“Hilton Cobham”

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Recently stayed whilst visiting friends. Good nights sleep, huge comfy bed. Good breakfast. Really like the fast checkout. Only had drinks in the bar and probably could of done without the football being shown constantly but my husband liked that bit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Dina F
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted you had a relaxing and comfortable stay and I have shared your great feedback with my team. I hope it won’t be long until we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham.
Warm regards

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed one night on business. The room was noisy. The loo didn't flush well. I wasn't very hungry and decided to have a room service snack rather than a restaurant meal. I had a club sandwich which cost £19 !!! It tasted like cardboard - I couldn't finish it. Staff were OK - reception on arrival was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Michael B
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I should like to apologise for the disappointing experience.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service and I was delighted with your kind comments regarding reception which I have shared with the team, however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the Maintenance Issues in your bedroom and the Club Sandwich.
I understand that my PA has already been in touch with you regarding your stay and we have addressed your feedback in the hotel.
I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again sometime in the future and would like to have the opportunity to meet you personally.
Warm regards

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were here on a 2 day course so decided to stay over. We got a good deal directly with the hotel for executive room, breakfast and dinner included. My husband checked us in by the helpful reception staff and signed up for Hilton Honors and when we got to our room after our course finished all information had been delivered which was great. We then went down to the pool, we were only down the corridor so went down in the bath robes and slippers provided. The pool is very small not for anyone that enjoys swimming lengths as it gets very very shallow (scrapping knees), the jacuzzi had a problem with it and had some sand at the bottom of it. The suana had a problem too meaning it wasn't reaching the correct temperature, although this was quite nice as I don't always like it too hot.

Dinner was fantastic, the inclusive meal meant we had a choice of the set menu or the normal menu, anything above the £24.50 each we had to pay for which was fine (3 course on inclusive menu was £24.50) - plenty to choose from and very yummy! We had been warned the portions were small however I can vouch for the rissoto as being plenty big enough - couldn't finish it after having the goats cheese starter too!! We had a bottle of the house red, which was very nice (if a little expensive). We had thought that as we hadn't used our £24.50 allowance each that we'd get some money off the wine....sadly not! The guys and girls working in the restaurant were fantastic.

The room we had I wouldn't say was executive apart from the size of it (or plaza as it said on the door) I've included pictures of mould around the window, the piece of painted mdf being used as a bath panel that is clearly not good as it is pealing away at the edges, the condensation stains around the window too. Only 2 tea bags (so 1 cup each for the whole stay!) and 4 milks (have to use 2 for each cup though so only 1 cup each aswell) Also, the 'hairdryer' so old and clearly broken - glowed red, no fan to blow the air and then a smell of burning! Good job I took my own with me!!!!

Breakfast again was very good, a buffet style help yourself. Mostly hot food (why do mushrooms always go cold!) the toaster didn't really work though - could do with replacing!

We didn't say anything when we checked out (we were so tired from our course on the Friday and we had another day on the Saturday!)

Overall, we slept OK, food was fantastic (our buffet lunch was also superb on both days) the pool area could do with some TLC and the rooms could really do with updating - when you look at the bar/lobby area and then at the rooms it's like there in different hotels!

Would I stay again......if we had a course here again probably but only for the ease of it! And I wouldn't pay the extra for the executive room!

Room Tip: We were in room 521 - dirty mould around windows! Looks out on trees, with window open can here the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Travelhopper123

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback following your recent stay here at the hotel. I was disappointed to read that some aspects of the stay were not to the usual high standards that we pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham; I have fully investigated the Housekeeping problems you encountered with my Head Housekeeper who was also disappointed that we didn’t get it right on this occasion and has addressed the issues with a matter of urgency and he would also like to share in my apologies.

We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes

We pride ourselves here at Cobham on our customer service and I am delighted with your kind comments regarding my team which I have shared with them.

