Holiday Inn Corby
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsexecutive roomsteam roomspa facilitiesspa breakgym and swimming poolchanging roomsface liftreception staffplenty of parkingevening mealmain roadtea and coffeeself serviceone night staycooked breakfastrefurbvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over a 10 year period and it is always my first choice when I need a hotel in Corby.

10 years ago it could be called luxurious, but lack of investment has made it more budget than quality.

However I have never had a bad stay, as a platinum member I always get an upgrade which makes a difference.

I understand that a long overdue upgrade is imminent which hopefully will give the hotel the boost it needs and customers as well as the hard working staff deserve.

The pool is a superb feature which I take advantage of every visit.

The restaurant is worthy of a visit and is not too pricey, the highlight is the buffet breakfast which is very very good.

I look forward to another stay once the refurbishment is complete.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank happyholidaymaker55
Bruce R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Hello Happyholidaymaker,

What a pleasure it was to read your review of our Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts on to this site. The Hotel is due an upgrade and I am happy to report some of the items needed to start the refurbishment are starting to arrive at the Hotel. It's great to hear that you like to use the pool and that you enjoy the food in the Restaurant. As such we can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.
Once again many thanks for the kind review.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Like all the other comments made, the hotel is in a very desperate need of repair. Carpets are very worn in some pleases and will pose a tripping hazard if not repaired soon. The bathrooms fittings are coming apart and the walls are looking scuffed and old. However what I found the most annoying was the lack of heating in my room. The radiator never got much better than warm and even though I asked if someone could look at it I never received any feedback so after 24 hours I asked again and received a portable heater. The food is ok but the dinning room is old and the tables worn with not even a table cloth to cover them. On a positive note, the small but well stocked gym is good and the pool and spa make it a reasonable hotel to stay at if your wanting to keep busy. Some staff are very helpful and one or two could do with remembering that the customer is paying to stay at the hotel!! Check your bill on leaving!!!!! I was disturbed two nights running with room service that I had not ordered! one of them had been added to my room bill. Reception did alter my bill but it was clear I would of been charged if I had not noticed it. Also the manager needs to consider the fact that some one will of checked out without paying for that room service!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Keith H
Bruce R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your review of the Hotel. Please be assured I have taken your comments on board with regard to the room service and please accept my apologies that you were disturbed. The Hotel is currently having items delivered for the refurbishment to commence and as you say this will alleviate many of the observations that you have made. Once again many thanks for you review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Couple of nights break with my wife whilst visiting Northamptonshire. Clean comfortable hotel and very friendly and helpful staff. Food in the restaurant was of a very high standard and well presented.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hi Wrighty,

Thank you for your very complimentary review of our Hotel. We are all delighted that you had a comfortable couple of nights and enjoyed the food and friendliness of the Staff. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here for one evening whilst working in Kettering, on arrival the hotel looks quite impressive but once inside the decor is dated, the carpet on the stairs is so bear it's see through, the smell in the air is not the greatest either. That aside I was satisfied enough as the actual room was a bit better, comfy bed as always at holiday inn and a good powerful shower, the wifi which I believe had been upgraded that day was excellent. I also ate the seasons restaurant and the food was of a good standard too although the starter was a little cold. I didn't have to pick up the bill as this was works job but I did note it was approximately £20 a night more than the holiday inn express which is newer and also includes a breakfast so I think overall I prefer the express.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hi

Many thanks for writing a review of the Hotel and your stay here. It's good to read that you enjoyed the food at the Hotel, the comfy bed, hot shower and noticed that we have recently upgraded our Wi-Fi. The Hotel is shortly to benefit from a major refurbishment which will benefit the areas that you mention as rather dated. Once this is underway I hope that the Hotel will tick every box for you and become your preferred destination. Once again many thanks for the review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I attended a networking event at the Holiday Inn in Corby ran by Jeanette and I can highly recommend both the event and the hotel. The hospitality, welcome, atmosphere and content of the Networking event was exceptional and the food and drink available was of a very high quality.

Thank you so much and we will definitely continue to support your networking events.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Hi Abi,

Many thanks for the comments with regard to our Networking event. I think it safe to say the day was a big success and we look forward to welcoming you back along with everybody else. Once again many thanks for the kind comments.