“Nice.....”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Nice.....”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

On arrival we discovered that there was a wedding reception being held in the hotel. However we found that this did not effect our stay. The staff were very welcoming from the offset. The room was well kept and quiet. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom modern. The full breakfast was rounded up by a delightful sit in the gardens whilst we drink our morning coffee. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, it is with great pleasure to receive such positive feedback. All feedback is shared with the team to better our service and product alike.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warren Browning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

As per usual a perfect stay, fantastic customer service from Claire on the main desk. Made sure we were happily settled. Went into the bar to watch some football. Wasnt too noisy just a nice atmosphere.

Lovely stay and will be returning soon. Never a grumble from me

• Stayed September 2013
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear blue-belle-moo,
Thank you once again for your kind words, it really is nice to see our guests returning and writing such comments.
I will be sharing your feedback with all the team, especially Claire who I am sure will be delighted to be mentioned by name for her hard work and exceeding your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

A bit shocked to see a big santa mannikin in the hotel lobby, after all it was only September!
Stayed in in room 116, which had a large comfortable four poster bed.
very spacious room, with god sized bathroom too.
Nice breakfast too, friendly staff, night porter Matt, very helpful and pleasant

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear mauricel,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, Corby.
All feedback is crucial to our success in the local market and hearing such positive comments is a real morale for all of us working in the hotel. I will be sharing this feedback with Matt our night porter who will be delighted to be recognised in such a manner.
Father Christmas maybe early but is doing just what we intended which is having our guest talk about him after all there are only 12 Saturdays until Christmas!!
Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed overnight on Thursday 26th September. My husband was on business and the hotel was ideally situated for his appointment - I was there on leisure and for support. Check in was swift with a very affable receptionist (I think called Alan??) and our room was very spacious with lots of drawer and wardrobe space. The bathroom was very modern with space to put wash bags and toiletries (one of my pet hates when there is no space for shaving cream/razor cosmetic bags etc.!). We were overlooking the back car park which was not a good view but the room was comfortable as was the bed and we slept very well. We were on a dinner/bed/breakfast rate and were disappointed with the restaurant menu. However, the restaurant manager (called Liz I think) sorted us out and adjusted the bill. There was no fresh veg on the menu which I love but she had the Chef cook me some along with boiled potatoes - thanks to Liz (hope I've got your name correct) and Chef. Breakfast was good with lots of variety - eggs looked a bit tired but cooked fresh when requested along with freshly cooked bacon. All in all very good for the area and we would revisit if my husband had business in the area again but I would not book B/B&D - I would just book B&B as the menu is limited. Thanks again to the receptionist on checking out - |(Alan - I hope you had a super time in Sheffield).My husband went to his appointment and I took a walk to Rockingham Castle (which Alan suggested) which is not far but you do have to cross a major road but when I got there it was closed. Disappointed I walked back to the hotel and Alan immediately offered me my room key to say it wasn't being used that day and I could use it if I wished. Bless. However, it was a beautiful September day which I spent most of it waiting for my husband reading my book in the garden at the back of the hotel. Staff were excellent and very helpful and the rooms and public areas very clean..

Room Tip: We a car park view at the rear but saw that there were a few rooms at the front overlooking the gar...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear tricia298,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, Corby.
I am pleased you mention staff by name and highlighted those you felt went the extra mile, I will be reviewing this feedback with the entire team especially with Allen and Liz.
Sorry to hear your comments in regards to the restaurant menu, this is something we are currently working on and a new menu will be implemented this month offering both fresh and local produce. I hope you will come back to try our new menu offering and would welcome your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Six of us booked a two night stay in the "Best Western Rockingham Forest (Corby).
Lovely rooms, evening meal and breakfast very nice and a good choice.
Hotel itself had a friendly atmosphere and all the staff went that extra mile to please.
Would certainly return........

Room Tip: We had room 411 and was very happy.........
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear sandb Gardiner,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, Corby.
It makes great reading to hear you enjoyed everything we have on offer; I will share all feedback with the entire team.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Well were to start, the room seemed ok till we discovered a hole in the floor under the carpet, then found not all the lights worked, I did complain and they up graded us to a better room which was nice, but generally it was all disappointing I was expecting better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Richofisca,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, this is not the levels of standards our guests would normally find themselves receive as TripAdvisor clearly shows.
Sorry you felt the need to write such a review after we had tried to accommodate you as best we could.
Wiltshire
Reviewed 19 September 2013

To set the scene, our party comprised myself and my manager (wife) along with our mate in his separate room and all of us looking forward looking forward to a great weekend of motor racing at the Rockingham Speedway.
It was late dusk as we arrived and due to the local council's lack of public street lighting it was quite easy to overlook the access tot he hotel. Once found, however, the hotel provided plenty of parking spaces (some to the rear of the building) and level access to reception was easy.
Check in was absolutely no fuss and our rooms on the same level as reception were easily accessed.
ROOMS: Clean, tidy and well appointed. Only had shampoo and shower gel for one person in our room but that didn't matter (first night).
BEDS: Very comfortable - cannot ask for more than that.
FOOD: Things were a bit confusing here because there were both bar and restaurant menus - but you could have either offering in either the bar or the restaurant. Whatever, we enjoyed our first meal on the first night and subsequently chose to eat in the hotel on nights 2 and 3 rather than pop out to the local Wetherspoons etc. All our meals were served piping hot on hot plates - I really much prefer that to luke-warm indifferent offerings. Breakfast was pretty much the same sorts of offerings as in any other hotel - fruit juices, fruit, cereals, cooked etc. But here, the thing that stood out was the really good quality of the cooked food. As I write I can still taste the bacon, hmmm.
BAR: I will come back to staff in a moment. The bar is looking a little "1980's working men's club lounge" - the wood panelling is a bit dated and the club chairs and tables feel a bit, well, sort of basic. It just doesn't feel like a good quality hotel. But that said the beers seemed well kept and served, a couple of TVs helped customers keep up with a variety of sports if they wanted to.
PRICES: I cannot be specific about individual meals or drinks but can say that we averaged, for 3 adults, around £70.00 per night for food and drink, say, £23 each when our typical main courses were around £11.00. Please take my word for the £12 per person per night - that was good value for drinks!
STAFF: It appeared that, without exception, all the staff we met were Brits. Also without exception the staff were courteous, interested and fun to deal with. Nothing was too much trouble and service was quick and efficient throughout our stay. The bar staff deserve a special mention - good fun.
SMALL PROBLEMS: After Night No. 1 Her Highness discovered that our bathroom had not been serviced in our absence - we reported that when we went for dinner and it was completely cleaned before we returned that evening. Meanwhile, our mate ordered an alarm call for one morning that came 30 minutes late while another alarm call he DID NOT ORDER followed on the day after. We had to laugh!
ACID TEST: Would we stay there again? Resounding YES.

Room Tip: With windows open I don't think anywhere in the hotel escapes a little noise from the nearby mai...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Grande_Tourer,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, I am delighted to read such positive feedback, all your comments have been passed on to the team who welcome such comments.
I have taken on board the comments made in regards to the wake up calls, which with new processes in place this should negate calls being made late in future.
In regards to the wood panelling, we are undergoing a small face lift in the bar as this has been mentioned before, so thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will be working towards brightening up the bar and lounge area.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Warren Browning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
Hampton by Hilton Corby
The Raven Hotel
#6 of 6 in Corby
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Kettering

Been to Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel? Share your experiences!