The four of us stayed here in a family room. There was a strange, musty odour in the room at first, although helpful service staff did use an air freshener, which helped a little. They did offer another room, but it was much smaller, so we opted to keep the one we had.
There was no air conditioning here, which made the room hot. We did open the window, which improved things somewhat. Fortunately, there wasn't much noise, so this did help, but aircon's no longer an optional extra in hotels (this is becoming a refrain of mine), and Premier Inn needs to address this, particularly in the upstairs rooms.
The smaller of the children's beds had a very hard mattress. We used Premier Inn's "Good Night Promise", and got staff to add an extra duvet or two for my kid to lie upon, which made things a lot better. The other two beds - the double and the larger single - had comfortable mattresses, and we slept well - well, apart from my snoring, but I can't blame anyone else for that!
The staff couldn't have worked harder to make our stay as comfortable as possible; they were a joy.
We did buy hot breakfasts, which were served in the next-door pub. The choice and quality were excellent, and as an added bonus, the kids ate for free! We didn't walk away from the breakfast table; we waddled. Happily.
We'd be equally happy to come back to this hotel - but if it was going to be as hot as it was on that day, we might choose somewhere with aircon instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Local to the early 19th-century Cobham Mill, and Painshill Park with its magical crystal grotto ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Cobham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cobham Hotel Cobham
- Premier Inn Cobham Hotel Surrey