“Stay away from this hotel!”
Review of The Raven Hotel

The Raven Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Probably the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in. Check in was not at reception, but the bar. They lost the keys to the room, and made us wait, till someone came back with them. Tiny room dirty and worn, camp bed which collapsed to the centre when sleeping. Food is extra, which was poor, and served badly.

I think they have a nerve expecting you to stay, let alone paying for it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 December 2009

I have stayed in a few Hotels in corby. What I liked about The Raven is the friendly staff and the way they will help as much as they can. I believe it is a family run business and that always makes a huge difference. The real ales are also kept very well. I have seen in the kitchen and noticed how orderly and clean it was compared to one of the other hotels whos kitchen was absolutely filthy.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank phil96
Reviewed 12 October 2009

- You're not allowed to eat takeaway food in the rooms. Never, ever heard of that at a hotel before!

- Rooms are very, very basic dated. Decor is depressing, beds are like heavy duty camp beds. Have a small TV and heater. My shower looked like it belonged in an abattoir.

- Pub below is VERY noisy when there's a football match on. There were drunken blokes shouting and play fighting outside when I arrived.

-Staff friendly

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I spent 3 nights at the Raven for the same price as 2 nights at a budget chain in the area, and that's without adding the charge that many chains tack on for wifi access. The food in the pub was good (I wouldn't go so far as to say great, but I wouldn't complain either) and there is a nice beer garden in back. A great, no-frills hotels. I checked in and was left alone, which I personally like -- I don't enjoy the chatting that is sometimes expected in B&Bs in the same price range. Traveling solo, I was very pleased with the Raven, although I'd probably look elsewhere if I were planning to stay somewhere with my girlfriend.

The beer garden includes a good deal of playground equipment and, though not a family man myself, I could imagine the hotel appealing to families on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Stayed for a night with my wife. We had an ensuite and got it cheaper than the other hotels I rang. Seems like the others will do deals but not at short notice. Raven was cheaper at short notice. Nice pub, food was good. Would use again. (free wifi but didnt have my laptop)

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2009

I stayed three nights in an En Suite room, although fairly basic, the room was very clean and the food in the pub was great. Also the free wireless was a bonus as I need internet access for work. Can't argue with the price!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We visted family and booked on line at the Raven, following the lovely pictures on their site - but have to say they must have got these pictures from another hotel. The rooms we were 'sent' to had single camp beds with although clean sheets, the over bed covers were terrible, covered in cigarette holes, and stains, some stains were very discusting - we had no bathroom, or toilet in our room and were not told of this when we booked, please bare in mind we booked a Premier room as well! There was a sink in the corner with cardboard white towels, shelves and a wardrobe without a door - the sign on the front door said would all workmen please remove their muddy boots before entering the premises, hmmm. We checked straigh out and went to the Elizabeth just down the road, which worked out CHEAPER than the Raven and is a lovely hotel, kind staff and clean, exceptional value for money rooms. As for the Raven, major refurbishments and a new web site me thinks.....

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
The Saxon Crown
Holiday Inn Corby
#5 of 6 in Corby
Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to The Raven Hotel? Share your experiences!