“Hilton Good BUT”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Hilton Good BUT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Monday for one night, I went down to watch a football match at Fulham between Nigeria and Italy. I chose this Hotel as I had a meeting with the players from the Nigerian team who also stayed at this hotel. I have stayed in lots of Hilton hotels all around the world and in my opinion this wasn't the best one, but the most expensive. The staff were very helpful and professional, the room was clean and I had a good night's sleep, breakfast was good with lots of choices, The gym was small and narrow but ok for a quick workout. BUT I was disappointed with the service at the bar, I ordered a club sandwich for lunch at 4.10pm and it arrived at 5.12pm. For me that's way too long to wait for a club sandwich considering the bar wasn't busy. The management needs to look into this....Not acceptable for Hilton standards.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank George P
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear GMaxx
I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding the staff being helpful and professional and I am pleased that you had a comfortable and relaxing night’s sleep.
As we have recently reviewed the Breakfast buffet I was thrilled with your feedback regarding this.
I am very disappointed with your comments regarding the bar and the unacceptable length of time you waited for a Club Sandwich. This isolated incident does not reflect our usual high level of service we pride ourselves on here in Cobham and I know my Head Chef and Lounge Manager would like to share in my apologies.
I do hope you enjoyed the football match and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham next time you are visiting Surrey.
Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
leatherhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

lovely hotel very friendly staff. The spa which is run by another company was dirty and the staff rude. The treatment rooms left you with products n your feet that you didn't use and the staff spoke to each other throughout treatments so not worth the money. The hotel staff were lovely and couldn't do any more to help.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear HayleyP
Thank you for taking the time to post a short review following your recent stay with us.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team which I have shared with them.
I understand that my PA has already been in touch with you regarding our Franchaisee partner the Escape Spa and I must again apologise on their behalf that you left the Hotel feeling less than satisfied.
Thank you again for your feedback and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
Warm regards
Dean Rigby
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is situated beween a green spot between all the bricks and asphalt you see in England when travelling. Recommended! The beds are comfy, the service from staff were splendid. We arrived late, got hungry past midnight and the staff redressed into white Chefs uniforms and showed up in our room with a wagon and served relatively good food closer to 2:00 AM - all dressed in white! True, the hotel is in on the last half of the time line before refurb and if you look for it you´ll notice some sales points of interior decorators. However, it is quite good enough unless you´re the Queen of England or a Russian Oligark - then you have your own castle nearby in Central London anyway. The surroundings and the classic estate is worth a visit. Better than looking out the window into another concrete or brick building across the street! I recommend it!

Room Tip: Just the normal: Be pollite and ask for a good view, or if you´re jetlagged a quiet room where you c...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Trond B
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following you recent stay with us. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and you had a very relaxing and comfortable time.
All your kind comments have been shared with my team and I would love to meet you personally next time you are staying with us here with us here at the Hilton Cobham
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We recently stayed 3 nights at this Hotel,great reception team,rooms located where requested,everything looking good for our third stay at this Hilton.However the Restaurant was probably one of the worst I have ever used in a Hilton.My childs meal was doused in a awful mustard dressing for 3 nights on the run,even after countless complaints !!! The Incompetence of the restaurant manager,who turned out to be the duty hotel manager would show Basil Fawlty a trick or two.He got the order wrong,then returned to snatch his mistake from under the nose of my elderly mother,then presented my child with a pasta dish that had obviously sat under a heat lamp for a while !! The fact that on one of the evenings we waited 30 minutes between courses hardly needs mentioning.Anyway even after complaints to the hotel,all they have suggested is that we visit again,not likely im afraid !!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HENRYA150
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear HenryA150
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me and I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham.
I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding my Restaurant Manager and I know he was personally very concerned to read your review and he would like to share in my apology that you left the Restaurant feeling far from valued with the service they delivered this was certainly not his intention and I will address this as a matter of urgency.
I am delighted to read that you found the Hotel to be a great location and for your kind comments regarding my reception team which I have shared with them.
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton brand and our honours programme and I can assure you that we will take your comments on board to further enhance our future guest’s experience.
Best Regards.
Dean

Travellers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have stayed in many Hilton's around the world but this has to be the least interesting. The setting is lovely, surrounded by woods and fields although you can hear the traffic noise from the A3.
It has been refurbed with new rooms added and although clean and comfortable, were starting to look a little frayed aorund the edges.
Bar meals were ok but very expensive and staff rather forgetful on details (ordered a tea and had to ask twice for it).
Good central spot for business but it has no real competition nearby and it shows.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Mooey40
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I should like to apologise for the disappointing experience.
Although part of the Hilton portfolio we are a unique character property which cannot be compared to some of the more regular Hilton Hotels in the UK. We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.
I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
Warm regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Great suite...upgraded as diamond member...very comfortable rooms with large bathroom...food good both in the bar and restaurant... Would ask that the facilities for business people are looked at....no paper pens etc in our suite...unable to print and copy documents as business centre machines down..receptionist not willing to use the hotel admin machine so we had to leave the hotel and drive around to find someone to print for us....well done the local post office.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kate S
Dear Kate S
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us and for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Brands and for being a faithful Hilton Honors customer
Whilst I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the Restaurant I would like to apologise for the poor administrative assistance you received. Whilst we did have an issue with one of our copiers I am sorry we did not assist you further to carry out your printing. Please be assured I have addressed this personally with my Front Office team and I am sorry that on this occasion you did not receive the high level of customer service we pride ourselves on here at Cobham.
I do hope it won’t be long before we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back and I do hope I will be able to meet you personally during your next stay.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

A one night stay at this hotel, which is not too far outside of London and which I have not previously visited. Reception and check in was welcoming. Nice clean and fairly large room. Liked the layout of the hotel and the extensive grounds. Unfortunately the weather did not allow for too much outdoor exploring, but this would be a lovely location in the summer. Well stocked and comfortable bar and typical Hilton breakfast, which had a good selection. A nice weekend retreat in the country, which I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Davidbbell52
Thank you so much for posting such a great review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted you had a relaxing and comfortable weekend away in the country and I have shared all your kind comments with the team.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back during the summer months so you can experience the great outdoors and enjoy our 27 acres of grounds and woodlands and our newly opened nature trail.
Thank you once for sharing your great feedback.
Dean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!