“Hilton Cobham”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Perth
“Hilton Cobham”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed one night as solo traveller
Location close to Heathrow
Hotel has a nice lounge Bar area
Room was upgraded but still ver average for a Hilton and as far away from the main area of the hotel as it could have been
The Wi Fi was terrible and dropped out every minute or so

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick P
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Rick P

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
Please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered with the Internet.we are working hard to improve our WiFi service with our provider BT Openzone to improve both the signal and coverage in the hotel.
We also do offer complimentary WiFi in our public areas and our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond levels receive complimentary WiFI throughout their stay as an additional thank you for their continued loyalty to Hilton.
I do hope I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and to speak with you about the improvements you will see at Cobham.

Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arranged to stay at the Hilton Cobham for a friend's wedding in the area along with several other people. On arrival at the hotel we, and our friends, were told that the hotel no longer had the rooms we had booked (double, no-smoking) and were told that they only had twin rooms or smoking rooms. As a lifetime non-smoker I was not too happy about the prospect of staying in a smoking room but agreed to give them the benefit of the doubt and look at it but the smell was overwhelming when he opened the door, I didn't even need to step in. In today's age when smoking is banned inside public places it was rather surprising to have a 4 star hotel expect two non-smokers to stay in a smoking room. At the same time several other people were in the reception area complaining about other issues when we arrived including having to wait several hours for a room, no towels in the room, awful beds etc. The chap on the front desk seemed to think we should just accept that they didn't have our rooms and take a twin or smoking room which to me was unacceptable, especially considering the amount we were paying and the fact it is supposed to be a 4 star hotel. I booked a non-smoking double room and expected to get it! After battling with the chap on the front desk for some time he eventually found us a double room. However, we were then left with less than 20 minutes to get ready for the wedding which was not ideal. There were no bath towels in the room either but the maid kindly assured us she would deliver some later (after we had gone out). Our friends had to make do with a twin room but weren't offered a discount of any kind just two free selected drinks. The beds were uncomfortable and creaked every time we moved, and our room was situated right by the door into the corridor so we had to put up with people banging the door all night (something that occasionally happens and can't always be avoided but in this case with everything else just added to our annoyance!). The next morning at breakfast the coffee I was given was cold and when I politely asked if it was possible to have a fresh hot coffee I was told that was the way it comes and there was nothing she could do (the coffee had obviously been made some time ago and been sat in a number of large jugs on the side). In the end I had to go back up to the room to make myself a coffee with the kettle! That is not the type of service I'd expect in a 4 star hotel. It was also very upsetting for the bride and groom because several of the guests, including the groom's mother, experienced problems at this hotel and turned up to the wedding annoyed, upset, rushed and late! I certainly won't be returning to this hotel! Avoid at all costs unless you want to be left disappointed and annoyed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fers550
Dear Fers550

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the initial problem you encountered with the allocation of your bedroom and the customer service you experienced from one of my team members has left you feeling less than satisfied.

I was very concerned to read about your experience at breakfast I have addressed this as a matter of urgency with my Food and Beverage team who would also like to share in my apologies.

I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable however I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I do hope that this disappointing isolated stay does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Dean

Travellers are raving about these Cobham hotels

St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Starting with the positives, the staff were friendly and helpful at check in, and the rooms were of a decent size. One thing that bemused me though, was having asked for an interconnecting room (travelling with children), why the staff felt the need to block one of the doors with a heavy chair that took two people to move. A minor but noticeable irritant I could have done without. It was also deeply unpleasant having to walk my children past the smokers hanging around the door where we entered the block of rooms where our room was. The food at the bar was good, but the white wine was not cold. Another minus that is easy enough to remedy one would have thought. The rooms were adequate - nothing special and reasonably clean. Breakfast the next morning was somewhat dismal however, with gelatinous like porridge, and even my sausage mad boy turning his nose up at the sausages on offer. The floor in the breakfast area was tacky to walk on - it felt like it had not seem a mop for some time. Nor had the windows seen a duster. The swimming pool kept my boys happy, but I noticed the leaking ceiling on my way in (it was hard not to as I was getting dripped on as I signed my child in). All in all, while the proximity to the motorway made it a convenient place to stop, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Deborah B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service and I was delighted with your kind comments regarding the helpfulness of the staff however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the initial problem with your interconnecting room.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your food and beverage experience which as been shared with my team who will be addressing this as a matter of urgency and would like to share in my apologies.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the Hotel.
Warm Regards

