“Brilliant Setting For A Brilliant Murder!”

Woodlands Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Setting For A Brilliant Murder!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Myself and six friends stayed here so we could try to solve After Dark Mystery Event's production of The Shepherd's Warning - an Agatha Christie homage murder mystery. The setting was perfect and one friend, within half an hour of arriving at the hotel, was making enquiries to return for a longer stay. All the party loved the hotel - it couldn't be faulted. Every member of staff went out of their way to make our stay as perfect as possible. The icing on the cake was the tremendous entertainment laid on by After Dark. They must surely be the best and most professional murder mystery dinner company in the country. Again, within fifteen minutes of the event starting friends were saying "I want to book with this company again!" The plot, the acting, the costumes, the fun .... nothing could have been bettered. I do hope After Dark return to this hotel with more of their plots as we will certainly return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post such a great review of your stay at Woodlands Park to attend the Agatha Christie Murder Mystery with After Dark Productions. The feedback we have received from everyone has been fantastic and we will be planning another event later in the year. In the meantime After Dark are working with a number of other Hand Picked Hotels on similar events and these are detailed on our website.

Michael A McKay FIH
GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We attended my niece's wedding here on 31st May and stayed overnight. Everything about the wedding was fantastic. The staff were delightful, the food and service was second to none and nothing was too much trouble. We were treated like royalty. Our room and the breakfast were super too. I would recommend this beautiful venue to any prospective bride and groom.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for such a lovely review of Woodlands Park; I was delighted that you were made to feel special when attending your niece’s wedding recently. Please be assured that I have shared your kind comments with all of my colleagues.

Epsom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff here are so friendly and the food (at a mass catering wedding) was excellent. As my wife mentioned the first room we were given was very small but without any questions we were moved to a far superior room. When we left the grand hall was set up for an actual wedding and it looked just beautiful. Will go back

Room Tip: Avoid small double rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim G
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of Woodlands Park. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the food at the wedding you attended and I was pleased that we were able to upgrade you from a classic room to one of our executive rooms.

The Grand Hall is indeed a very unique venue for a wedding ceremony and does indeed look stunning.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We got off to a fairly poor start to our stay last week at the Woodlands Park hotel. The room we were allocated was completely filled by the bed, and I mean completely, there was no space to move in the room. We asked for a different room and were allocated another room with much more space. Unfortunately, the hotel insisted we had to pay £10 per night extra for the alternative room. We tried the restaurant one evening and found it OK, the quality and quantity of the food served was pretty good. When staying at a hotel I prefer a cooked breakfast and at the Woodlands Park this is available to order. The cold breakfast food is a buffet style but the cooked food is made to order so it's not standing around getting cold or congealing. I had the cooked breakfast on each morning of our stay and enjoyed it. All in all, after a poor start we had a reasonably enjoyable week staying here, we would try it again if we're in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FredBloggs57
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Woodlands Park. I am afraid that our classic rooms are quite compact and for guests staying with us for more than one night and one of our executive rooms is much more suitable particularly as the upgrade charge is nominal.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed dinner and in particular found the wide range of dishes available at breakfast, along with English Breakfast cooked to order, to you liking.
I do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for a night at this lovely hotel which by the way is often used for meetings by the Chelsea football club. The reception and hall setting with over huge sofas and chairs is ideal for one to partake an afternoon cream tea.

The executive bedroom was very comfortable with a well equipped ensuite. The huge flat screen TV is built-into the mirror over the dresser.

The Oak dining room is certainly the best choice for dinner. Food was a gastronomic delight from starters to dessert. Understandably it's been awarded AA rosettes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your short visit to Woodlands Park and I am appreciative that you took the time to post a review. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the not-too-distant future.

Watford
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I usually stay in another hotel when I'm working locally, but they were full, so they suggested I stay here instead. I'm so glad I did! The room was lovely, the bed was big and comfortable (super king, I think), and the bathroom was heavenly. It was so nice I decided to relax & have some 'me' time with room service, a long soak in the bath and snuggled down in the many pillows to watch TV. Breakfast the next day was delicious - I had the eggs benedict. I would definitely stay here again, & would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay. I was elated to read your very kind comments and I do hope that we can now count on you as a regular guest when you can ensure more ‘me’ time!

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I had to unexpectedly fly back from Corfu because of a bereavement in the family. We were booked into The Woodlands Park Hotel and from the minute we arrived we were completely looked after. It was obviously a week of some challenge that was made easier by the very friendly support. We have to say a very heartfelt "thank you" to Steve, Olga, Remus, Rosalie, Lauren, Simon, Declan, Marissa and Daniel.

The Hotel is truly wonderful; like something out of a period drama. It is set in a beautiful, country side location surrounded by fields and trees. We were able to drive to Cobham in about 10 minutes.

The food is very good, we ate our suppers and breakfasts here and thoroughly enjoyed each meal.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the Hotel are quieter as they don't have the background sound of the M25.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review. We do pride ourselves on our high standards of friendly and personal service at Woodlands Park Hotel and I was delighted to read that my colleagues were able to make, in some small way, a positive contribution to what was clearly a very challenging time for your both. Hopefully we may be able to welcome you back to Woodlands Park in much happier circumstances, on a future occasion

Michael A McKay FIH GENERAL MANAGER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Hilton Cobham
Days Inn Cobham M25
Days Inn Cobham M25
#1 of 4 in Cobham
Premier Inn Cobham Hotel

Been to Woodlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!