“July 2014 Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Beach
“July 2014 Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Cobham for approximately 8 days. This hotel has a very nice location in the woods, and is alone with nothing close or within walking distance, so a car is necessary. We had a business week nearby and it was very convenient, cost effective, and quiet for the time we were there. However, the hotel is very run down and is in desperate need of maintenance and a remodel. The rooms were clean and internet was sufficient. Cable TV channels were very few. The restaurant for dinner was just sufficient and breakfast was not as good as Hilton Greenpark, where we normally stay in London. A local Pub in nearby Cobham, The Old Plough was an excellent escape for dinners.

Room Tip: There is no elevator access to the "500" series rooms on the second floor in back, althoug...
1 Thank Christopher M
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Christopher M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.

I am delighted you enjoyed the quiet location and the 27 acres of woodland and countryside that surrounds the Hotel.

We are continually updating the Hotel so I do know that on your next visit you will see a number of improvements.

Thank you once again for posting a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Warmest regards
Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Cobham during a business trip at the end of June as I was having business meetings in the Brooklands business park area. Conveniently located for my work but I was really not impressed by the hotel.

The surroundings are quite nice but right from the entrance you can tell it is a bit old, possibly even outdated, and does not reflect what the Hilton brand is nowadays. It in fact looks like a old country side hotel. Depending on what building your room is in, you may have to carry your luggage yourself through stairs and manual doors.

The room was big enough but furniture was laid out very oddly, e.g., a couch almost impossible to sit on just to block the access to the door communicating to the other room. The carpet was heavily stained, there were a lot of sticky glass marks left on the bedside tables (I suspect the cleaners are only doing the room top line), and the bathroom probably was clean but it looked so old that one might have wondered. HUGE negative point: the hotel was costing 160+ GBP per night and did not even include complimentary internet access; that had to be paid extra at 15 GBP per day, an absolute rip-off!

Long story short, this hotel needs a refurbishment very badly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Fabrizio 45

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I should like to apologise for the disappointing experience.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the Housekeeping issues in your bedroom which have now been addressed.
I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again sometime in the future.
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have just got back from a 2 night stay with my husband and 2 children aged 7 & 2....we were very pleased with our stay, room was clean & modern, check in was swift and easy, staff were friendly and happy to help, swimming pool was lovely and clean, food was amazing especially the continental breakfast and the grounds were great for the children to run around on when wearing off that extra bit of energy in the evening...all round happy happy happy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura S
Dear Laura
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham .I am delighted you and your family had an enjoyable and relaxing stay and I will pass on your kind comments to the team.I do hope it will not be too long before we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Enjoy the rest of the summer
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my mother and two children for one night, where do I start we arrived at the hotel at 5pm to be told by reception that our room wasn't ready even though on our booking confirmation it stayed that we could check in at 3pm, so two hours after the check in time it was still not ready?? The receptionist said that we could have a complimentary drink in the bar and the children could have ice cream while we waited. About 15 minute later we were told it was ready and given our key and free wifi for our trouble (which I would like to point out would not connect). We were then told there would be no towels in the room but they would follow shortly. We got ourselves ready and went for a swim after returning I found there were still no towels, I went to reception to request these and was told by the man I assume was one of the housekeepers that he still did not have any and they would be twenty minutes, finally at 8pm someone bought some to our room. I decided to have a bath i found black hairs clogging the plug hole and when i opened one of the towels up it was all stained needless to say I used one of my own beach towels I had bought with us.I had previously explained to the receptionist when we arrived that we had a early start and it had been a long day so we got ready for bed I settled the children and got in bed myself. At 22.05pm I heard a knock at the door without even giving me chance to answer the male proceeded to use his key and enter my room luckily I was under the bed clothes as he stood in my room holding a bundle of towels. I asked him to put them on the floor and tried to hurry him out. To be honest I am disgusted I don't expect to be In bed and someone to just walk in for all he knew I could of been naked!! Really not happy at all!

• Stayed July 2014
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Amylouiseev
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me and I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham.
I must apologise for the Housekeeping issues you experienced and please be assured remedial action has been taken and shared with my Housekeeping team and my Head Housekeeper would like to share in my apologies. Please be assured this is not the normal standard we pride ourselves on here at Cobham.
I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable whilst I cannot turn back the clock on this stay I will ensure that on your next visit to the hotel you leave feeling far happier with the experience.

Dean

Travellers are raving about these Cobham hotels

St. Ives, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Bathroom/ room smelled damp. Iron full of scale. Ironing board broken. Sink slow to empty. Picture quality on TV was awful. The carpet used throughout the hotel looks like it was taken from the Grand Hotel Scarborough in the 50's. No mushrooms at breakfast. Check out slow. £210 for one night was a rip off!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Alan M

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I should like to apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
I am sorry that you have left the hotel feeling that your stay was not value for money although we are not a new build property we do pride ourselves on the quality of service and facilities that we provide. I understand that my PA has been in touch and is addressing the issues you have raised with the Executive team.Whilst I appreciate we will not be your preferred choice of Hotel in the future, should the situation arise that you are staying with us again then please contact myself directly as I would love the opportunity to meet you personally.
Warm Regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is not bad, but a little bit dated.
The rooms are quite small and the Wi-Fi signal is almost non existent.
I am a Hilton Honors diamond member but I was given a room in the corridor to the restaurant, so 6 am start the noise with people walking in the corridor to go for breakfast and at night people coming back from dinner late night talking very loud.
The service in this hotel is not very good. The shower head in my room was broken I asked the reception to fix it, but nothing was done until I talk with the manager.
The breakfast in the hotel is ok, nothing special, and the service a bit slow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear MMIHaria
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand and our Hilton Honors loyalty programme. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Although part of the Hilton portfolio we are a unique character property which cannot be compared to some of the more regular Hilton Hotels in the UK. We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes.
I was so disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service you received being not very good. It is very unusual for us to receive negative comments regarding this as it is an area that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and I am just so sorry this was not the case during your stay and I am sorry that you have left the Hotel feeling less than satisfied. I will be addressing the issues you raised as a matter of urgency. I really do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Cobham to give us the opportunity to demonstrate our high level of customer service and I would be delighted to meet you personally next time you stay.
Kind regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was not at all helpful with ensuring priority to rooms due to being a bridesmaid at a wedding, they also billed me for another guest members two rooms and drinks at the bar, therefore a breach of data protection due to continuing to have access to my account details when i have pre paid for the rooms two months in advance to my stay. Overall a horrific experience on a day which should have been filled with laughter and no stress.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear lj287
Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us last weekend. I am really sorry that you have left the hotel feeling disappointed and felt it necessary to post a negative review. I understand that my Front Office Manager has resolved the problems you encountered and apologised to you. Our check in time is 3pm although we are happy for guests to check in early should the rooms be available earlier and I am pleased to see that you were able to check in at 1pm on Friday. Please accept my sincere apologies for the administrative error that has lead to your card being charged for your friend’s outstanding bill, I know Fraser has explained this was due to you confirming their reservation with your credit card. I can assure you that no breach of data protection has occurred and we have all of the necessary precautions in place to protect your personal information. I hope the wedding went well and look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.
Warm Regards – Dean Rigby Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!