“Beautiful landscape”
Review of Painshill Park

Painshill Park
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Cobham
More attraction details
Owner description: Painshill is a beautiful award-winning 18th century landscape garden in Surrey. The 158 acre wonderland has something for everyone and makes a great family day out. Discover the mystical follies, historic plantings, the John Bartram Heritage Collection of North American trees and shrubs (Plant Heritage, NCCPG), and some of Surrey's amazing wildlife. You can spend a whole day at Painshill or there are shorter accessible routes around the Serpentine Lake. Dogs on short leads are welcome. Bring a picnic or visit Hamilton's Tea Room. Visit the Painshill Shop for gifts, greeting cards and to buy Painshill English Sparkling Wine.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Four of us visited Painshill and prebooked a buggy tour with Phil. He is an inspirational volunteer who showed us how to see the beautiful landscape through different eyes and he really made our day with his enthusiasm and knowledge of the area.
Young, old and people with limited mobility will be made to feel welcome and cannot fail to enjoy themselves at any time of the year.
Painshill has a lovely restaurant and clean toilets to make the trip complete.

1  Thank AnnieMiddlesex

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had booked tickets to see father xmas at painshill park in december with my grandson and daughter on route we left with a good couple of hours to spare but to our dismay the police stopped the traffic on the a3 as there had been a bad accident we sat for ages in the traffuc and rung painshill to explain where we was met with a very negative response telling us there was aware of the problem on the a3 . And basically it was not down to them and there would be no refunds . We had no choice but to wait till the police opened the road and go home i emailed and said can you just move the tickets till next xmas which they said they would not do . Think its disgusting when they was fullly aware that there was a major police incident outside and the turn off to oainshill was cliosed the whole thing cost me around 60.00 and has left a bitter taste in my mouth

3  Thank Grant R
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The place is really beautiful. And I like the idea of paying the tickets to get to parks, but the prices are a little bit to high. If you go there with family and want to buy food in the restaurant it can be really expensive. I believe if the prices were smaller, more people more often would be visit and finally the places would earn more money. I think the good idea is to take a lots of food and drinks with you. Take blanket and there are many places where you can have your break. The park has got 2 sections. First one around the lake is more organised and is more suitable for pushchairs etc. The other section is more wild and it is too hard to use there any wheels (except pushchairs with big thick tyres pushed by a strong person). The best way of visit this park is spending whole day there. Go there in the morning, have breaks. If you got babies, take a carrier. Actually there is no need to use a blanket - there are so many clean beautiful lawns - suitable even for babies. The restaurant is quite good - and staff is very kind. To managers: could you please: clean the beautiful floor in Mausoleum, change the light bulb in the Ice House, clean the Watermill and the toilets in the Gothic Tower and get some bins around the car park. Thanks.

1  Thank Dominik1978
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The sight of this place really took my breath away! I have never seen a most perfect scenery to take pictures. I did my sister's wedding photos and this place made them look absolutely spectacular. I was obliged to visit the park again several times and have now seen Painshill's landscapes in diverse weather conditions and seasons, and I must say, the moods the sight generates are unique and alluring every time. One of the most magical places I've come across is the crystal grotto. I cannot compliment enough the beauty of this park. You should not miss out on connecting yourself with nature in such a relaxing and inspiring atmosphere!

1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's 18th-century English landscape park located at walking distance from the High St in Cobham. No free entrance.You neeed to pay between £4 to £8 per visit ( better to check prices on the Painshill Park web page. Lovely peaceful atmosphere. Great place for little tours with your family, children and loved ones, watching birds, wildlife, to feel yourself close to the nature. Has all basic facilities for comfortable short visit ( tea room with snacks, giftshop, restrooms) Has a number of natural hills and valleys with a few features like Grotto, Gothic Tower, Ruined Abbey, Water wheel.

1  Thank Evansolka