“Best restaurant in Corby”

Royal Tandoori Indian Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Corby
Price range: US$25 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1979, the Royal Tandoori Indian Restaurant & Takeaway is the oldest Indian takeaway in Northamptonshire.August 16th 2006 saw us extend and open a new high class 100 seater contemporary restaurant to complement our takeaway.Specialising in 'contemporary' Indian cuisine, we offer an extensive range of dishes to suit everybody including our hugely popular 'Bangladeshi Dishes'. So whether your favourite is our traditional Rogan-Josh or a mild Buttered Chicken, or perhaps a Chicken Rajkumari, you are sure to be impressed with our class, professionalism, and excellent contemporary cuisine.
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have eaten in many Indian restaurants over the years (including in Brick Lane, London) but this restaurant stands out for serving me what has been, quite possibly, one of the best Indian meals that I have ever eaten! Not only was the food to die for but the service was impeccable & the atmosphere was positively buzzing. Loved the fact that the business originally started back in the 70s as a takeaway & has grown since then but is STILL very much a family business. The red rose presented with the bill was a nice touch & I very much look forward to eating here again.

R T, Owner at Royal Tandoori Indian Restaurant & Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Thanks for the feedback, it's customers like you who make our job so much more enjoyable :)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

when you think of having Indian food this first place you think of. I have always used the take away service which is excellent in itself, but i finally persuaded my wife to come and try the food at the restaurant (she is not a spice lover so has never thought of eating a curry) the waiter was excellent and explained to my wife what she could choose from which wasn't in least bit spicy. recommended was the Chicken Passanda (in her words was delicious).
so all in all it was an excellent evening excellent service from our waiter and the proprietors,excellent value for money and the closest to real authentic Indian food. They so deserve all the awards the restaurant and chef have been winning!! and i got my wife to finally try a curry!!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Visited the Royal Tandoori yesterday lunchtime with my sister. We both thoroughly enjoyed the food and service provided. We started off with a poppadom each and mixed dips which were delish [ lime pickle dip was hot, tangy and mmmm] as were all the others. For main I had chicken tikka rogan josh and my sister had prawn madras, both dishes had amazing flavour. We shared a mushroom rice and garlic/coriander naan. The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble, We even got a single red rose each when leaving. I will definitely be dining here again soon I would highly recommend

Reviewed 21 October 2013

i have not actually ate in the resturant itself, but i have ordered a takeaway from royal tandori. The food is excellent there is a set meal for £20.00 in which it has a great variety of food. there is lots for 20 pound as indian food is normally quite expensive. i enjoy getting a takeaway from royal tandori as it is so enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Excellent service on a Sunday Lunch time Banquet. The food was fabulous and the surroundings were very modern and well thought out. The food was presented quickly and tasted great. I will definately be coming back for more!