“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Cobham

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wokiing, Surrey
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We used to stay at this hotel as a treat a few times a year. The rooms used to be lovely, the staff used to be excellent and the beds used to be extremely big. Sadly, everything appears to have deteriorated. We booked a King Hilton Suite and a King Hilton Guestroom. We payed more for the Suite as it was supposed to come with some extras - which it didn't and the bed was actually smaller than the one in the cheaper Guestroom. We also had problems with the Guestroom as well. The lad at reception wasn't particularly helpful and there's a few other things that showed the Hilton in a bad light. It's a shame that the standard of service and rooms has detiorated and we can honestly say that at half the price and much better quality and service - a Premier Inn is much better.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank GingerBeer13
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear GingerBeer13

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for your dissappointment with your stay.
I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable however I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I do hope that this disappointing isolated stay does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Warmest regards
Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I booked a 2 night package for me and my husband to celebrate our anniversary. I called the hotel to check if they offered anything complimentary for our special occasion and was abruptly told by the supervisor NO! I was dreading was to expect from these kind of staff. However my husband and I felt very welcomed by the receptionist staff. We had a room upgrade with petals and a card on our bed! This started to change our minds about this hotel. Throughout our stay we were greeted by polite welcoming staff, the food was great- a bit on the steep side though. We enjoyed the massage, steam room, jacuzzi & swimming pool. I was disappointed with the size and condition of the changing room. Overall we had a good stay. Would we return or recommend? I don't know as I still feel there's more this hotel could have done for us being such a special occasion and this is based on my experience at our hilton hotels.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tamara b
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Have just stayed at the Hilton Cobham and was very impressed by it. Arrived at around 5pm and was greeted at reception and booked in with ease. Room very large and bed even bigger, we had booked a King Hilton Room and was very impressed. Had dinner included , Restaurant lovely setting but not very busy. Only complaint here was we were given 2 menus 1 for the inclusive meal and the regular menu but was not informed if we could order from the latter. Enjoyed the meal we had and had a good nights sleep. Breakfast in the morning was buffet which suited us and it had a good selection. Setting of hotel very nice pity it rained while there so was unable to explore outside Would use again if visiting the area

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear MICK50125
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have shared your great feedback with the team.
I am sorry for any confusion over Dinner and I will ensure this is clearly explained in the future.
We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and hopefully next time the sun will be shining.
Warmest regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our break wasn't snag free, but the issues we had didn't detract from our excellent experience during our stay. The Swimming Pool and Heated Whirlpool was brilliant and the friendliness of staff was first class! Parking and location was ideal for a city visit break!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Paul S

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us here at Cobham. I know my PA has written to you and we are addressing the issues you raised.
The Livingwell Team are thrilled with your feedback and I do hope it wont be long until we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Cobham
Warm regards
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

On arriving at the Hilton I was amazed at how scruffy it looked. First impressions were not good. When checking in though, the lady at reception was very friendly and helpful.

I checked the pool after dumping bags in the room to find how TINY it was! The photos were very clever and misleading. I still thought it would be good to have a relaxing dip in the pool the next day (the only full day we were there)
When I checked the pool the next day it was closed! I asked why and they said for health and safety. Given I had driven over 100 miles to specifically stay at this hotel I was annoyed that the staff didnt seem to think there was anything wrong as "all the other facilities were still available for use". The other facilities consisted of a jacuzzi/steam room and small gym. Without the pool available none of the other facilities were appealing.

I was told to maybe check later that day but when I did, I was told it would be available next day. I was checking out the next morning so this was no good to me. Again, blank expressions from the staff as if to say "what is the problem?""

When I complained to the duty manager, Bonnie, she politely informed me that as the pool issue was out of their control we would not be entitled to any refund/compensation. She did say she would send a complimentary drink to my room. Did I receive that? NO!

All in all, a very poor, shabby hotel that has seen better days and even the facilities are not up to scratch. I cannot believe it is a Hilton! I travel for work and regularly stay in hotels around Surrey, but this is one of the worst I have stayed in. I certainly wont be recommending any of my work colleages to stay here.

A travelodge would have been better in my opinion. I wont talk about my other issues here so as not to look like I am moaning.

It was Valentines weekend and now I know why this was the only hotel that was not fully booked up in advance! It was NOT cheap either.

4 Thank RickyShome
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear RickyShome...
Thank you for posting such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies that you have left the hotel feeling disappointed.
I am extremely sorry that you were unable to use the pool during your stay, the swimming pool was closed on Friday for 24hrs due to an unforeseen problem which meant that we could guarantee the safety of our guests. I can assure you this was an isolated incident and whilst I fully understand your disappointment we would not expose you or any of our guests to a swimming pool that wasn’t safe to be in.
Thank you for your positive comments regarding my team and whilst I understand that due to this unfortunate stay we may not be your first choice of hotel in the Surrey area I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Warm Regards,
Dean

Travellers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We went for a last minute getaway for valentines day. I found the hotel to be a decent standard but the rooms were quite basic, I don't think Hilton is living up to its high class reputation anymore. Beds were comfy, shower was terrible - no pressure, and we could hear everything in the room next door so don't expect a quiet night!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Elly M
Dear Elly M

Thank you for posting a short review following your stay with us over Valentines.
I am sorry that we did not fully meet you expectations during your stay. I understand that Deborah my PA has written to you and I know that herself and the Maintenance Manager are addressing the issues you raised at the Hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Cobham.
Warm regards
Purley, Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by friendly staff and a sign that said the pool was closed! We had a treatment which was lovely but would have liked to continue our experience with a swim and use of the spa. We didn't bother with the spa and retired to the lounge area where I was shocked that a large glass of white wine was £9.30 -this is not London! On booking we knew the restaurant was privately booked but was ok with that. We were put in a room with other diners which was ok. The food was mediocre. We didn't bother staying for breakfast. Our room was pleasant, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Maud S
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Maud S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following you stay with us this weekend. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your spa treatments and I will ensure that Amy and her team receive your positive feedback. I am sorry that you weren’t able to use the swimming pool on Friday, unfortunately the pool had become very cloudy and as you can imagine it would not have been in anyones best interests to allow guests to swim in the pool and compromise their safety.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your food and beverage experience and although a mixed review I do hope that you return to us again so that you have the opportunity to experience our restaurant the Mediterranean Grill which is a fantastic offering. Great to see that your room was clean and comfortable and I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel when you are next in the Surrey area.

Warm Regards
Dean Rigby – Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!