“Lovely afternoon tea”

Woodlands Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We recently had afternoon tea at Woodlands Park for my son's birthday. The setting was beautiful. We were impressed from the start by the kind and attentive service - nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We enjoyed our ice cold glasses of champagne, delicious finger sandwiches and cakes - especially the orange scones and thick clotted cream. We will definitely be back and next time we will try the savoury afternoon tea which looked gorgeous when it was delivered to another table. Thank you for a lovely family celebration.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

I was delighted to read that your visit to Woodlands Park for Afternoon Tea was a great success. Your comments about both the quality of food and the attentive service from my colleagues are very kind; please be assured that I have shared them with the team. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next have the occasion to celebrate.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I celebrated my 50th birthday party in May 2014 in the hotel. From the start to the end of the party the team were efficient, friendly and professional. The hotel provided a brilliant food and look after my guests properly and efficiently. Our co ordinators Katie and Lucy were brilliant. The evening team were friendly and professional. Everything ran smoothly. Thank you for making my birthday a night to remember.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank for taking the time to post a review of your recent birthday party. I was delighted to read your very kind comments about my colleagues Katie and Lucy and about the food and service from the rest of the team. We were glad to have the opportunity to hep you celebrate such a milestone and I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you to Woodlands Park for your next family celebration.

Michael A McKay FIH GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Maybe we hit this place at a bad time but it needs a bit of attention to detail and staff training. It is a very impressive country house with wooden panelling in the reception area and a two storey lounge. There is plenty of parking and it's proximity to the M25 means that you can break your journey here. However I suspect most of the business comes from weddings and conferences. I booked by telephone and did not receive any form of confirmation which meant having to telephone again. The receptionist was friendly, helpful and efficient for both booking-in and checking-out. We were disappointed with the room which looked over a very large flat roof and thus had an extremely restricted view of the parkland. It was small and narrow but nevertheless contained a comfortable bed and was furnished well in a modern style. The bathroom was equally small and had been refurbished although the fan was not working. I don't think the room, on the 1st floor, would be somewhere comfortable to relish relaxing or reading in as it was also rather dark. There are plenty of pleasant places to read or relax in the public areas of the hotel. We did not try room service but were visited each evening by a member of staff to check whether we wanted anything. You should know that there is a constant buzz from the M25 traffic in rooms overlooking the rear and sides of the hotel even with the windows closed. It did not bother us and is really not loud but the front rooms are likely to be completely quiet despite a main road being about 100m away. It was at meal time that things fell down and some leadership and training of staff is required. At breakfast there were 25 minute delays in serving cooked food and at various times no croissants, milk or granulated sugar for cereal. The croissants tasted stale and the cooked breakfast was unexceptional. However the waffles were very good indeed. At buffet lunch the same applied with the food presented poorly and no serving cutlery available. The food quality was fine with a mixture of hot and cold choices. So far from perfect but the experience could be considerably improved with little effort by ensuring that the basics are covered at all times by restaurant staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front will be quiet but not overlook the park
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bluebellplasnewydd

Thank for taking the time to post a comprehensive review of your recent visit to Woodlands Park. I was delighted that overall your visit was a positive one but was disappointed by your comments about the restaurant. Breakfast is prepared freshly each day and croissants are baked every morning and further supplies baked during service. All hot food is cooked to order for each individual guest which does take some time but I am sorry that you felt it took 25 minutes.
I was somewhat perplexed by your comments re; lunch as we do not serve a buffet in the hotel unless guests are attending a meeting or conference and a buffet lunch has been requested. Notwithstanding this, I was sorry that you felt that presentation left something to be desired and that there was insufficient cutlery laid out.

Perhaps on the next occasion you stay with us, you would let me know personally, in advance, so that I can take steps to ensure that your visit is to your satisfaction.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our daughter's dream day was continued after the church ceremony by a fantastic reception at this hotel. I arrived there are 9am to find the bridesmaids and bride preparing in rooms set aside for them to stay over the night before. Hairdresser and make up artiste were busy at work in one bedroom - all were content & excited. The staff were helpful & faultless - nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious - both the wedding breakfast and also the succulent hog roast with salads in the evening.
The Mistress Suite was very comfortable & luxurious while next door the Bride and Groom's room was a dream!
Thank you to all the staff for helping to make this day so special for Kate & Chris.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I was so pleased to read your very kind review of your daughter’s wedding at Woodlands Park. We take great pleasure in the organisation of such a special and unique event and I am delighted we contributed to your personal enjoyment of the day. I have passed on your lovely comments to my wedding teams and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you all back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is an excellent location for the reception. Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff we met were very helpful .Our co ordinator Katie was very thorough with lots of good suggestions . We had a seating plan crisis on the morning that was sorted without any fuss. Everything ran smoothly with Peter in the background on the day. Lots of good communication from the planning stage to the morning after when all the flowers etc had been carefully stored for us to take away along with the remains of the cake.
Food was OK and the service excellent(although the wraps for the evening buffet were mostly lettuce).
The disco (Steve Boyes) was excellent. Good liaison with the couple to produce a play list that suited everyone and played at a volume that allowed us oldies to remain in the room without hearing loss, while keeping the dance floor occupied the whole evening.
Wedding guests who had checked in earlier on the day also commented on the helpfulness of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pg0153

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of your daughter’s wedding at Woodlands Park. It was an absolute pleasure for us to be able to help you on this very special day and I was delighted to read that my colleagues ensured that the planning and delivery of the event were exactly as you intended.
I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming all of your now extended family back to Woodlands Park in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! Staff Excellent nothing too much Trouble and very polite, Helpful and Professional Food Excellent very Tasty and as described Rooms lovely and Comfortable Beautiful Surroundings and Views Highly Recommended!!! Peter (i think the Manager) worked so hard to make everything perfect, the whole time we were there 2 days he was constantly working, a True Gentleman and a STAR !!! Many Thanks to you all for making everything so Perfect

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terrie C

Thank you for entrusting us with your daughter’s wedding; your very kind comments make me very proud of my team. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with them all. We take great pleasure in hosting such special and unique events and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is in a countrified setting and has a stately feel about it. We had Sunday lunch here for 9 of us. The service was very attentive and professional and the food delicious. Roast beef was of particularly good quality. Price of food was reasonable but wine fairly pricey.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit for Sunday lunch and I was delighted to read your comments about both the quality of food and the service from my colleagues.
We try to introduce guests to wines that are from smaller, independent and artisan producers and these do, occasionally, attract a premium cost. Our new wine list, which will be launched in late April, has a much larger selection of affordable wines as we recognise from guest’s feedback that there is a demand for a greater choice of lower-priced wines.

Hopefully on your next visit you will find the selection to your liking.

GENERAL MANAGER

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
De Vere Wotton House
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Woodlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!