“Family get together”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Just been to Spices for a fantastic meal. Can't fault the quality and service we've had. Can I just say it is definitely worth the visit tonight great meal.

1  Thank Woodski22
Abdul m, Manager at Spices Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your support , thank you

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I am a regular reader and contributor to Trip Advisor. In doing so I am looking for and am dependent on fair, honest and informative critiques. Very often, my sense is that the occasional high praise is written by the owner and occasional extreme criticism, simply a spoiler. I tend to ignore both.
Having been a customer of Spices for over 10 years, and never experienced anything remotely approaching Michaels description of the product or service he claims he experienced, I can only assume that Michael has either never been to Spices, or has exaggerated his case to such a degree that it reads as fiction.
Just read the Customer reviews for yourself and ignore the occasional extreme praise or occasional extreme criticism. Difficult to do for Spices though as almost everyone reviews with extreme praise.

1  Thank Ange1o-Custode

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Please tell us which Spices Micheal w went to? As this sounds nothing like the spices we know.went tonight to celebrate a birthday n as usual nothing was to much trouble for Abdul and his staff.....food n service outstanding! Note to micheal if you hsd complained at the time issues would of been sorted

1  Thank Dawn B

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have just read the review by Michael w of 15th July and must say I am very surprised at his comments and I have never experienced any of the issues he raises.
I regularly go to other restaurants and, if have any issues either raise it at the time or, as in Michael w's case, later (As he had a take away) .
Any issues I have ever raised at restaurants, including this one, are normlly dealt with constructively, as I am positive, would have been done in this case had Michael w taken the not unreasonable steps to bring it to the attention of management instead of resorting to entirely negative statements.
I don't know Michael w's trade or occupation but if he is a customer based service and I had an issue with his work or service, I certainly would give him/his company constructive feedback and give him the opportunity to make things right before going to press with entirely negative comments. Not a good constructive review by Michael w i'm afraid

2  Thank Stuart K

Thank you for your support , and your comments

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Ordered £30 worth of food (takeaway), lamb curry was swimming in water and tasteless and also we ordered a portion of chips in which we received roughly 10 chips in the bag! had to wait nearly 45 minutes for the food also.. didn't really find the person who served me to be polite either.. wont be using this restaurant again

3  Thank michael w
Abdul m, Manager at Spices Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We are sorry to see you were not happy with the food you ordered ,you must have ordered about £38 worth off food then takeaway the 20% discount & ended up with the £30 total, you must have been happy with the other dishes because you do not mention about the rest off the order,( ,at least 4 to 5) dishes with that total.(£30) lamb curry is more of a basic dish with minimum spice, really for people moving up from very mild dishes to a little stronger spiced dish which some people may find tasteless ,if you asked for something a little spicier we would have been more than happy to accommodate .When you say the lamb was swimming in water ,if we did not give you a full container off curry you might of said you got a half a portion off curry ,May I ask why you did not complain? we are just a phone call away, we would have been more than happy to refund or replace what you were not happy with,might have been easier to call us than log on to a computer to get you word to us .Yes our chips portions are not big as the portions you would get in a fish & chip shop but we do give a lot more than 10 chips ,if you ordered a happy meal for McDonalds and said you got 10 chips or fries I would have agreed with you . At peak times we give customers a average time off 30 to 45 minutes on ordering by phone ,but when coming in and ordering food it is on a first come first serve basis, we do not offer a conveyor belt service ,everything is cook to order .I am sorry you did not find the member off staff polite that served you ,if you told us we would have tried our best to rectified your issues ,thank you