a concern.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I do hope we will be welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

i would first of all like to thank everyone at this hotel for making our day perfect from start to finish, special thanks to helen and antonio who really put everything together we could not have wanted it any better it was just perfect the staff were brillant the hotel was lovely. very clean. very friendly.and very helpfull i would give this hotel and its staff a 10/10 loved it mrs neill ( wedding was 31 may 2014 )

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear cath n,

My thanks for your review and lovely comments! I am very happy to see you enjoyed your special day with us and I know Helen, Antonio and the team will be chuffed to see your kind comments! My thanks again, we look forward to seeing you back for your anniversary!

Cheers,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stay at the Hampton Hilton alot!

Average 3-4 nights a week over the last 3mths and continue to do so .....
Great rooms, staff and value !
Gym - disapointing: broken running machine for 3mths, broken handle for the gym machine and limited weights in a very small area (same size as a bedroom)
Food - basic but there is a weatherspoons next door if you can stomach that kind of junk!

Overall i have found it to be the best value and quality for the price.

Room Tip: High floors have less internet signal!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear David W,

Thanks for the kind review! As a regular guest it is good to see you enjoy your stays with us and keep coming back!

Very glad to see you rate us highly on value and I can happily inform you that the treadmills will be repaired this week (finally!)

Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Myself and my two children are here, form the United States, on a 5 day holiday before heading to Paris for the rest of our vacation. The hotel is clean, well cared for, and offers many kind basics. As a HHonors Gold Member, I tend to be on the picky side about my stays. This location does not disappoint. The staff is friendly, they usually are at most Hiltons, but their actions here speak volumes! Everyone is nice and works very hard. The Hotel is spotless, the cleaning gal is a neat freak! Employees go out of their way to assist guests with special requests and information. Our checkin at 3 am was seamless and pleasant. The room (a disability room) is very spacious and well appointed. The TV could be bigger, but we did not come to watch TV, so it fits us just fine.

The buffet breakfast is fine, not fantastic, but there is a good selection to choose from. Do not get caught up in the fact that it is pretty much the same food every day. Instead just don't try to eat from every option in the same day, instead plan out your variety by eating from a few different options each day and you'll enjoy more variety on longer stays like ours.

This is my Third time in the U.K. and I recommend that all international travelers stay away from London, rent a car, and spend time in the country side. It is easy to drive on the left side of the road, and drivers here are the best and most polite in the world. This hotel is perfectly located for a country side adventure full of castle exploration, fun activities year round, sight seeing, and excellent affordable food. If you need to go to London for a day, it is a few hours away, but not hard to do, and you will thank me for helping you find a retreat away form the city.

Room Tip: If you want/need extra space, request a disability room. If not, the other rooms are small, but goo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChimarraoMate
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear ChimarraoMate,

I know we spoke at the hotel during your stay and I wold just like to say again, my thanks for you kind comments about the hotel and the team, Nela in HK is now walking around telling everyone to call her a neat freak!

My thanks again, I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and should your travels ever bring you back to the UK we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The budget range of the Hilton hotels really show the other budget hotels how to do it and there is even limited perks (water and chocolate bar) for elite members. The hotel in Corby is no exception. The location is OK although my sat nav never actually finds it but you can see it from the road. There is limited parking outside the hotel but plenty of parking by the pub just a minute or two's walk.

The staff are friendly and the food pretty good or you can walk to the Wetherspoons next door or the Hungry Horse across the road. There is also a Dominos, Greggs and Sub Way close by.

The rooms are clean and we'll appointed. I had a ground floor room with a decent 2seater sofa, desk and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom is modern and clean with an oversize walk in shower. I have stayed in 4 star hotels that are less well appointed. There is a decent desk area with 2 plug sockets and another pair the other side of the wall mounted TV.

The only slight downside is the slightly limited TV selection but there are still quite a few channels to choose from.

There us a bar and lounge area which us where breakfast is also served. Overall the breakfast is pretty good and far better than you get as "free" with the HI Express.

There is a fitness room on the 3rd floor which us nice touch in the Hampton hotels.

Overall it is hard to fault this hotel for the price. If you need a hotel in the area you could do a lot worse than choosing this one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear divepetem9,

Just wanted to thank you for you very kind and constructive review of our hotel! I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found so many positives! The team here will also be chuffed to read your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your next in area.

My thanks again,

Martyn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel
The Raven Hotel
#6 of 6 in Corby
Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to Hampton by Hilton Corby? Share your experiences!