“A very nice pub restaurant - decent light lunch”
Review of The Old Plough

The Old Plough
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Cobham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had only modest expectations of this pub from the outside, don’t know why, but it surprised on the upside. A very nice dining room, with a varied but not overlong menu, and the food we had (cod and crayfish fish cakes - one of the day’s specials) was excellent. Reasonably priced drinks, and a lovely al fresco dining area as well (albeit a bit too near the road noise). Very pleasant and friendly staff, though perhaps could have done with an extra one or two on duty. We will certainly visit again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really nice garden and restaurant space, good food but something missing. No warm welcome, no acknowledgement when you walk in it's just a bit cold. I have been in quite a few times over the last 6 months but there is no recognition from staff.

A smile and a hello cost nothing

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly pub, good service, dog friendly, clean and consistently good food. Ticks all the boxes. Nice garden and delighted to have it as my local.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful pub, fantastic food with the friendliest service. I am not a local but I have visited here on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. The Bang Bang chicken salad is delicious, probably my favourite salad of all time. I could ramble on with superlatives, but I think you’ve got the picture! Simply the best pub food I have eaten and the service is just lovely.

1  Thank SunBun7
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We love coming here, and especially in the summer. The outside space is gorgeous.

The staff are all wonderful and friendly and we are always made to feel at home.

The seating inside can be a relaxed or even a formal affair.

1  Thank travellers801