“The very, very best!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2013

What can I say about Lo Stivale! It is without doubt one of the best traditional Italian restaurants around.
Competitively priced with great food and particularly friendly staff.
The only disappointment for me is that they don't open at lunchtimes other than Sunday, only the evenings. Quite often when it's a bank holiday we would prefer to eat out at lunchtime and are forced to go elsewhere.

1  Thank newballgirl

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Went with some friends to try this restaurant and I thought it was wonderful. Extensive menu but not too extensive. I had the breaded prawns to start with which were fabulous, others had the whitebait (looked like a small shoal!) and king prawns as their starters. I then followed this with the sea bass with prawns and capers - two very large fillets of sea bass in a truly wonderful sauce. My one friend said her calves liver was delicious. And our other friend thoroughly enjoyed his pizza! I even managed to force down some tiramasu which was wonderful too. Staff are very attentive but not overly flamboyant, the food has good sized portions that is beautifully cooked and presented. Try this restaurant you will really not be disappointed.

2  Thank WTOtraveller
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We went on the spur of the moment for a Friday dinner at Lo Stivale and were impressed by both the quality of the food and the excellent service. And we weren't the only ones, although quiet when we arrived at 730 it was full by 8pm.

As soon as we walked in we noticed the pleasant smell that often suggests good cokking - I'm not quit4e sure what it is. The menu had a good range of main dishes, pasta, risottos and pizzas - we had cod from the daily Specials board and a prawn spaghetti, which were excellent as was the risotto verdure and thefried cheese we had as starters. In fact I would say it's amongst the best Italian food I've eaten in Surrey.

The other outstanding thing was the service - unlike some resaurants where the staff can be over bearingly "Italian", here they seemed professional but friendly. And they we excellent at noticing when our drinks we empty or our course was finished and attending quickly to su - even the usual wait to get the bill at the end was minimal here.

In terms of atmosphear it is pleasant and informal, but nothing outstanding and on occasion I can imagine it seeming a little bit noisey if full.

But over all it was an excellent informal evening meal and at around £50 for two great value for money.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Went for lunch today at 12,30h. There was only 1 other family there. Food was good. Waitress friendly. Shame they don't do child portions. Pizzas too big for my 7 year old. They kindly put in a box to take home. Daughter would have preferred a half size pizza and garlic bread. No soap in dispenser in ladies toilets which always worries me when eating anywhere!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I have been to Lo Stivale many, many times over the past few years. The food is good, hot and the service very quick. The 'team' are friendly and efficient. It isn't overly expensive and I believe you get what you pay for. I would highly recommend this cosy (if loud!!) Italian restaurant.