“Great hotel but let down by no free wifi £15 a day”
Review of Hilton Cobham

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, plenty of parking, rooms clean and spacious but let down by no free wifi and at £15 a day extortionate!! When you have little ones and can't go out in the evening wifi is a must to watch a film etc. it is a big let down for such a lovely hotel if we had paid for wifi for the length of our stay it would have been £30! Shame as staff were very helpful and breakfast lovely.

• Stayed: August 2014
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Lountony

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with your family.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the wifi, Whilst this is charged in the room this is complimentary in all our public areas and please next time you are staying do not hesitate to ask any of the team who would be happy to help you download a movie that could then be watched in your room.
I do hope it we will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Cobham again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed with a large group of teens (and other adults) travelling from the states for a soccer program. First, this is not a traditional Hilton property. It is a bit older, but clean and well maintained. I thought the room was comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I thought they did a really good job accommodating our group of approximately 30 teenagers and about 15 adults. The on site restaurant was good. The lounge was a great place to relax at the end of a long day. All in all, it was a good stay. My only complaint was that Wi-Fi was not included.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear MRLBRLA
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time and thank you for your great comments regarding the staff which I have shared with the team.
With regards to Internet All of our gold and diamond Hilton Honors members are able to enjoy complimentary WI FI throughout the hotel and we have further extended this so that all guests are able to take advantage of complimentary WIFI in the public areas as well as utilise the Hilton Connectivity station free of charge.
Thank you once again for your great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and that I get the opportunity to meet you personally.
Enjoy the rest of the Summer
Deborah

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Two stays in as many weeks should say enough!
We initially stayed at this hotel as a "try it and see" experiment when looking for somewhere convenient to stay while visiting Chessington World of Adventure.
This hotel is wonderful!
The rooms we've stayed in on both occasions were very comfortable. A good size, nicely decorated, good layout and modern furniture. The bathrooms were also of a good size, spotlessly clean with the customary Hilton amenities.
The hotel is easy to find, ideally located just off the A3 and within easy travelling distance of Chessington World of Adventure, Thorpe Park, and other local attractions. There is ample parking and a friendly, efficient reception to welcome you.
Breakfast was perfect, exceeding the normal (high) Hilton standard.
Both of our stays (to date) have been fantastic and we look forward to staying here again.
Ten out of ten for the Hilton Cobham and its friendly, hard working staff!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the grounds to the rear of the hotel have lovely views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear JDavies1967

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fabulous review following your two recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you and your family had such a great time at the hotel and I hope you had fun at Chessington. Thank you for your great feedback regarding the team, I will be sure to pass on your comments and I know that they will be thrilled. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Warm Regards
Dean Rigby

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have rated staying at this hotel as POOR, for the simple reason that it really is not a Hilton standard. Its looks old and run down and tired.. The staff were friendly and I had no issues, BUT I did not eat there or have much to do with the Hotel staff.
The AIRcon, didn't really keep the room cool, It was really hot outside..The decor inside is very dated.. Was expecting a lot more for the price I paid... And 3.95 Pounds for a bottle of water? Come on, thats just a huge rip off....I can buy a case of water for that price at Sainsburry's... I wont be back.....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stewart_Stoffel

Dear Stewart_Stoffel

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I should like to apologise for the disappointing experience.
Although part of the Hilton portfolio we are a unique character property which cannot be compared to some of the more regular Hilton Hotels in the UK. We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes.
We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that overall on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and please accept my apologies for the problem you encountered with your air conditioning which has now been addressed. Thank you for your feedback regarding the price of the bottled water , we are part of a central Hilton pricing programme however I will be sure pass your feedback up the line.
I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am not one to write a review but it was such a disappointment I felt I needed too...

I stayed at the this hotel last week for my friends wedding. I would never stay at this hotel again. I checked in the night before the wedding and stayed in the bridal suite with my friend which was great. The next morning we asked for early check in as requested from the mother of the bride. We checked in at 12 and I met my friend who was attending the wedding too. We were given the key to our room, I gave her my bags and I went off for more bridesmaid stuff. When I went to check on her and the room it was disgusting the room was unmade and dirty from the night before, they went on to tell her that I had slept in the room hence the messiness. Wrong. After telling reception this was wrong they gave us another room with a bottle of wine. Fine.

We came back after the wedding and ordered sandwiches from room service, it took them an hour to get to us, which was then left outside the door. We were still charged for this - £20! Most expensive sandwich EVER...

Going to breakfast in the morning and there not being enough food or seating with our party, we made our move home. Check out was fine.

Saturday I realise I have left my perfume at the hotel, I call them and leave a message - no call back.. I call again Sunday - no call back.. I call again Monday, no call back. Today I hear back from Deborah who was the only helpful person at the hotel to tell me its not been found.......very strange as no one else picked it up in the wedding party.......

Whilst all of this has been going on I realise I have been charged twice. I am receiving a refund but to be honest its just another reason that has made me not want to return!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rachaelboorman

Dear Rachaelboorman
I understand my PA has been in contact with you and has addressed the areas you have raised with my team to ensure that my future guests do not leave the hotel feeling this way.
The service you experienced with regards to your lost property does not represent the high level of service we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and I am just so sorry for the delay in the team responding to you. I know they are as thorough as possible in searching for any items guests may have accidently left behind. They have thoroughly checked our secure storage areas and security logs and I am just sorry again that we were unable to communicate this to you as quickly as you expected and please again accept both my own and my teams apologies for this breakdown in communication.
Whilst I understand that due to your experiences during this stay we may not be your first choice of hotel in the Surrey area I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Lovely hotel with lovely staff. The bonus for us was that they welcome dogs to stay. Good breakfast and service. Nothing is too much trouble. Location is near to London but far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Laura B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.
I am delighted that you had a lovely time and I have shared your kind comments with all of the team.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here last week with my Mum for the night as it was on route to where we headed the following day. I can't say I was disappointed with any particular aspect of the hotel but I would stress that is does not have the quality I would usually associate with a Hilton Hotel. The hotel is a little tired looking, and perhaps lacking in care and attention. All the staff I encountered were friendly and the room was I would say average. Perhaps due to time of year we did find lots of dead bugs around the room and it was very hot.

We arrived after 10pm the curtains were drawn, and the room stuffy. I was shocked to discover in the morning when I open the curtains the window had been open wide all night, as we were on the ground floor I found this quite unsettling, but it does show it is not a noisy hotel. We had been kindly provided with drink tokens for the bar from my membership in the honors scheme though we did find redeeming them more challenging than it ought to have been, at 1030pm on a Saturday there was no one behind the bar.

I would stay again if I was in the area but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. I think the price is generally reflective of the hotel and I wouldn't consider it to be up to the standard of other Hilton hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vix P

Dear Pandapups

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me and I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham.
I have shared your feedback with the executive team to address the issues you have raised and ensure future guests to not leave the hotel feeling this way.
I am sorry that you have left the hotel feeling that your stay was not value for money as although we are not a new build property we do pride ourselves on the quality of service and facilities that we provide and thank you for your kind comments regarding the team.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
Dean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking
Woodlands Park Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!