“Great food!”

Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Corby
Price range: US$27 - US$32
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1979, the Royal Tandoori Indian Restaurant & Takeaway is the oldest Indian takeaway in Northamptonshire.August 16th 2006 saw us extend and open a new high class 100 seater contemporary restaurant to complement our takeaway.Specialising in 'contemporary' Indian cuisine, we offer an extensive range of dishes to suit everybody including our hugely popular 'Bangladeshi Dishes'. So whether your favourite is our traditional Rogan-Josh or a mild Buttered Chicken, or perhaps a Chicken Rajkumari, you are sure to be impressed with our class, professionalism, and excellent contemporary cuisine.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Absolutely fantastic food, great service too.

We went mid week so the atmosphere was a little below it might be at the weekend, and the decor isn't up to much.

But for grub, it ranks in my top 3 in the world.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Went out with the family for a fantastic meal can't fault!
One of the best restaurants for its kind of food in the area and great staff to,
Well done

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I'm in Corby for business and had no expectations of eating well (small town, figured no choice in restaurants). This Indian restaurant is top notch! Better than someplaces I've been in NYC! I had chicken breast stuffed with minced lamb meat spinach and spices that was to die for! Seriously a foodie restaurant. You will walk away full and satisfied. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We used the Royal Tandoori for a large takeaway meal recently (12 main meals and assorted sundries) and I have to say how impressed I was this time round. My last review of this place (2nd Sept 2013) was a little critical about the taste of the food but this time, having had a different dish to last time but one that I have elsewhere, my view is different.

We called up to order this food well in advance of us actually wanting it and the order was taken accurately and then cooked and ready to be collected at exactly the time I had requested. We had a number of different meals and additional side dishes and they were all very tasty. My dish (Chicken Pathia) was the best version I have tasted and the chefs are to be commended for making my favourite dish taste even better than my favourite restaurant makes it. Everybody enjoyed their meals and we were given additional poppadums and side dishes free (no doubt as a result of the size of the order – in excess of £110 after the collection discount).

This time round, the food really delivered the taste and quality that many other posts have alluded to and that other members of my family have commented on. I can see why this place gains the recognition that it does if this is how they prepare and serve their dishes. Although this was a takeaway order, it was obvious that the restaurant was, as ever, laid out well with copious amounts of staff available to serve those who chose to sit in.

It’s still only 50/50 for me based on my recent experiences but this last meal was very, very good indeed.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The best curry restaurant around, don't take my word for it just look at the awards they keep getting! I can not praise this restaurant enough, we have many birthday celebrations there and have had many take aways, we have never had a bad meal and I doubt we ever will!
Just had a take away from them and it was delivered within half hour piping hot, can't wait for another one.