“Good food & service ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

A few months ago I wrote quite a scathing review about Cleaver as I found the service bad & the food average. However we tried it again last night and I was very pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was lovely and the food was great, we all had different dishes and everyone enjoyed their meal. As I said last time it is a lovely looking restaurant, very well fitted out and very family friendly. They also now do take out which is a great idea.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Me and my husband had a late lunch there on Wednesday , place wasn't busy at all, staff looked bored but friendly enough... We ordered lunch menu, BBQ ribs and fries, burger with fries. Ribs were bit fatty but still tasty. I got a big surprise at 7pm when I started womiting and had diahorea which was followed by fever over next day.... Never ever again !!!

1  Thank Janka C
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This place serves low quality food, in stingy quantites with high pricetags. If that's what you enjoy you'll love it, if not I suggest you go elsewhere. The staff and service is good, such a shame that the food is just so lacking.

1  Thank J S
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Ideal change from big chains, I've been a few times now food has been good each time. I keep it simple drink water no desserts keeps the price reasonable. Sweet potato chips a must & hot Chilli sauce goes great with the Chicken burger. Go after 9pm is best & Service is always friendly.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Cleaver has a very limited menu - chicken, ribs or burgers. We both had burgers and while they were good they didn't impress like Gourmet Burgers. Chips are an extra so works out quite expensive for an average meal. I had banana bread and butter pudding which I would give 3/10 and my husband had New York cheesecake which he is a fan of and didn't rate that either. Overall an average meal, nice environment, very good service but we wouldn't rush back.

1  Thank H0rseybird