“Excellent Takeaway food”

Add it.
Lucky House
Ranked #49 of 111 Restaurants in Corby
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've only recently discovered the delights of this little unassuming takeaway. I've always avoided it because of how it looks from the outside. Having been bought a meal from here this has now become our first choice takeaway for Chinese food in the town. The food is great, well cooked and more tasty than many (if not all) it's competitors. Every time I'm in there it's busy. Really busy. The phone never stops ringing.

One of the reasons why it's so busy in the shop is that they don't do a delivery service. You have to go and fetch it. Also, be warned that they don't accept cards - it's cash only. There is a cashpoint in the Post office a couple of doors down but that closes at something like 19.30 so isn't always available.

I've rated this as Excellent on the basis of the food alone. On the basis of ease and convenience (no delivery, no cards) then it's clearly less than excellent - however, if you know about that in advance then you can deal with it ... and the food is probably worth the effort.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I can only thank my oven for not working to allow me to enjoy what has got to be the best Chinese takeaway in Corby in fact the country! The taste explosion you get in your mouth is just wow, I will now always only use this Chinese and will highly recommend it to you and you and you! I was very busy on a Friday night when I got there the phone didn't stop ringing and the amount of walk in customers showed it is the best, we got our food within 15 minutes and after the 10 minutes drive home it was still piping hot then! Please give this place a try, you won't be disappointed!