Woodlands Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hilton Cobham(Cobham)
View Hotel
All reviewshandpicked hotelslovely hotelwedding breakfastexecutive roomdvd playerlovely groundscourse dinnerfull englishreception areawedding receptionbeautiful buildingplenty of parkingcooked breakfastsunday lunchfollowing morninggood nights sleeptea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Woodlands Park brings country living within reach of the city. Just 5 minutes from the M25. Lovely landscaped gardens and great meals in the restaurant. Needs an upgrade to the furnishings and carpet.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay; it is much appreciated. Hand Picked Hotels are committed to investing in the fabric of our hotels and an ongoing refurbishment programme is currently underway at Woodlands Park. This has included the re-carpeting of the entrance, Grand Hall and stairs as well as the creation of a new residents bar. We are currently redecorating all external aspects of the hotel and this work will continue throughout 2014.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a rather gloomy old building with lots of dark wood panelling, set in very pleasant grounds. I have no idea what it is like to stay in, as I only attended a function there. This was characterised by some of the poorest food and service that I have experienced in some while - even allowing for the fact that a meal for seventy or so people is never going to be haute cuisine. The reception was handled well enough, but at the start of the meal there were speeches, which were obviously going to end in one or more toasts - except that no-one's glasses had been refilled, and most were empty.
Then it took at least half an hour to get all the guests past the single buffet counter for the starters; and during this period no bread was brought to the tables. I chose the paté from an unappetising display. It had no distinct taste and a rather unpleasant texture. An equally tasteless pasta that I chose as the main course was accompanied by soggy over-cooked vegetables. I passed on puddings, but my neighbour had a tartlet with pastry so hard that it was difficult to cut through. Just glad I wasn't paying.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank WardenRon
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

It is difficult to provide an apposite response to your feedback without unambiguous details particularly as the event you refer to is unidentifiable. Having reviewed all of the function information sheets at the hotel for the preceding quarter, I have not been able to identify a function with the menu items you describe nor have I received any similar feedback from an event that has taken place at the hotel in the last year; either from individual guest or from an event organiser. It is always regrettable to receive indistinct feedback as it prevents me from investigating the issues and identifying areas of under-performance that we can address for future guests. Notiwthstanidng that may I thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide a review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night on one of their deals. A very warm welcome by the receptionist and taken to our room by the duty manager which was more than we expected.

The room was quite small and(6) but mainly because the bed was massive. Mattress was comfy but clearly a bit old as they had "padded" the mattress with duvets and blankets. Duvet was soft and warm and plenty of pillows. Surprisingly no dressing table mirror because the big flat screen tv was hung on the wall where it should have been. Plenty of mirrors in the bathroom but tricky to do your hair in. Bathroom was a but tired but very clean.

Dinner was expertly cooked with a comfortable gap between courses. If its on the menu, order the tart tatin - it was to die for. Extremely extensive wine list to suit all palettes and pockets and the rest of the drinks menu was more than one could ask for. Breakfast as you would expect - very good poached eggs!

The rest if the hotel is as you would expect, lovely oak beams and panelling, with oil paintings adorning every wall.

Gardens were a bit dissppointing but understandable for the time of year.

Overall a lovely stay and I will be looking at other handpicked hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay; it is much appreciated. I was delighted to read your very positive comments about dinner in the Oak Room Restaurant and must concur with your view of the 'tarte tatin'! and also about breakfast on the next day.

I was pleased that you slept well in one of our new Hypnos beds that have the added comfort of a ‘memory foam’ topper on them and not additional duvets and blankets as you suspected. There are mirrors fitted into all of the dressing tables in a compartment that also holds the hairdryer and I am sorry that the opening of this was not readily apparent. In light of your feeedback, I will make sure that when we escort guests to their room we do point this facility out.

Please do let me know personally when you next come to visit and I will ensure that your stay is without incident.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had a job interview at Leatherhead last 27th september. I flew early in the morning and I had my flight back in the afternoon. As I had no time to spare at London because the departure of my flight was from Gatwick I asked for a good place to have lunch in the nearby. They advised me some places and I checked out in tripadvisor for the best rating. Finally, I decided to go Woodlands because it was in south London countryside and when I have been at London I have visited the city, the monuments and eaten, above all, in ethnical restaurants, so It seemed a good idea to have lunch in a typical hotel in the countryside. Finally, I chose Benson Restaurant. At Benson's I asked the waiter, I think his name was Antonio, to recommend me some specialties but, of course, not too much expensive. At the end I ate a feta salad as starter and a 12 oz sirloin as main course. Feta salad was ok, in fact that was first time I tasted feta cheese. But 12 oz sirloin was absolutely delicious. To end I ordered a coffee milk but the waiter told me cappuccino was a speciality of the restaurant. And really, it is. The bill was a bit expensive but, well, affordable. As I had a couple of hours free before the check in in the airport I took a walk in the garden nearby. In fact, a different visit to England.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to Bensons Restaurant. I was delighted to read your comments and have shared them with all of my colleagues. In particular, I was delighted to read that Antonio made such good recommendations to you and that you enjoyed lunch as well as the beautiful Surrey countyside.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Enjoyed an excellent stay at the Woodlands Park Hotel during a three-day business trip. Beautiful country manor house with comfortable rooms and an extraordinary staff. They were very gracious in assisting with every request.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback about your visit and about my colleagues in particular. We do aim to make guests feel at home when they stay with us and I am delighted that we were successful in doing so on this occasion. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.