“Nice stay”

Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Nice stay in the venue, staff made us feel welcome and were friendly. Reasonable prices also, successful visit all in all! Rooms are spacious and the bed was very comfy! The bath was also very big and lovley!

appears quite an old building from outside but inside it has character and the food was delicious.

Stayed: July 2014
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear protherosteve,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review, all feedback is shared with the team and we welcome such positive feedback.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Over the years I’ve used this place for evening meals, business meetings (large and small), conference events, Sunday lunches and watching the football with a beer in the bar. I’ve never stayed in the hotel so this is not a review of the accommodation.

Firstly, a bit of context. This establishment has just been bought out and there are plans to spend some money on and refurb it. Good – it’s about time. This place could be a little gold mine – it’s pretty well situated, has a decent bar and restaurant area, good outside space and it’s popular for parties and weddings. It’s close to the countryside, the football and athletics stadiums, the “Zombie Hut”, Rockingham Castle and it’s not too far from Rockingham Speedway, the newly opened Go-Kart track, Kirby Hall, Wakerley and Fermyn Woods, Corby Boating Lake. Uppingham, Oakham and Rutland Water are no more than 25 minutes drive away.

There’s lots for visitors to do in the local area. Rockingham Forest (or Hotel Elizabeth or whatever it's called these days - it's defintely NOT Best Western !) should be taking advantage of that and marketing themselves in that space for leisure vistors. It’s also well situated for most (if not all) of Corby’s business areas and Industrial Estates – again, lots of opportunity to encourage business men and tradesmen to use the hotel more than they do.

Business and leisure visits? Two markets to attack.

But! This place, historically, damages it’s opportunity for being a little gold mine by not having invested in the décor and “fabric” of the building. The staff are friendly and the food (last visit was mid June) is, in my experience, always a decent standard. However, the look of the place is dated and, other reviews suggest, the bedrooms are off putting.

I like this place but it could be so much more than it is with a bit of investment and some clever marketing and publicity. I am hoping that the new owners (and indeed the new Management team onsite) can step up to the mark and make something out of this place. It’d be a shame to lose it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GingerChimp

Dear GingerChimp,
Thank you for taking the time to write such an in depth review of our hotel. Your feedback is paramount for us to build on the customer experience and to better our services.

We are under new ownership as you rightly say and are investing in the hotel and receiving some fantastic feedback on the works carried out to date.

We are carrying out the works in a timely fashion and this will not impact on the business at all but will give our customers exceptional value for money.

Thank you once again for leaving such an extensive review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and welcome the chance to meet you in person and for you to share your feedback with us all again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My sister, brother and me stayed in the hotel last week 4th July to 7th July 2014 in two rooms.
The room needed a good clean as there was THICK grey dusty fluff around carpet behind door and on skirting boards. The bathroom floor in the corners had thick dirt. Looks like they go in with the mop but don't get in the corners with a cloth. I believe they are revamping the hotel but there is still no need for there standards to drop in the rooms still needing done. The one saving grace was the shower and staff, the shower was great and water lots of hot and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking green are nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gran243
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Gran243 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I apologize on behalf of the housekeeping department in regards to the shortfall of the cleanliness and standards in the bedrooms, this has been dealt with this morning and new measures are in place to negate this from happening in the future.

We are undergoing a refurbishment program as you mention in your review and are looking to upgrade our offering, I do hope you will come and visit us again to see the works carried out.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed there for 1 night...gruby hotel,very tired feel to it...room smelt of cigarette smoke...went for a meal in restaurant,no staff to welcome me,had to go to bar to establish if restaurant was open. Ordered from menu,my choice of salmon not available despite being on menu,disapointing. Breakfast OK in the morning,overall not impressed will find somewhere else next time I stay in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank andykb1
Warren B, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is with deep regret that you are clearly dissatisfied with the offering here at the hotel and I can assure you this is not the normal offering and feedback we receive.

If you would be kind enough to call me at the hotel on 01536 401348 to discuss further and for me to rectify this complaint I would be very grateful.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on business the staff were friendly and welcoming the accommodation was ok apart from no water in the bathroom sink but where I felt this hotel was let down was with the food for me a decent chef can make or break a hotel the food in one restruant left a lot to be desired I had to leave my food on the 3 occasions I ate there stale nan breads ect im not a fussy eater but I like to be able to finish what I ordered anyways its only my opinion but its an honest one I wont be staying agai

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, sorry we didn't meet all your expectations, especially on the food offering; this is something we are in the process of upgrading in terms of the offering and skill set to deliver the same.

Thank you for acknowledging the staff and my sincere apologies for the water not working in your room. This I can confirm has been rectified as soon as this was brought to my attention.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the very near future to show you the new menu and service we aspire to deliver to all our guests.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights whilst on a visit to Rockingham. We found the hotel value for money with the staff being exceptional - Nothing was too much trouble and they were friendly and helpful. A very good asset for the hotel. Breakfast was excellent for two days but not so good on the other day. Dinner fine. Unfortunately when we were there, a wedding reception was being held in the function suite and the young children from the wedding were running riot through the bar of the hotel - so much so that we decided to forego another drink and went to our room. Even if the parents of such children can't or won't control their children, I feel the hotel should do something so that other guests are not inconvenienced - maybe make the bar un-accessible from the function room perhaps?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bennySouthend

Dear bennySouthend,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and acknowledging the exceptional staff.
We do try our best to look after all the guests and especially controlling the children on wedding days, I apologies for the inconvenience this caused you and do hope this has not deterred you away from using the BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel in the near future.

Thank you once again for writing a review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warren Browning

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
Hampton by Hilton Corby
The Raven Hotel
#6 of 6 in Corby
Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel? Share your experiences!