“Horrible experience”

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Rude stuff at the reception. Wake-up call never arrived (happend twice, to me and a collegue of mine). Hotel in the middle of nowhere - would be happu to use pool and spa facilties if only the rude reception guy (with a beard) have mention there is one. Late room service - horrible sandwich and extra 5£ charge. And 15£ per day for internet access in 21 st century in UK?!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear InlovewithArgentina

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. I must apologise that one of my team has left you feeling far from valued with the service they delivered; I will address this as a matter of urgency. I understand that my PA has already been in touch with you regarding your stay and we have addressed your feedback in the hotel. Whilst I understand that due to this unfortunate stay we may not be your first choice of hotel in the Surrey area I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Cobham

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Four groups of us stayed here for my husbands 50th birthday for two nights. We had a corner suite which was lovely. The bathroom was very big with a bath and a shower cubicle. It also had a terrace with a table and chairs. When we checked in there was a birthday card on the bed, with petals and some swan towels! The beds were very comfortable.
The food was excellent as was the breakfast. The staff were very attentive.
The pool was small but very nice and the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were good. We had a facial and back massage and they were lovely.
All in all a very pleasant couple of days.

Room Tip: If there are more than two of you the corner suite is great
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Juliapalmer7
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us here at Cobham.
I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your Husbands Birthday Celebrations and that you were able to enjoy the luxury of one of our corner suites.
The Head Chef was thrilled with your feedback regarding the food which has been shared with his team and I am delighted that you found the staff attentive.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon for another relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Not to bad at all.Breakfast was ok, service ok. I thought was a better hotel.The room was a bit tired. I been before and still have the same issues.Nice hotel just for companies and getaways because its close to london

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Gustav M
Thank you for taking the time to post a short review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that you have left the hotel with mixed emotions and really appreciate the feedback you have given which will help us to improve the Hilton Cobham experience for our future guests.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here a month or so ago.
The service was quick and helpful through out my 2 night stay.
Rooms were clean and tidy.
The pool was a nice addition as I had not realised they had one when I booked.
Food was tasty and served well. The buffet breakfast was a great standard with lots of different foods to try.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Anthony E
Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team.
We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham again soon and hope I get the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We used to stay at this hotel as a treat a few times a year. The rooms used to be lovely, the staff used to be excellent and the beds used to be extremely big. Sadly, everything appears to have deteriorated. We booked a King Hilton Suite and a King Hilton Guestroom. We payed more for the Suite as it was supposed to come with some extras - which it didn't and the bed was actually smaller than the one in the cheaper Guestroom. We also had problems with the Guestroom as well. The lad at reception wasn't particularly helpful and there's a few other things that showed the Hilton in a bad light. It's a shame that the standard of service and rooms has detiorated and we can honestly say that at half the price and much better quality and service - a Premier Inn is much better.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank GingerBeer13

Dear GingerBeer13

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for your dissappointment with your stay.
I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable however I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I do hope that this disappointing isolated stay does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I booked a 2 night package for me and my husband to celebrate our anniversary. I called the hotel to check if they offered anything complimentary for our special occasion and was abruptly told by the supervisor NO! I was dreading was to expect from these kind of staff. However my husband and I felt very welcomed by the receptionist staff. We had a room upgrade with petals and a card on our bed! This started to change our minds about this hotel. Throughout our stay we were greeted by polite welcoming staff, the food was great- a bit on the steep side though. We enjoyed the massage, steam room, jacuzzi & swimming pool. I was disappointed with the size and condition of the changing room. Overall we had a good stay. Would we return or recommend? I don't know as I still feel there's more this hotel could have done for us being such a special occasion and this is based on my experience at our hilton hotels.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tamara b
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Have just stayed at the Hilton Cobham and was very impressed by it. Arrived at around 5pm and was greeted at reception and booked in with ease. Room very large and bed even bigger, we had booked a King Hilton Room and was very impressed. Had dinner included , Restaurant lovely setting but not very busy. Only complaint here was we were given 2 menus 1 for the inclusive meal and the regular menu but was not informed if we could order from the latter. Enjoyed the meal we had and had a good nights sleep. Breakfast in the morning was buffet which suited us and it had a good selection. Setting of hotel very nice pity it rained while there so was unable to explore outside Would use again if visiting the area

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear MICK50125
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have shared your great feedback with the team.
I am sorry for any confusion over Dinner and I will ensure this is clearly explained in the future.
We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and hopefully next time the sun will be shining.
Warmest regards
Dean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobham
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!