“Don't get your knickers in a twist!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Queens Lodge

Queens Lodge
Queens Lodge
Hatfield, England, United Kingdom
“Don't get your knickers in a twist!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Well, what can I say? Managed to get to our room, which on the face of it was lovely, nice shower, nice furnishings, looked clean, but.....then my husband sat on the bed & it collapsed! Not to be outdone we lifted the mattress to try & fit the slats back into place & found.....(suspense)..a pile of dirty underwear underneath the bed, together with a half drunk bottle of water & a strange piece of wood, rather resembling a trunction! Husband called the number of the owners & explained our plight & to be fair we were directed to another room (did I mention the broken ceiling light which looked like someone had been swinging from it?) New room, great..clean (no knickers under the bed at least) but shower massive let down, although terribly convenient if you wish to have a wee & shower at the same time.There was also a lamp on the side table where the cellophane was still on the shade, is it just me or is this terribly wrong & possibly a fire risk? Whilst if forced I would stay here again I'd negotiate the price down.

Room Tip: Chequers seems to be a nice room but check under the bed to make sure there's no used underwear!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryony C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

My partner and I stayed the last weekend in Sept, I was sent the code for the front door and also the key safe. We got in thro the front door but could not open the key safe, I rang the number and was told to look in the cupboard close by for the correct code, also listed the codes for all the rooms, not very secure I must say. The room itself was compact but quite nice. Although there was no socket for me to see to dry my hair. The tea and coffee tray left a lot to be desired, poor quality and the tea bags not even in sealed packages. There was a leaflet for a local sandwich shop but no directions were to find it, as there was no provision for breakfast at the Queens Lodge. We went to a wedding on the Saturday and arrived back to find the room had not been touched, and no further supplies of tea, coffee or milk, so when we got up on Sunday we were unable to even make a hot drink. All in all a poor show when the room was £65 per night. They want to take some of Alex Politzis advice and give customers a breakfast bag of some description. This could be a lovely place to stay but marred by these few small things. And we did not see one person or have any contact during the whole of our stay, truly a business run by remote control!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bromsgrove hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a lovely place let down by less than diligent housekeeping.

The bath mat was not clean - had obviously been used before, The hospitality tray had a mat that really grubby. And very meanly stocked, 2 coffee sachets and 4 sugar sachets. I did request more sugar but had no answer. The windows would really have benefitted from cleaning and the net curtains needed a wash. The bed was really comfortable but one of the pillows smelt so bad I put it outside the door and the other two were really lumpy!
All this I thought was a real shame as it is a very quaint pretty place in a lovely village.
There was also no mirror near where there were plug sockets! And a large empty wall space that would be ideal for a mirror. The bathroom upstairs was lovely but no bin.
I would love for the owners to see this and address the issues as I feel that these silly careless things let down what could be a fab venue.
Yes there is no wifi and phone signal bad but that is the area not the venue and this was a social visit.

Room Tip: The Talbot was small and very low headroom BUT the bathroom was lovely!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Oriana100
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

The bad...

1. No Wifi - Phone signal in area not great either.

2. Carpark at the rear was a building site - Had to park over at the pub across the road

3. Building work was taking place over the weekend - little bit noisy but not too bad

4. Room only had a few very small windows - It was baking on that day it was very uncomfortable in there

5. EnSuite was just a shower which was in a wet room style that was too small - The shower head on the wall was only approx 4ft in front of the toilet so that the toilet and the loo roll always got wet when you had a shower as did anything you left by the sink - I can see what they were trying to do as they were limited on space but it's not worked.

6. Used bedding in the public hallway area that blocked the way - not ideal when your trying to hall your bags upstairs past them.

The Good...

Room itself was lovely...Lots of natural character

1. Bed changed every day - Bit firm for my liking but then I say that about most hotels!

2. Freeview TV with extra channels

3. Usual refreshments etc

4. Ironing Board/Hairdryer

I think if we ever stayed there again we would go for the Queens room, seems expensive though but it's often booked out so the demand must be there?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BeautifulWeekends
Broadstairs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

Really loved staying here and there was a group of us, perfect for romantic get aways out family get togethers.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank JodieandLee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Brockencote Hall Hotel
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Grafton Manor
Grafton Manor
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Queens Lodge? Share your experiences!