“Good value weekend package”
Review of Hilton Cobham

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Good value weekend package”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on a weekend break. Booked that morning via lastminute.com at a great DBB rate. Were made welcome on arrival, had our Hilton number added to our booking, and were told about the restaurant, bar and leisure club facilities. Room was clean and very standard. Good selection of toiletries, and movies available for £5 via the TV. Coffee facilities but no minibar, just two bottles of (tepid) expensive water. Nice bar area although drinks, including coffees, pretty expensive. We didn't use the pool or gym but both looked good. Had a very good 3 course meal, with bottle of house wine, in the Mediterranean restaurant as part of our room rate. Food was excellent quality and would have been £25 per head for the 3 courses had we had to pay separately. Restaurant was relatively busy and had good buzz; not the usual dull hotel dining room. Food was of high quality and we would have happily paid these prices for it elsewhere; it was not the usual hotel rip off menu. We had ordered a morning paper but it did not arrive. On calling reception I was told a member of staff would pop to the local Sainsbury's to buy it for us as it had not been delivered. He brought it to our room within 15 minutes - great service and we were not charged. Breakfast was also good, restaurant not too overcrowded and buffet had everything we could want. Coffee was served at the table. Check out was not as good as check in. Receptionist tried to take payment before showing us our bill. Room had been charged to account even though we had already pre-paid. This was a poor last impression, given that the stay had been very enjoyable, but quickly fixed. Would be happy to recommend the hotel to anyone looking for somewhere decent in the area. Look out for good last minute deals, ours was fantastic.

Room Tip: Don't bother upgrading to a balcony or garden room - they look out over the car park!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Hotel Anorak
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted that you were able to take advantage on one of our last minute deals and that overall you had a very enjoyable stay. I have shared your great feedback with my team and I do hope it won’t be long until we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham again.
Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Please, please do not under any circumstances book a pamper package for the escape spa. This is NOT a spa, just two bedrooms that have been gutted and filled with a couple of treatment stations. Unlike other spas worthy of the name, there are no changing rooms, no showers and nowhere to relax in between treatments. You can use the hotel pool (small and busy) but there are only two loungers by the pool, so you will have to spend all your time in the water, and then walk through the hotel to the "spa". How this outfit hasn't been sued under the trades descriptions act is a miracle! The owners should be ashamed and the Hilton, who kept telling us they have nothing to do with the "spa" as it is run by a third party, need to evict them from the premises.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rileywife
Dear Rileywife
Please accept my sincere apologies that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. I am disappointed that you have left the hotel feeling this way and have felt it necessary to post a negative review of your time with us and our franchise partner the Escape Spa. Whilst we are not a Spa Hotel we do offer leisure breaks that include beauty treatments and receive a lot of very positive feedback regarding this, and I am just sorry to read of your disappointment with your experience.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further and hopefully change your perception of my hotel. I would kindly ask that you contact me personally at dean.rigby@hilton.com
Warm Regards,
Dean

Travellers are raving about these Cobham hotels

UK
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Since my previous stay here there have been some improvements but also some things have gone downhill.

Staff seemed much better trained on my latest stay and I had a problem-free check in for the first time. Also staff throughout the hotel were pleasant and proactively acknowledging and engaging with guests.

The rooms remain dated and quite worn, certainly needing a refurbishment. Cleanliness was not great this time unfortunately. There were quite a few stray hairs in the bathroom and the corner of the duvet looked stained when it poked out of the cover.

The view from my room was overlooking the flat roof which was quite messy with wiring strewn about and a discarded cloche too! Given the quality of the rooms I felt that the cost was poor value.

The food and breakfast was fine, service was very good.

