“Cobham Hilton”

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Very pleasant stay with my family, hotel is in a great setting and very good location for access to central London. Very nice friendly staff and my wife had a spa treatment included in the price. The quality of the food was excellent and good value for money as our evening meal was also oncluded in the price, but not drinks of course, would stay there again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Eddie C
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and your Wife enjoyed her Spa Treatment and I will share this great feedback with our Franchisee Partner The Escape Spa.
I am delighted that you found the food excellent and good value and I will pass on your kind comments to my Head Chef.
We are all very pleased that you and your family will be staying again in the future and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Dean

Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Went for a sales meeting with work. It's pretty standard as hiltons go. The room was clean and bed comfy. I didn't eat here at all so can't speak to that. The service in terms of check in and out was pretty poor. The staff aren't that friendly and their systems keep going down so they couldn't give me a bill... The bar staff were good but the bar was closed by mid night and the evening porter was a bit arsey about us wanting drinks and snacks.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Colin H
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the hotel. I am sorry to read that members of my Front Office team have left you feeling less than satisfied with the service they have delivered. Your experiences do not reflect the high level of customer service that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham. Please can I ask that you contact me personally so that I can investigate this further. I very much look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
dean.rigby@hilton.com

Reviewed 9 December 2013

we went to the Hilton for one night when we got their we hat to wait for 10 mins to get check-in then we got no help with are luggage very bad the room was far from the picture from the website it was like a premier inn but worst !!!!!!!!!!!!! then we went down to the bar the staff where not that
friendly also the bar was untidy loads of dirty glass not nice also breakfast was average wont be staying here ever.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank coffee186338
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear coffee186338

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I should like to apologise for the disappointing experience.
Although part of the Hilton portfolio we are a unique character property which cannot be compared to some of the more regular Hilton Hotels in the UK. We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes. I am disappointed that you feel you would have received better value in a budget hotel
we always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service and I am sorry that on this occasion you have left feeling far from valued with the service you received and I will address this as a matter of urgency. Whilst I appreciate we will not be your preferred choice of Hotel in the future I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we may still get the opportunity to welcome you back so you can experience the high level of service that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, very attentive staff and great food Erik in reception and Darren in living well were great, the food in the restaurant was some of the best I have ever had in a hotel restaurant, also very good breakfast will most definitely be returning soon and would recommend this hotel for any type of stay

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear pdematos

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review following your stay. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time and I have shared your great feedback with Darren, Erik , My Head Chef and the rest of the team.
I hope it wont be to long before we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Hilton was once the benchmark for a really sleek hotel. This is the second time I've tried one in the last 2 years, and boy, do they need to up their game. What's sad is that they're under the illusion that it's still a big deal to give them your money and stay with them! I say this with a heavy heart, as I stayed in this particular hotel some years ago when it was new and fabulous. It's now tired and going through the motions, and in need of some serious TLC. It's perfectly fine as a 3 star place to stay, but, of course, I expected more. I'm not even sure who they are targeting as their clientele: certainly not us anymore! Some gripes: we got a rigorous dressing down at reception, informing us that, as it was the festive season, there might be a lot of noise as there were several parties going on. Now that would have been useful information at the time of booking, but it wasn't provided. Perhaps they were right. We should have foreseen it, but spare me the dour lecture which left me feeling I had a sleepless night ahead (as it happened I didn't, but didn't stop us waiting for it to start!) The Internet is still charged at a whopping £15 for 24 hours, which is something hardly any hotels do anymore (although it is available in some of the communal areas. But In Bed with Your iPad is now a popular pastime, Hilton. We all do it in 2013.) The room was OK, but for an "executive" was incredibly small. The carpet was stained, and 2 pin plugs at the bedside were not conducive to plugging in your phone. In fact, the decor throughout the hotel could really do with refreshing.

I write this review more in sorrow than anger. There's no investment going into this chain, and it shows. I realise I'm out of step with some of the other reviews on this page, and if an average hotel is what you need, then this would suit. Sadly, it's not charging an average price, so these travellers are moving on.

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the "parties"
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Islandgirl London

It would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please be assured the Housekeeping issues in your room have been addressed and my Head Housekeeper would like to share in my apologies.
During the festive season we do have Parties taking place and whilst allocating bedrooms we do where possible allocate bedrooms away from the Function rooms for guests not attending the event. Due to occupancy levels this is not always possible and therefore we do explain the Guests on check in. I am pleased to read that you were not disturbed.
With regards to the Internet, all of our gold and diamond Hilton Honors members are able to enjoy complimentary WI FI throughout the hotel and we have further extended this so that all guests are able to take advantage of complimentary WIFI in the public areas as well as utilise the Hilton Connectivity station free of charge.
I am sorry that areas of the service you received have left you feeling less than satisfied and I will be sure to address the areas you have highlighted to ensure that my future guests do not leave the hotel feeling this way.
I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful weekend stay here.
The staff go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and are so helpful.
Special thanks go to Erik and Molly on reception who are a real asset to the hotel, their kind nature and helpfulness made our stay extra pleasant.
The hotel sits amid beautiful grounds and the views are wonderful.
Our room was spacious and more than comfortable and the extras such as the gowns, slippers, and complimentary bottled water were very welcoming.
As we had our little Yorkshire Terrier with us, the fact that the room had French doors that lead out on to a patio area, meant we did not have to traipse through the hotel to exercise him.
Having stayed at many Hilton Hotels over the years, I can honestly say, in my humble opinion, this is one of the best.
Dining and beverages are expensive but in a hotel as good as this, you would expect that.
As with all Hilton hotels that I have visited the swimming pool is not large but adequate and is kept at a comfortable temperature.it also has a Jacuzzi.
The gym is beside the pool area and is open 24hrs a day, which must be a bonus if you suffer from insomnia.
Overall I loved our stay at this hotel, so much so we are going back again soon for my Birthday, and I cant wait!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Alison T

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following you recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.
I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and I have shared your fantastic feedback with Erik, Molly and the rest of the team.
It will be great to have the opportunity to welcome you back for your Birthday and I do hope I will have the opportunity of meeting you personally during your next stay.
Thank you once again for sharing your great experience.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

A fantastic hotel in a lovely setting, booked a spa weekend with a friend and was not disappointed at all. Rooms were lovely, we were lucky to get a room a balcony on the lower floor of the hotel. The scenery was lovely and couldn't of asked for more of a relaxing break.

The Spa treatments were excellent, the staff were attentive and very well trained. The swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna rooms were all excellent amenities served by fantastic staff. Dinner served in the restaurant was absolutely lovely, we were lucky enough to get a changed menu. I would never have thought a Hilton Hotel could be in a unique picturesque surround. All in all a brilliant stay and would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Sonel P

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us here at Cobham.

I am delighted that we provided you with a relaxing and comfortable break and I have shared this wonderful feedback with my team and our franchisee partner the Escape Spa.

I hope it wont be too long before we are welcoming you back to Cobham.

Dean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Oatlands Park Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!