“Excellent Country Weekend stay”

Woodlands Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just had a very nice weekend away at this hotel. It is a traditional oldy, worldy hotel complete with wood panelled walls and with a fire for relaxing by in the bar. The hotel staff were all very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. The food in the Oak Room restaurant was superb and the room whilst small was modern and fully equipped and comfortable. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review. It was a pleasure for me to read it and I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. I have shared your feedback with all of my colleagues and I know that they are pleased that their attention to your needs was appreciated.
Our new Executive Chef, Alec Mackins was really pleased to read your comments about his food as he has worked hard in the short time he has been here, to influence the menu and its dishes. That you enjoyed his food is a huge reward for his team's efforts.

I do hope that it will not be too long before you make a return visit to us.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was our anniversary trip to get away.. I have to staff were amazing. From the point of booking some last minute changes we had to make, the team were so accommodating. Big thanks to Ruth who managed our booking. When we arrived, we were treated to an upgrade & a little anniversary card. The cream tea was lovely. Room was lovely, biggest bed and beautiful bathroom.. Thank you! Unfortunately The dinner was slightly disappointing.. It took ages to get our canapés then we waited and waited and then had to prompt the waiter we were still waiting for our table at 845! The oak room food was ok... I wouldn't say amazing but ok. It's a shame an extra charge was made for scallops and steak when the rest of the menu was a little disappointing. Staff were lovely and breakfast team so friendly! Overall lovely weekend away.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for posting a review and your very kind comments. I am delighted that your visit was a huge success but am sincerely sorry that dinner service was tardy. Fortunately we were very busy but unfortunately we had staff illness which contributed to a delay in service for some guests. I do hope that it did not tarnish your overall visit to Woodlands Park and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here if or one night. Very traditional old style hotel with great service and great if you like peace and quiet. Beautiful wood panelling throughout and great history.

Staff first class and very attentive. Breakfast was superb. Well presented and served rather than the all too common buffet

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your very kind comments about my colleagues and Woodlands Park. I am glad that you enjoyed Breakfast, it is something we are particularly proud of.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We could not fault Woodlands Park and the service we received in any way. The day was truly amazing and enjoyed by every member of our wedding party. I was so amazed that every detail had been thought of and executed beautifully. All of the table items, favours and guest books etc that I gave the staffing team to be arranged in the function rooms, were all dressed to perfection. We did not have to think of a single thing on the day, and that is exactly what we wanted. We were able to be surprised and taken in by it all along with our guests....Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for allowing us to play a small part in your special day. We take huge pleasure in helping couples celebrate their marriage but all we do is exactly what you ask us to do. I am so delighted your family and guests thoroughly enjoyed their visit to Woodlands Park and we look forward to welcoming you back often.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel is only 4 miles from the A3 but the traffic is very slow at peak periods so I left early and had to miss out on breakfast as the restaurant doesn't open till 7am. Room service was available before 7am but not sure why I should pay a tray charge when in effect I have already paid for breakfast?
The rooms are ok, most have been refurbished recently, but the hotel is looking a bit tired in the main reception area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NorthamptonRupert

Thank you for writing a review after your recent stay. I am sorry that you found access to the hotel from the A3 to be slow; many guests do use JCN 10 off the M25 as the exit is only 1km from the hotel and is much quicker. We serve breakfast from 7am because we have little demand to open earlier but we are more than happy to prepare breakfast for early departing guests upon request. This can be served in guest rooms or in Bensons Restaurant and I am disappointed that you did not enquire at Recpetion prior to departure.
We are currently planning the second phase of our public area refurbishment having replaced all of the Grand Hall and Reception carpet in August whilst fully refurbishing the Chester Bar at the same time and this next phase is expected to be completed in 2014.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

High standards of accommodation, service and food in an elegant setting but at a reasonable price. The bedroom was furnished to a high standard but someo he comon areas were a lttle dated but, after all, this is in keeping with the age of the old lady. I had an inclusive rate and thoroughly enjoyed a full English breakfast, although many other options were available.

In the few days I stayed there I never did quite figure out the bedroom temperature controls.

Although the hotel is set in very pretty and quiet countryside, the road outside is quite narrow, traffic travels quite quickly and it's not easy to take a walk and there are no other places of interest in walking distance anyway.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your very kind comments; they are appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed Breakfast; it is something we are particularly proud of but I am concerned that you had trouble with the thermostatic heating control. Perhaps on your next visit, please ask Reception to have our Executive Housekeeper visit your room and set the controls for you.
Whilst we do have extensive grounds to stroll around, I concur that a walk along the roadside is fraught with danger; we usually recommend that guests take a cab to Cobham to stroll along the common, down the riverside path via the water mill and into town for a coffee in one of the quaint café’s or excellent pubs. Please ask us about this when you next stay.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went to the hotel for a family birthday party so decided to stay overnight. The room was very good, a very large and comfortable bed and a very well appointed bathroom.
The staff were excellent, very friendly and accommodating. The building is, however, looking a little tired in places and could probably do with a bit of refurbishing.
We did have cobwebs in one of the wardrobes but it is spider season.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

I was delighted to read your review and have shared it with my colleagues. I am sorry that you felt the hotel was a little tired in places; Hand Picked Hotels invest heavily in the hotel collection and an ongoing refurbishment plan is underway in both the bedrooms and public areas at Woodlands Park. There is absolutely no excuse for cobwebs irrespective of the spider season; please accept my sincere apologies.

GENERAL MANAGER

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Hilton Cobham
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Days Inn Cobham M25
Days Inn Cobham M25
#1 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Woodlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!