Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel
PremierInn.com
US$91
US$77
Agoda.com
All reviewsbest western rockingham forestjacuzzi bathgood sizefunction roomthe ground floorbar staffself servicespecial thankshuge bedshort breakcooked to perfectionrain showerenjoyable staycar parksaturday nightfull englishevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very good hotel. Stayed here in the Lordship suite for the 2 nights for our wedding and also booked several others rooms for friends and family. Great value, very clean and modern rooms. Alan and Claire on reception are brilliant. They both couldn't have been more helpful and made our stay amazing. Thankyou. Kev and Vicky.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kevin10000000
Warren B, Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hi Kevin and Vicky
Wow what a lovely review! I'm glad we made all your wedding party comfortable. May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for your future and I will pass on your lovely comments to Claire and Allen who will be pleased to hear of their mention.
Thanks once again and don't forget to come back for your anniversary.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed on weekend 31st May whilst attending Rockingham speedway. Have to say the hotel was comfortable and the room was well decorated and not tired at all. Breakfast was buffet style and well stocked. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Raybondo
Many thanks for your lovely review regarding your recent visit. Your business is very important to us. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and you found the hotel comfortable.
Hopefully you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our experience in this hotel was very pleasant, it was a spur of the moment as we was looking around certain areas for a house. We was made most welcome, even with our small dog and the staff could not do enough for you. Food was very good and I would definitely stay here again. Extremely clean, although dated in places, however this did not detract from the surroundings and professionalism of staff. well done

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Tina H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01536401348.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a complimentary review for all to see. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Another great stay. This is our fifth stay overall over the last couple of years. What I liked about this stay was Alan on reception. We only had to mention who we were and he knew exactly what we wanted, it's nice to be remembered. We also got to eat in the restaurant this time and the food was amazing. I had chicken and so did my partner. I wasn't going to review this stay as I have previously reviewed this place on here before but I have heard that they have been sold and are about to refurb the place. I hope this is true as this place has the potential to be the best hotel in the area.

There is a review for here that say that Best Western hotels are "hotels with personality" but they say this hotel has none. I defy anyone to say anything bad about the staff here as we have had 5 amazing stays and each staff member has been lovely. It's the reason why we keep coming back.

Room Tip: Try and get an upgraded room, we always get ours as we tend to stay during quiet times. Get a Best Western membership as they can always guarantee our upgrade when we check in.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Tracey N,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property.

We have just engaged in a refurbishment program and the new owners are investing a lot of money to make sure we are the best hotel in the area.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to see the works carried out to date.

BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2014

It looks great from the outside, not too bad inside, but not high quality hotel. My mother and I stayed here with a Williams holiday, room 101, on the ground floor, just as well as there is no lift to the second floor,not a bad room, large and comfortable. One of the fancy, bendy lights was not working, apparently the maintaince crew only work weekends, and the whole of the bedhead had to be removed in order to replace the light bulb - a very badly designed unit. The bathroom although clean, looked as if the tiles needed to be regrouted, the toilet gurgled as did the basin and the smell was awful, on informing the receptionist, we were only offered to change rooms the night before we left, they did provide us with 2 bedside lights for our stay, so at least we had adequate lighting in the bedroom. Although the chambermaids cleaned the bathroom, they did not make either bed properly, no sheets were straigtened. Food - first 2 days meals were excellent, but they must have changed chefs for the last 2 as the meals were truly appalling.
My mother had fishcakes - over fried in the deep fat frier and we were not the only ones to complain, my half pepper was raw and the couscous uncooked, its not that difficult to cook.
The profiteroles were frozen and like cardboard, we all complained. Other people had trouble with their keys, they did'nt work, someone else's bathroom was flooded, but all the time the maintence men were never available. They advertise the best great western hotels, hotels with personality, well this one is yuck! I would'nt go there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank teresawebster10
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear teresawebster10,

Sorry you felt the need to write such a review, as you can see from our TripAdvisor page this is far from the normal feedback we receive here at the hotel.

In fact the very same group you were part of left me personally a thank you card saying this was the best year yet! There is somewhat mixed views. As well your group telling us this was the best year yet we had another group in which also said the same and have been coming here for over 5 years.

You are right in the fact we are having some refurbishment works carried out and are under new ownership, some of the works are starting today, so watch this space.

Sorry once again you felt the need to write such a review and one not reflective of the group as a whole but on a more individual basis, which is fine, we hope we can make you happy on your return should you wish to do so.

Kind regards,