“Average”

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Prices change from day to day and depends on the duration of the stay. Avilability also varies all the time. Bathroom in standard room is small, Shower pressure is vevy low and the basin has 2 annoying Hot/Cold taps.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Dan Y
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . Thank you for your comments regarding the room rates, Hilton as a company operate a fluctuating rate structure based on demand and seasonal availability therefore the rate can vary.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the shower pressure and the taps which we are reviewing at the moment.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and would love to have the opportunity of meeting you personally during your next stay.
Dean.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,743)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Staryed here after Sandown races. Came back to watch the football England game starving! Would have been nice to get some room service of hot food or for them to have put something on as the match was going on until the early hours and it was packed in there! They would have made a fortune!
Staff very friendly, nice to have an English speaking receptionist.
Breakfast was nice, waited a while for tea, coffee and juice etc so helped ourselves.
Bathroom was tiny! Got a big bruise on my leg trying to get out of bath as door in way. Im 5'7" and slim and felt like a giant in there! Room 346.
Nice hotel though and near to Sandown races.

Thank loveaholiday!Surrey
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Loveaholiday!Surrey,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor and great comments about our staff here at Cobham. We pride ourselves on our team’s hospitality and we share all our valued guests’ feedback with our team as we look to improve both our product and our service. I am embarrassed we did not provide you with more options during the England game for late snacks. While we have both our in-room dining menu available 24hours and assorted snacks and nibbles in the bar, I appreciate these options did not fully meet your needs on the night.
I am pleased that you still had an enjoyable stay and I do hope we will see you again at Cobham in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I attended a charity ball at this hotel on Saturday. The good news is that the ball itself was great fun and a very successful fund raising evening for a major local charity. The bad news is the hotel. This place is tired, it belongs back in the 80's. In fact I stayed here the night before my wedding in 1986 and it hasn't changed much. There were two bar staff on duty who struggled to serve us. You'd think with a major event going on they'd have added some extra staff. It took us about 15 minutes to get our first drink. Then they had no change so the already over-worked girl behind the bar had to come and find us later with our change. Towards the end of the event we came out into the bar to catch the end of the disastrous England vs Italy match to be told we couldn't buy a drink at the bar unless we were residents. This place is more like Faulty Towers than a Hilton. I'm really surprised Hilton put their name to it. I certainly wouldn't consider holding a function there of any kind.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Topgeared
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the Charity Event you attended which was a great success and and I know everyone was thrilled with the monies raised.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered in the Bar and the customer service you experienced that has left you feeling less than satisfied. I have addressed this as a matter of urgency with my Food and Beverage team who would also like to share in my apologies.
I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable however I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I do hope that this disappointing isolated stay does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited the restaurant on sat 14th June .staff were very welcoming had a nice drink outside before dinner .explained to Jenny the lovely helpful waitress that we were getting married there in September and hastily bought us over a complimentary glass of prosecco which was s lovely thought .Food was amazing too shall be returning very soon thanks Jenny .

1  Thank Tina Q
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Tina Q

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review following your visit to our Restaurant on Saturday.
I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable evening and I have shared this great feedback with my team.
It was lovely to read your comments regarding Jenny, a newer member of the team.
All the very best with your forthcoming Wedding and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Hilton Cobham has excellent rooms with great amenities (good quality complementary toilettaries, well thought of furnishing). The room was very quiet too. The surroundings were very green and had adorable wild bunnies and the occasional deer. On the downside, I stayed for 12 nights and was bored by the same breakfast spread every morning by the end of my first week there. I had dinner only once in the restaurant - the Mediterranean Grill. The food was very greasy (I had the Hake with mashed potatoes and vegetables) and disappointing. On a Sunday morning I found the restaurant short-staffed and there were a crowd of people waiting to be seated for more than 15 minutes! But that was just the one time. It was also very disappointing that wi-fi in the rooms were not free for non-Hilton Honor members. In today's age and for a classy hotel like the Hilton this was a shocking shortcoming! Also, if you don't have a car, you are very dependent on taxis to take you to the nearest area with pubs and restaurants. But on the whole I enjoyed the experience. Excellent rooms, very friendly and helpful staff and green and quiet surroundings.

Dear Meha L

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I am delighted that overall you had an enjoyable stay and you were able to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and spot the wildlife.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team which I have shared with them.

I am pleased you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the furnishings and amenities in the room.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your food and beverage experience which as been shared with my team who will be addressing this as a matter of urgency and would like to share in my apologies.

Thank you again for your very constructive feedback and I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham again soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Two stays in Two different Hilton Hotels this year and both equally as bad. Staff don't appear to know what they are doing and are not very friendly. Booking was a mess, even though done in writing on line. Room was not as comfortable as expected and at our second stay there were no mushrooms or Marmalade available at breakfast! Its the simple things that mean so much! There is much more bad than good, try it for yourself then fill in there feed back, they then have a chance to get things right. I have but i'm voting with my feet...... No More Hiltons for me and my family!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David A
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear David A
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.
I understand my PA has been in touch with you and we have addressed the issues you raised. With regards to breakfast, whilst mushrooms is not one of our standard breakfast items on our breakfast buffet it is available upon request and is rotated on the buffet with other items to add variety, I am just sorry that on this particular morning it was not available for you. Marmalade should be available all the time and please accept my sincere apologies that this was missing.
I was very concerned to read that you found the staff unfriendly. Our customer service is an area we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and I will address this as a matter of urgency.
I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable and whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Looks better than the reviews online. My executive room was clean and had all necessities and mod cons. Good air conditioning and large room. Although I was disappointed there was no complimentary water, but reception sent over 2 bottles straight away and apologised. No biscuits with tea/coffee tray anymore. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was above average with good selection of hot and cold items and full English breakfast. Nice, quiet location. Evening meal tasted excellent, with a good selection, although quite expensive. Good service as restaurant was not too busy. Will definitely stay here again. Wifi is not free unless you are a Hilton Honours member. Reception staff are very helpful, polite and friendly and were happy to send anything I needed straight away.

Room Tip: Basement Executive rooms are large and quiet with sliding doors onto garden and bar area. Great on a...