Overall some areas are better and some are worse than the last time I was here. I would still not recommend this hotel nor would it be my preferred choice in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank johnny_c-l
Dear Johnny

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service and I was delighted with your kind comments regarding the helpfulness of the staff however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the Housekeeping issues in your bedroom which have now been addressed.
I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable however I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and continued loyalty to the Hilton Cobham and I do hope we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the Hotel.
Warm Regards

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Another review of a hilton that is disappointing. Nothing really wrong with the hotel just management issues. A one night stay for a wedding (the wedding occurred elsewhere). Price was good (although the rate was carefully hidden to avoid people finding it). Room was fine and in the most part everything was fine. Our room was a "garden room" and I would strongly recommend NOT staying there. Go for a high up room. Lots of noise from the function going on almost next door and then constant banging of the outside door plus cleaning staff yelling at each other down the corridor.

Bar - service poor frankly. Got back from the wedding to find the bar pretty full of people enjoying a drink. It wasnt noisey, it wasnt overly lively. The bar promptly announces it was closing. There were still people there - why close?

Breakfast - i had almost finished before someone offered me tea.

All in all this could be so much better if they just tried...

Room Tip: Absolutely NOT a garden room, insist on quiet area, go for high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ian T
Dear Ian T

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me and I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham. I must apologise that the Food and Beverage team have left you feeling far from valued with the service they delivered, I will address this as a matter of urgency. I am sorry that you have left the hotel with mixed emotions and really appreciate the feedback you have given which will help us to improve the Hilton Cobham experience for our future guests.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham in the near future and would love the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.
Warmest regards
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for one night at hilton cobham with my boyfriend. We had the dinner, bed and breakfast deal. Dinner was great, fantastic choice and able to choose from three course set menu or from a la carte menu. Drinks however were pricey. Had a king size room which was lovely, smelt a little musty but very clean and very comfy bed. Great shower and bathroom too.
Breakfast was amazing! One of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had. Service very good too. Hotel was let down by the leisure centre. Pool was tiny and sectioned in half for children to have swimming lessons which left almost no space to swim. The jacuzzi was out of action. The changing rooms are ridiculously small for a hotel of that size. They were full of babies and mums changing so there was no room at all. Only two or three showers with flimsy shower curtains. Overall a great hotel but do not go there for the spa facilities!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Hannah
Thank you for taking the time to write post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team.
Thank you for your great compliment with regards to Breakfast which I know my Breakfast team our thrilled about.
I am sorry for your disappointment with our leisure facilities; whilst the Jacuzzi is now fixed I am sorry it was not in working order during your stay. Our Livingwell Manager will be reviewing your feedback with his team and looking at ways to improve the situation for our guests during the swimming lesson and again my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you once again for your very constructive feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A two-night stay and very agreeable. Rooms are perfectly acceptable. Pillows could do with more substance however. Dined in the Mediterrean Restaurant and buffet breakfast and also dinner as we were on a tour which was fine. Bar prices a touch steep but hey, its a Hilton Hotel near London so what do you expect? A great location tucked away in the trees. Staff very attentive and the overall impression was a quality hotel that does exactly "what it says on the tin".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Roy D

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind comments with all of my team

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon and you will have the opportunity to explore more of our wonderful countryside in the summer sunshine.

Thank you again for your very useful feedback.

Dean.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend on the way to see Family over the Christmas break and wish I hadn't Thought it would be nice way of breaking up the journey. Room stank of smoke even thou non smoking tried to call reception 3 times about this but no answer. Went down to the spa with dressing gowns found in room however these clearly weren't fresh dressing gowns as other peoples rubbish was still in the pocket.... Standards of cleaning appeared very low throughout the room. Wont be returning to this hotel would prefer to drive the little extra to Heathrow and stay there even as a Hilton Honours Diamond member

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris T
Dear Chris T

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay over the Christmas break and for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Brand and our Hilton Honors program.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to me and my team and I am extremely sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the poor housekeeping standards in your room. I have discussed your experience with my Housekeeping manager who is also very disappointed that we clearly got it wrong on this occasion.

I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable and I would like to apologise for your disappointment, however I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel as you will notice a number of significant changes since Christmas and I would be delighted to meet you personally next time you stay.
Warm Regards,
Dean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!