“Best in town”

Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Corby
Price range: US$24 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1979, the Royal Tandoori Indian Restaurant & Takeaway is the oldest Indian takeaway in Northamptonshire.August 16th 2006 saw us extend and open a new high class 100 seater contemporary restaurant to complement our takeaway.Specialising in 'contemporary' Indian cuisine, we offer an extensive range of dishes to suit everybody including our hugely popular 'Bangladeshi Dishes'. So whether your favourite is our traditional Rogan-Josh or a mild Buttered Chicken, or perhaps a Chicken Rajkumari, you are sure to be impressed with our class, professionalism, and excellent contemporary cuisine.
London, United Kingdom
“Best in town”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit now, brought my Belgian friends here and they loved it too. Great food, excellent service and friendly staff. There's not much more to say - highly recommended!

Corby, United Kingdom
“most excellent”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just turned up as usual for a meal, was made very welcome, order taken. The food is lovely and only once in all the time we have been going to this restaurant have I not had a great meal, on saying that my meal was Hot instead of Medium, when asked if everything was ok, the manager could see it wasn't I said this is really hot for me, he said "but you like this Medium Heat" he took it away and came back with a new meal for me, this was great the fact that he knew how I liked my food and how quickly he replaced it. The service and staff are always brilliant. I did try a new local restaurant but it did not meet my expectations I would not go back, this is my restaurant and it is the best in Corby.

• Visited February 2014
Gretton, United Kingdom
“Family friendly”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We took our 2 girls here for lunch today - very unlike us as we normally do the Sunday roast thing but our daughter is studying India this term and we thought we'd assist her studies by letting her experience an Indian restaurant (any excuse!) The food really was outstanding - we had a mixed starter, our daughter tried samosa's and poppadums' and then we each had different main course all of which were excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful and attentive without being 'in the way' and we felt very relaxed despite having a 3 yr old and an 8 yr old with us! The lovely finishing touch was that us 3 girls were each given a red rose on our way out- of course our girls thought this delightful - a very nice touch. We will be back, thank you.

• Visited February 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“First class!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We ate here for the first time today, although we are fairly local. We had assumed Corby had nothing special to offer in the way of restaurants, but we were wrong. The food was first class - and we have both eaten in some very good curry restaurants around the country, so we know a good curry when we see it. The presentation and service were excellent and the staff were very friendly. All in all the food in this restaurant is as good as you will get anywhere and better than most by far.

I am lactose intolerant, so I am always wary, but they were very helpful and had no problem in helping me to select what I could eat. I wish that were the case everywhere.

A real gem and we are glad we came. We will be back.

Visited February 2014
Corby, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service, great food”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

No matter when we go we have always had a lovely meal. We have never had any trouble getting a table we usually just turn up but even when we phone to book we always get a table. The manager and all the staff are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them.
The food is lovely, themed nights are terrific the atmosphere is just amazing.

• Visited January 2014