“Thoroughly enjoyable business stay”

Woodlands Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
Frisco, Texas
“Thoroughly enjoyable business stay”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed an excellent stay at the Woodlands Park Hotel during a three-day business trip. Beautiful country manor house with comfortable rooms and an extraordinary staff. They were very gracious in assisting with every request.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback about your visit and about my colleagues in particular. We do aim to make guests feel at home when they stay with us and I am delighted that we were successful in doing so on this occasion. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed overnight here with my husband, who was traveling on business. From the outside, the hotel is an impressive sight. However, inside is a bit lacking. Our room was comfortable, although the bathroom was quite small. My greatest disappointment was when I turned up for breakfast just before 9am to find the dining room empty and the buffet decimated! I was very unimpressed by the offering of leftover scraps, so I decided to order the cooked breakfast, which was ok. However, first I had to attract the attention of the wait staff who were already clearing the tables. Clearly a business hotel catering for those getting up early

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 8lackCardigan
Thank you for posting a review. We pride ourselves on our high standards of service at Woodlands Park Hotel and we are pleased with the level of compliments we receive from our guests. I can only apologise that you did not enjoy the same level of experience at Breakfast before your departure.

Please be assured that I have shared your helpful feedback with my restaurant manager to ensure there is not a recurrence for other guests.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in early October on a Friday and Saturday night. The aim of the stay was some much needed rest and relaxation from our two children of 2 and 4 (our first 2 consecutive nights together away from them both - sad but true).
The hotel was absolutely perfect. The decor is grand Victorian country house, much wood pannelling and high ceilings - but still very friendly and cosy in atmosphere.
We stayed in a Junior Suite with an enormous and extremely comfortable bed, a well quipped ensuite shower and a small study area with wardrobe. Tea and coffee making facilities were supplied and the room itself was very elegant and relaxing.
We had breakfast in bed both mornings (lovely!) and dinner in the evening (excellent) both nights.
There were three weddings taking place at the hotel over the course of the two days but non-wedding guests were barely aware of this - the events were all kept nicely separate, the staff were unfailingly helpful, the food was very good indeed (the fillet steak one of the best we have had) and overall for a place just to get away and relax it was ideal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit to Woodlands Park. I have taken great delight in sharing it with my colleagues and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you both (with or without the children) back to the hotel in the very near future.

Surrey
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Recently celebrated my Grandson's Wedding at this beautiful Hotel, from the very outset everything was perfect, from congregating in the grand lounges, the service in a beautifully arranged room with huge bay window overlooking the grounds, the location perfect for photographs, the lovely setting for the exceptional meal with service and attention to detail outstanding and made the whole day very very special. A buffet later completed the celebrations and many then stayed overnight in the beautiful bedrooms followed by a sumptuous breakfast with selection to satisfy every whim. All in all a delightful and exceptional experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your very kind comments about your Grandsons’ wedding. It was an honour for us to host their wedding breakfast and I am truly glad that your day was very, very special. I am so delighted your family and guests thoroughly enjoyed their experience at Woodlands Park and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Four nights accommodation in a reasonably well appointed room, but little else to give the wow factor in a 'handpicked hotel'. No gym (apart from gym in a bag!!!), no walks other than the grounds. Breakfast ok if you get in early ... But pretty well decimated buffet for my late sleeping wife. We deliberately eat out every night at some nice places in Cobham. So in summary a hotel to sleep in on business expenses but little else to commend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Theplusminus
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for posting a review; it is appreciated. We do not have a gym at the hotel but do offer gym in a bag and regular boot camps for guests looking to exercise. Both have been developed by our fitness team at one of our sister hotels to provide guests with workout opportunities that address most guests needs.

For many of our guests the woodland walk and extensive grounds meets their needs but there is also the wonderful Surrey countryside on our doorstep for guests who wish to explore further. Unfortunately as most of the land is privately-owned farmland and public access is limited so walking is restricted to the roadside and verges.

As I said in my response to your wife’s post I can only apologise that she did not enjoy the same level of experience at Breakfast that you had, when she came down to Breakfast later in the day. This was not acceptable and I am regretful that we did not have the opportunity to address the issue when it occurred. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with my colleagues to ensure there is not a recurrence.

Buncrana, Ireland
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed here before about 5 years ago and it was just as fabulous this time as we remembered. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival and the dinner, breakfast and service were all faultless. I forgot to ask the name of the on duty lady behind reception but she was so friendly and attentive. We will definitely return to either this hotel or another Handpicked once again. Fabulous!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade on arrival. They will give it to you if it is available.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback about your visit, the food and service you enjoyed and about my colleague in Reception in particular. We do aim to make guests feel at home when they stay with Hand Picked Hotels and I am delighted that we were successful in doing so on this occasion. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Solihull
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Am a Hand Picked regular and was sadly a bit disappointed.

There's no gym ( should have read before booking)

On arrival the reception didn't pick up that my room was on bill back - I had to prompt.

The room I was given (36) was really lovely, brilliant bed / stereo.

However the bath had missing tap fixtures which seemed to be the case for a while!

On going to eat I was shunted into the lifeless Brasserie, having previously been told that the restaurant was quiet.

Food selection and service were a little lacking but maybe I got unlucky!!!

Sorry perhaps I'm being a bit grumpy... Lovely venue, lovely room, nice hot shower. I would question whether it is worth a premium price though.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Tom O
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am sorry that your feedback is somewhat of a mixed bag. I am afraid that we do not have a gym at present but are examining the opportunities to develop leisure facilities within the confines of our listed building. I am sorry that you felt the bathroom was a little unloved despite the nice, hot shower. We have an ongoing refurbishment of bathrooms underway and these will be completed soon.
I have noted your comments about Bensons and do concur that it can lack warmth when quiet. In addressing this, we intend to refurbish this restaurant in 2014 and I am confident that this work will transform the ambience of this area.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

GENERAL MANAGER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Hilton Cobham
Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel
Days Inn Cobham M25
Days Inn Cobham M25
#1 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Woodlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!