“Expected better from the Hilton brand” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Ives, United Kingdom
“Expected better from the Hilton brand”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Bathroom/ room smelled damp. Iron full of scale. Ironing board broken. Sink slow to empty. Picture quality on TV was awful. The carpet used throughout the hotel looks like it was taken from the Grand Hotel Scarborough in the 50's. No mushrooms at breakfast. Check out slow. £210 for one night was a rip off!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Alan M

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I should like to apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
I am sorry that you have left the hotel feeling that your stay was not value for money although we are not a new build property we do pride ourselves on the quality of service and facilities that we provide. I understand that my PA has been in touch and is addressing the issues you have raised with the Executive team.Whilst I appreciate we will not be your preferred choice of Hotel in the future, should the situation arise that you are staying with us again then please contact myself directly as I would love the opportunity to meet you personally.
Warm Regards
Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is not bad, but a little bit dated.
The rooms are quite small and the Wi-Fi signal is almost non existent.
I am a Hilton Honors diamond member but I was given a room in the corridor to the restaurant, so 6 am start the noise with people walking in the corridor to go for breakfast and at night people coming back from dinner late night talking very loud.
The service in this hotel is not very good. The shower head in my room was broken I asked the reception to fix it, but nothing was done until I talk with the manager.
The breakfast in the hotel is ok, nothing special, and the service a bit slow.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear MMIHaria
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand and our Hilton Honors loyalty programme. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Although part of the Hilton portfolio we are a unique character property which cannot be compared to some of the more regular Hilton Hotels in the UK. We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes.
I was so disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service you received being not very good. It is very unusual for us to receive negative comments regarding this as it is an area that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and I am just so sorry this was not the case during your stay and I am sorry that you have left the Hotel feeling less than satisfied. I will be addressing the issues you raised as a matter of urgency. I really do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Cobham to give us the opportunity to demonstrate our high level of customer service and I would be delighted to meet you personally next time you stay.
Kind regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was not at all helpful with ensuring priority to rooms due to being a bridesmaid at a wedding, they also billed me for another guest members two rooms and drinks at the bar, therefore a breach of data protection due to continuing to have access to my account details when i have pre paid for the rooms two months in advance to my stay. Overall a horrific experience on a day which should have been filled with laughter and no stress.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear lj287
Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us last weekend. I am really sorry that you have left the hotel feeling disappointed and felt it necessary to post a negative review. I understand that my Front Office Manager has resolved the problems you encountered and apologised to you. Our check in time is 3pm although we are happy for guests to check in early should the rooms be available earlier and I am pleased to see that you were able to check in at 1pm on Friday. Please accept my sincere apologies for the administrative error that has lead to your card being charged for your friend’s outstanding bill, I know Fraser has explained this was due to you confirming their reservation with your credit card. I can assure you that no breach of data protection has occurred and we have all of the necessary precautions in place to protect your personal information. I hope the wedding went well and look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.
Warm Regards – Dean Rigby Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I used this hotel recently for a business meeting. The staff were friendly and helpful although service was slow and we were at first served the wrong choice at lunch .The parts of the hotel that I used looked clean and tidy especially the toilets. My only negative comments would be that it was uncomfortably hot and stuffy and seemed as though the air conditioning was either not working or was not turned on. The sandwiches that I had for lunch were at best poor as the bread was dry & stale which was very disappointing considering it was £8.00. To be fair my colleagues said that their lunch was ok. Would I return? Probably not unless the problems are addressed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Twotoneskaman
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Hotel
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service and I am delighted with your kind comments regarding the team and the cleanliness of the Hotel, however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations with the service and food quality we delivered. I have discussed your experience with my Head chef who is also disappointed that we clearly got it wrong on this occasion. The chef has taken the opportunity to re-visit the sandwich selection and quality and has also reviewed the presentation and I am sure that on your next stay at the hotel you will see great improvements. I appreciate that not all aspects of your visit were acceptable however I do hope that the positives somewhat out way the negatives and we do get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Warm Regards,
Hartford, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I want to start by saying, "Hats off", to Daniel Duddy in the restaurant and Molly Breeden at the front desk. These two made my trip a great experience. I travel to London quite often for my kids to play soccer (futbol) and most hotel are average at best. This particular Hilton stands out to me because of the country side location and the quiet atmosphere. However, the two above mentioned employes are what made my stay a very pleasant one. Hotel is clean, organized and very we'll ran.

Room Tip: Great taxi service to and from London's city center
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Daniel j
Thank you for posting such a great review following your stay with us. I know both Molly and Daniel our thrilled and really appreciate receiving such great feedback.
I’m glad you got the opportunity to enjoy the surrounding countryside.
I do hope the football is going well and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you travel over here.
Enjoy the rest of the Summer.
Warmest regards
Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed for a night on 12th July and the room was clean and comfortable. Check in was fast & efficient and the bar staff were friendly. Overall a good stay. We have stayed here before and would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Gill H
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham .I am delighted you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay and I will pass on your kind comments to the team.I do hope it will not be too long before we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Warm regards
South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Cobham with my best friend and our two children due to its closeness to Thorpe Park to celebrate a birthday weekend. We had a junior suite which was overlooking the gardens - the suite was very spacious with a separate bedroom. We ate in the bar the first evening and the food and service was very good. The second evening we went to Cobham (well worth a visit) and ate at Wildwood at the Bear Inn which was fantastic - great food and very reasonable. Breakfast at the hotel was excellent with a very good selection. The staff at the hotel were all very helpful but a special mention to Adam on front desk who was so efficient and happy all weekend - he helped make our stay at the Hilton memorable and we will definitely return. Thanks everyone - 5 star service :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear CathESouthWales,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a fabulous review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you and your family had such a great time at the hotel and I hope you had fun at Thorpe Park. Cobham is a beautiful place and the hotel is ideally located to be able to explore the local area. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding Adam, I will be sure to pass on your comments and I know that he will be thrilled. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon. Warm Regards – Dean Rigby - Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!