“OK... but”

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Starting with the positives, the staff were friendly and helpful at check in, and the rooms were of a decent size. One thing that bemused me though, was having asked for an interconnecting room (travelling with children), why the staff felt the need to block one of the doors with a heavy chair that took two people to move. A minor but noticeable irritant I could have done without. It was also deeply unpleasant having to walk my children past the smokers hanging around the door where we entered the block of rooms where our room was. The food at the bar was good, but the white wine was not cold. Another minus that is easy enough to remedy one would have thought. The rooms were adequate - nothing special and reasonably clean. Breakfast the next morning was somewhat dismal however, with gelatinous like porridge, and even my sausage mad boy turning his nose up at the sausages on offer. The floor in the breakfast area was tacky to walk on - it felt like it had not seem a mop for some time. Nor had the windows seen a duster. The swimming pool kept my boys happy, but I noticed the leaking ceiling on my way in (it was hard not to as I was getting dripped on as I signed my child in). All in all, while the proximity to the motorway made it a convenient place to stop, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Deborah B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service and I was delighted with your kind comments regarding the helpfulness of the staff however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the initial problem with your interconnecting room.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your food and beverage experience which as been shared with my team who will be addressing this as a matter of urgency and would like to share in my apologies.
I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable however I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the Hotel.
Warm Regards

Dean

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After reading some reviews I was a little apprehensive about the hotel. We were meeting friends and stayed on a one night package including a two course dinner. We were quickly checked in, and our room was well equipped with reading lights, this may sound strange but many hotel rooms are very dark...... There was an area for hairdrying and make-up, again many hotels have no facilities apart from within the bathroom which Is not ideal. There were tea/coffee facilities, large comfortable bed, and good towels. The service was excellent, all the staff were extremely attentive and helpful.

We enjoyed the food, both dinner and breakfast, but had no time to use the spa facilities unfortunately.

I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Suffolk Lady 5

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay and I have shared your great feedback with the team

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and hope you have the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful Spa facilities during your next stay.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is good and it's a nice, quiet place to stay if you're in the area.

Positives-

-Staff helpful and friendly.
-Rooms are clean, facilities are good.
-Food is good and breakfast buffet is high in quality.
-Bar area is nice, and if the weather allows you can have a drink outside.
-Parking is free on site.
-Swimming pool is available and is well maintained.

Negatives-

-Décor is getting old and could do with some updating.
-Prices tend to be quite high. I know it's in London but food and drink prices still seem quite high to me.
-My pet peeve is warm milk at breakfast. I got warm milk at breakfast! Well, I guess warm is harsh but it definitely wasn't cold.

Nice hotel though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mattyboy777

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.

I am delighted to see that you had a great stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding my team and the facilities we have to offer , I will be sure to pass on your comments at my team briefings.

Thank you for your feedback regarding drinks prices, we are part of a central Hilton pricing programme however I will be sure pass your feedback up the line.

We are in the process of updating a number of areas in and around the Hotel so I know during your next visit you will notice a number of changes.

I must apologise for the milk at breakfast which I have addressed with the restuarant team.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Having had a issue with our booking through booking.com, the stay did not start off great. The hotel was very accommodating with the situation and found us a room but this took an hour to sort out. Luckily we didnt have anywhere to be fast.

After getting a room we were slightly surprised by the quality of finish. For a 4 star hotel it lacked the finish I would have expected. Things seemed a bit old.

There were some issues with the cleaning.. the tea tray was dirty, the kettle needs replacing (obvious it been there a while with limescale) and it could have done with a hoover.

The towels, although clean and fresh, were not very good quality. Very worn.

We asked for a taxi to be booked for later in the evening and it wasn't.

Small things like tea and coffee facilities and toiletries just were not at the 4 star level. Very basic.

Friends were staying in another room and through they had breakfast included were not told until after they had started breakfast that it was not included.

The reception supervisor was very good and apologetic about the situation with our booking but the rest of the front of house staff seems to not know what they doing.

If I went back to the area, next time I'd choose another hotel

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJM1988

Dear SJM 1988

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the initial issue with your bedroom, I am glad it was sorted for you though I am sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you.
Thank you for your feedback regarding housekeeping which my Head Housekeeper will highlight
with his team.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Reception Supervisor which I will make sure is passed on to their line manager. I am just sorry that customer service you experienced from the rest of the Front Office team left you feeling far from satisfied and I will address this as a matter of urgency.
Whilst I understand that due to your experiences during this stay we may not be your first choice of hotel in the Surrey area I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stay here for one night with husband and two children staff nice and friendly food was very nice my husband didn't like what he ordered and was changed straight away without any hassle stay in a suite very big two Telly's just what u need for children will be booking again

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear 186299Sam

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

It is great to read that you and your family had a good time and enjoyed the luxury of one of our suites.

I am pleased that your husbands initial disappointment with dinner was rectified immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is lovely
Quite expensive and small portions.
The waitress served our two tables separate, they took ages to serve us and to bring our food out..the waitress didn't even come over to say anything, I had to ask all the time, the bloke cleared our table when one of our clients was still eating, how rude
I did moan, and they were miserable
Rooms r lovely
Where were the biscuits and no glasses in the bathroom
The chap on the desk helped us get here he was on the phone to me for the last 15 mins, he was great...

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Esther4982

Dear Esther4982
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me I am delighted that you found the Hotel lovely though I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham. I must apologise that the Food and Beverage team have left you feeling far from valued with the service they delivered and for your disappointing Dining experience. I will address this as a matter of urgency.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the rooms which I will share with my Housekeeping team and for the great feedback regarding the front desk team member.
I am sorry that you have left the hotel with mixed emotions and really appreciate the feedback you have given which will help us to improve the Hilton Cobham experience for our future guests.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham in the near future and would love the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 22 May 2014

A very pleasant hotel in a quiet place with friendly and helpful personnel Reasonable distance from Heathrow airport, if free time allows it Brooklands Museum round the corner is definitely worth to be visited, Weybridge train station allows quick access (some 40 mins) to the centre of London

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Stepanj2014

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us here at Cobham.

I am delighted that you found the location convenient and you had the time to experience some of the areas history.

I hope it wont be too long before we will be welcoming you back and would love to have the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.

Dean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
2 mi away
#2 of 4 in Cobham
Days Inn Cobham M25
Days Inn Cobham M25
#1 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!