“High Hilton”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kent
“High Hilton”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at hotel when attending car event at nearby Brooklands. The only cause for concern was the height of a speed bump in the car park which many people complained about. Otherwise all was as expected, good staff, room, food etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Valve56

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind comments with all of my team.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the speed humps along our drive. These are built to the legally required height and marked appropriately.
I do hope you enjoyed the car event and we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed here before so knew it would be an ideal location again as we were visiting Chessington world of adventures and central London.
We arrived at 4pm to find the room wasn't ready yet and were asked if we could wait a short while until it was ready. While we were sat waiting we were annoyed to see others that were also waiting were offered complimentary drinks. This annoyed us a bit as at no stage were we offered anything, surely everyone should be treat the same?
The other thing that was disappointing was on the following day we went into London and didn't return until 6pm. When we arrived back we found the room hadn't been serviced. Housekeeping arrived 5 mins after we came back, we told them not to bother as we were really tired after a busy day and wanted to relax. Perhaps more staff are need at busy times?
It's a shame about these couple of things as the rest of the stay was great.
We had booked a suite as we were staying a couple of days. The room was really spacious and comfy and had everything needed for our stay.
The food in the restaurant was fantastic. We ate there on both nights and really enjoyed it. The service too was outstanding, especially Christina who was really friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her.
We would stay here again if in the area and hopefully the housekeeping issues were not a regular thing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tired out Dad

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me and I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham.
I must apologise for the Housekeeping issues you experienced and please be assured remedial action has been taken and shared with my Housekeeping team and my Head Housekeeper would like to share in my apologies. Please be assured this is not the normal standard we pride ourselves on here at Cobham.
I am delighted that this incident did not spoil an otherwise enjoyable weekend and I am pleased and you and your family found the suite to be spacious and comfortable..
I am delighted to read that you found the food quality to be good and that you received outstanding customer service. I have shared your kind comments with both my Head Chef and Christina. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Cobham and I can assure you that we will take your comments on board to further enhance our future guest’s experience.
I do hope that you enjoyed your time at Chessington and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a great time been to this hotel a few times. Nice staff rooms nice . You can also take dogs. Rooms on ground floor doors open out on to the gardens. I had nice time always when we go.food good you get a lot of work people in hotel so if you go in the week you have pool to your self. Can get a bit busy week ends as they have spa weekends.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are great as your doors open on to garden they do let you take dogs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PaulBarrs
Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team.
We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham again soon and hope I get the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.
Cobham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My recent stay has been overall OK and has served my needs. The location is not far from the motorway and from the airport so being outside of the hotel is not very attractive. Inside the bedroom the noise level is good. The cleanliness of the room was acceptable but I did personaly not like the smell (likely cleaners) that were quite dominant. I could not use many of the offered services as I stayed only one night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Joachim H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have shared your feedback with the team.

I understand my PA has been in touch with you and we have addressed the issue with regards to the odour from cleaning products.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and hope you get the opportunity to experience more of our facilities.

Warmest regards
Dean.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel in a leafy, green area. Local restaurants etc accessible by a short taxi ride. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. 24 hour room service if required. Perfect for a romantic night away. Would definately stay again

• Stayed February 2014
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Stacey828

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful surrey countryside that surrounds the Hotel. I have shared your kind comments with all of my team and we hope will not be too long before we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back for another romantic break.

Warmest regards
Perth
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed one night as solo traveller
Location close to Heathrow
Hotel has a nice lounge Bar area
Room was upgraded but still ver average for a Hilton and as far away from the main area of the hotel as it could have been
The Wi Fi was terrible and dropped out every minute or so

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick P
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Rick P

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
Please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered with the Internet.we are working hard to improve our WiFi service with our provider BT Openzone to improve both the signal and coverage in the hotel.
We also do offer complimentary WiFi in our public areas and our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond levels receive complimentary WiFI throughout their stay as an additional thank you for their continued loyalty to Hilton.
I do hope I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and to speak with you about the improvements you will see at Cobham.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arranged to stay at the Hilton Cobham for a friend's wedding in the area along with several other people. On arrival at the hotel we, and our friends, were told that the hotel no longer had the rooms we had booked (double, no-smoking) and were told that they only had twin rooms or smoking rooms. As a lifetime non-smoker I was not too happy about the prospect of staying in a smoking room but agreed to give them the benefit of the doubt and look at it but the smell was overwhelming when he opened the door, I didn't even need to step in. In today's age when smoking is banned inside public places it was rather surprising to have a 4 star hotel expect two non-smokers to stay in a smoking room. At the same time several other people were in the reception area complaining about other issues when we arrived including having to wait several hours for a room, no towels in the room, awful beds etc. The chap on the front desk seemed to think we should just accept that they didn't have our rooms and take a twin or smoking room which to me was unacceptable, especially considering the amount we were paying and the fact it is supposed to be a 4 star hotel. I booked a non-smoking double room and expected to get it! After battling with the chap on the front desk for some time he eventually found us a double room. However, we were then left with less than 20 minutes to get ready for the wedding which was not ideal. There were no bath towels in the room either but the maid kindly assured us she would deliver some later (after we had gone out). Our friends had to make do with a twin room but weren't offered a discount of any kind just two free selected drinks. The beds were uncomfortable and creaked every time we moved, and our room was situated right by the door into the corridor so we had to put up with people banging the door all night (something that occasionally happens and can't always be avoided but in this case with everything else just added to our annoyance!). The next morning at breakfast the coffee I was given was cold and when I politely asked if it was possible to have a fresh hot coffee I was told that was the way it comes and there was nothing she could do (the coffee had obviously been made some time ago and been sat in a number of large jugs on the side). In the end I had to go back up to the room to make myself a coffee with the kettle! That is not the type of service I'd expect in a 4 star hotel. It was also very upsetting for the bride and groom because several of the guests, including the groom's mother, experienced problems at this hotel and turned up to the wedding annoyed, upset, rushed and late! I certainly won't be returning to this hotel! Avoid at all costs unless you want to be left disappointed and annoyed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fers550
Dear Fers550

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the initial problem you encountered with the allocation of your bedroom and the customer service you experienced from one of my team members has left you feeling less than satisfied.

I was very concerned to read about your experience at breakfast I have addressed this as a matter of urgency with my Food and Beverage team who would also like to share in my apologies.

I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable however I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I do hope that this disappointing isolated stay does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Dean

Travellers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!