“Hilton Cobham”

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A very pleasant hotel in a quiet place with friendly and helpful personnel Reasonable distance from Heathrow airport, if free time allows it Brooklands Museum round the corner is definitely worth to be visited, Weybridge train station allows quick access (some 40 mins) to the centre of London

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Stepanj2014

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us here at Cobham.

I am delighted that you found the location convenient and you had the time to experience some of the areas history.

I hope it wont be too long before we will be welcoming you back and would love to have the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

After a late arrival at this hotel i found blonde hairs on the bathroom floor. The next morning we tried to ring down to ask for the room service breakfast. The telephone did not work as it wasnt plugged into the socket (something housekeeping should have checked). Breakfast in room did not arrive within time slots (we gave them 2 time slots 7-8am) and they still didnt deliver. Not what i would expect from a HILTON

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ArBeEmCiCoMu
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Herbert K

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me and I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham.
I must apologise that the Food and Beverage team have left you feeling far from valued with the service they delivered; I will address this as a matter of urgency.
Thank you for your feedback regarding housekeeping which my Head Housekeeper will highlight with his team and please again accept our apologies.
I am sorry that you have left the hotel with mixed emotions and really appreciate the feedback you have given which will help us to improve the Hilton Cobham experience for our future guests.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham in the near future and would love the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our second visit recently to a Hilton Hotel and Cobham was extremely impressive. We would definitely visit here again. The spa facilities were good and the food in the restaurant was excellent. The staff throughout the hotel were really really helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Helen C

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind comments with all of my team and our franchise partner the escape spa. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Brand and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was my first time ever checking into such an expensive hotel, my employer paid for it. I was hoping for an enjoyable experience, but all I got was disappointment. The bed and breakfast in my home town is much better on service, and the gentleman at the living well was very rude to me and my colleagues, and when we protested his attitude his answers were externally showy and arrogant he seemed to look down on us, perhaps because he knew we were with the company, and not the rich people he usually gets.
I am happy it was not my money spent there, but the company's.

Room Tip: Second floor bedroom were ok
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Amanda S,
Thank you for posting your short review following you recent stay with us. I am sorry that you have left the hotel feeling disappointed and have felt it necessary to post a negative review of your experience. I will discuss your feedback with my Livingwell team as I would not want anyone else to feel the same way you do. I can assure you that the team do not treat guests differently based on their purpose of stay. I do hope that other aspects of your stay were more enjoyable and whilst I understand we may not be your first choice of hotel in the future, I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Hilton Cobham and that you leave us with a more positive impression. Warm Regards – Dean Rigby Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

More Butlins than Hilton...

Were to start, the pool one of the advertised features was being used by local casual users, adults and their children, so hotel customers were restricted. A number of these users, two ladies wrapped in towels, then had a drink in the lounge bar... very classy...

The restaurant's signature dish... the pork belly was under cooked... to the stage of being uneatable...returned to the chef... the second attempt was no better but covered in gravy. The price of the meals were... just amazingly unacceptable... the is no doubt these guys are trading on the Hilton brand...

The housekeeping don't use wedges to keep doors open when servicing the rooms...but use the latch to keep the door ajar.. so every time they go in or out the door thuds... times but half a dozen rooms and the reoccurring thuds are very two star...

The only saving grace was Molly at reception and Julian the night manager...

In summary the value for money for us... was unacceptable... we left...

1  Thank A B
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear AB
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.
Thank you for your feedback regarding housekeeping which my Head Housekeeper will highlight with his team and please accept our apologies for any disturbance caused.With regards to dinner, our food is an area we pride ourselves on here at the Hotel therefore our Head Chef was very concerned to read your feedback regarding the pork belly which is one of our most popular dishes and he would like to share in my apologise for your disappointment
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding Molly and Julian, I will ensure that this feedback is passed onto their line managers.
Whilst I understand that due to your experiences during this stay we may not be your first choice of hotel in the Surrey area I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good location for business ,checking in and checking out was very efficient ,break fast was great with good hot breakfast selection was offered veg option which was good. would visit again . room was clean and fresh.great shower

1  Thank Bhadresh P

Dear Bhadresh
Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team.
We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham again soon and hope I get the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on a weekend break. Booked that morning via lastminute.com at a great DBB rate. Were made welcome on arrival, had our Hilton number added to our booking, and were told about the restaurant, bar and leisure club facilities. Room was clean and very standard. Good selection of toiletries, and movies available for £5 via the TV. Coffee facilities but no minibar, just two bottles of (tepid) expensive water. Nice bar area although drinks, including coffees, pretty expensive. We didn't use the pool or gym but both looked good. Had a very good 3 course meal, with bottle of house wine, in the Mediterranean restaurant as part of our room rate. Food was excellent quality and would have been £25 per head for the 3 courses had we had to pay separately. Restaurant was relatively busy and had good buzz; not the usual dull hotel dining room. Food was of high quality and we would have happily paid these prices for it elsewhere; it was not the usual hotel rip off menu. We had ordered a morning paper but it did not arrive. On calling reception I was told a member of staff would pop to the local Sainsbury's to buy it for us as it had not been delivered. He brought it to our room within 15 minutes - great service and we were not charged. Breakfast was also good, restaurant not too overcrowded and buffet had everything we could want. Coffee was served at the table. Check out was not as good as check in. Receptionist tried to take payment before showing us our bill. Room had been charged to account even though we had already pre-paid. This was a poor last impression, given that the stay had been very enjoyable, but quickly fixed. Would be happy to recommend the hotel to anyone looking for somewhere decent in the area. Look out for good last minute deals, ours was fantastic.

Room Tip: Don't bother upgrading to a balcony or garden room - they look out over the car park!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Hotel Anorak
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted that you were able to take advantage on one of our last minute deals and that overall you had a very enjoyable stay. I have shared your great feedback with my team and I do hope it won’t be long until we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham again.
Dean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobham
Days Inn Cobham M25
Days Inn Cobham M25
#1 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!