Suffolk
Reviewed 27 May 2014

After reading some reviews I was a little apprehensive about the hotel. We were meeting friends and stayed on a one night package including a two course dinner. We were quickly checked in, and our room was well equipped with reading lights, this may sound strange but many hotel rooms are very dark...... There was an area for hairdrying and make-up, again many hotels have no facilities apart from within the bathroom which Is not ideal. There were tea/coffee facilities, large comfortable bed, and good towels. The service was excellent, all the staff were extremely attentive and helpful.

We enjoyed the food, both dinner and breakfast, but had no time to use the spa facilities unfortunately.

I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Suffolk Lady 5

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay and I have shared your great feedback with the team

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and hope you have the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful Spa facilities during your next stay.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is good and it's a nice, quiet place to stay if you're in the area.

Positives-

-Staff helpful and friendly.
-Rooms are clean, facilities are good.
-Food is good and breakfast buffet is high in quality.
-Bar area is nice, and if the weather allows you can have a drink outside.
-Parking is free on site.
-Swimming pool is available and is well maintained.

Negatives-

-Décor is getting old and could do with some updating.
-Prices tend to be quite high. I know it's in London but food and drink prices still seem quite high to me.
-My pet peeve is warm milk at breakfast. I got warm milk at breakfast! Well, I guess warm is harsh but it definitely wasn't cold.

Nice hotel though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mattyboy777

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.

I am delighted to see that you had a great stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding my team and the facilities we have to offer , I will be sure to pass on your comments at my team briefings.

Thank you for your feedback regarding drinks prices, we are part of a central Hilton pricing programme however I will be sure pass your feedback up the line.

We are in the process of updating a number of areas in and around the Hotel so I know during your next visit you will notice a number of changes.

I must apologise for the milk at breakfast which I have addressed with the restuarant team.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Having had a issue with our booking through booking.com, the stay did not start off great. The hotel was very accommodating with the situation and found us a room but this took an hour to sort out. Luckily we didnt have anywhere to be fast.

After getting a room we were slightly surprised by the quality of finish. For a 4 star hotel it lacked the finish I would have expected. Things seemed a bit old.

There were some issues with the cleaning.. the tea tray was dirty, the kettle needs replacing (obvious it been there a while with limescale) and it could have done with a hoover.

The towels, although clean and fresh, were not very good quality. Very worn.

We asked for a taxi to be booked for later in the evening and it wasn't.

Small things like tea and coffee facilities and toiletries just were not at the 4 star level. Very basic.

Friends were staying in another room and through they had breakfast included were not told until after they had started breakfast that it was not included.

The reception supervisor was very good and apologetic about the situation with our booking but the rest of the front of house staff seems to not know what they doing.

If I went back to the area, next time I'd choose another hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SJM1988
Dear SJM 1988

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the initial issue with your bedroom, I am glad it was sorted for you though I am sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you.
Thank you for your feedback regarding housekeeping which my Head Housekeeper will highlight
with his team.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Reception Supervisor which I will make sure is passed on to their line manager. I am just sorry that customer service you experienced from the rest of the Front Office team left you feeling far from satisfied and I will address this as a matter of urgency.
Whilst I understand that due to your experiences during this stay we may not be your first choice of hotel in the Surrey area I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stay here for one night with husband and two children staff nice and friendly food was very nice my husband didn't like what he ordered and was changed straight away without any hassle stay in a suite very big two Telly's just what u need for children will be booking again

• Stayed May 2014
Dear 186299Sam

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

It is great to read that you and your family had a good time and enjoyed the luxury of one of our suites.

I am pleased that your husbands initial disappointment with dinner was rectified immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest regards

Dean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobham
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!