I am delighted that you would stay with us again and would love to have the opportunity to meet you personally during your next stay.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experiences here at Cobham

Reviewed 13 January 2014

stayed just for the one night as usual with Hilton we get a smoking room which is a big bonus when you are married to a fag ash lil
the room was very good clean/super large king size bed/great tv with thankfully sky sports 1 and 2 available lovely large bathroom everything working fine
just the one niggle no ordinary coffee and no white sugar in the tea /coffee draw /although supplied within minutes of the phone call to reception
leisure facilities adequate small pool but nice Jacuzzi sauna and steam good gym equipment for the more active guest
niggle no2 towels have seen better days and need some new fresh ones mine was soaked and when I asked for another one was told they were short and one towel per user was the rule and they were short ok acceptable answer but not ideal for a Hilton standard
really nice receptionist (bonnie) who gave us the sort of send off which would make you want to return breakfast also very nice with good personal service lovely terrace facing east outside ideal for a summer morning
overall good all round hotel nice country setting but close enough to good towns in the area very impressive split level bar area instant internet access available
not trying to be a clever clogs but just a few little boxes to tick and this hotel would be perfect
straw bear

Room Tip: use a sat nav to find as signage from the road is not good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Strawbear
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay.
Your feedback is very constructive and I took great pleasure in sharing your kind comments with my team.
I am sorry for the couple of issues you experienced. With regards to the towels in our Health Club, the Livingwell policy is to provide each guest and member with one towel, whilst additional towels are available at a small cost at the club, the Hotel Reception has a supply of towels which we are happy to provide to our guests complimentary.
Please accept my apologies on behalf of Housekeeping that the amenities tray was missing some items, I am glad this was sorted immediately for you and again my apologies.
I am delighted that overall you had an enjoyable stay and that the couple of issues you experienced did not spoil your time with us.
We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had a nice stay in Hilton Cobham Hotel last week. It was quite pleasant. My room was quite big, bathroom quite small but nice and clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the most the breakfast. It was really great. The Hotel offers a great range of products starting from nice bakery products, through fresh fruits, yoghurt and finishing with a continental breakfast. It is a buffet so you can just help yourself. Although if anyone fancy something different - staff is happy and ready to prepare something outside the menu. A word of appreciation to a Restaurant Supervisor Prem for a perfect attention to all details and and keeping everything running smoothly. Moreover, you in a hotel you have a gym and small swimming pool with jacuzzi and sauna.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted you had an enjoyable time and had the opportunity to take advantage of all our facilities
Your kind comments regarding Prem and the rest of the team have been shared with them and we all hope it won’t be long before we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon.
May I take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy New Year.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We went as a family and well received at reception. We got upgraded at no cost to us in a King suite. The only downside is because it was a bank holiday, the poor had closed, although it is open till 10pm on weekdays. Thought the expereince was elaxing and value for money. We will certainly go for the inclusive package again and will visit the Coham, Surrey Hilton when we are next in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay here at the Hilton Cobham.
I am delighted that you started of 2014 staying with us and I have shared your kind feedback with the team.
Whilst the pool closed earlier on New Years Day I do hope you took advantage of the facilities on the 2nd January.
Thank you again for your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your Family back to the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I booked four rooms for an overnight stay for members of my family on Saturday 4th Jan as we were celebrating a 50th birthday on the Sunday in Cobham. We had stayed here once before December 2012 ,as it was a weekend we were able to take advantage of a 40% discount on the rooms. Overall the rooms were spacious and clean, what one would expect for a hotel of this standard. The food in the Mediterranean Grill restaurant that I had pre-booked was excellent, however we had a slight issue with one of the dishes as one of the diners has a nut allergy, this was mentioned when I pre-booked and also to the waitress, however this was remedied by the duty manager when we queried this. The breakfast was also very good, The overall experience was very pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Mark S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay and I am delighted that overall you had a relaxing and pleasant experience.
It is always great for us to welcome guests back for a second time.
I must apologise for the issue with nut allergy and I understand that my PA has already been in touch with you and addressed your feedback in the hotel.
I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for a third time and would love to have the opportunity of meeting you personally during your next stay.
Happy New Year and warmest regards
Dean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Cobham
Woodlands Park Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!