“poorest housekeeping”

Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The duvet had black line and spots. They looked disgusting. It took more than 20 minutes to get another one. Housekeeping staff came in with no greeting and left without farewell. The restaurant service and food are pretty good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed here for a weekend whilst visiting family, Friday & Saturday nights for a double room including a very full breakfast - a bargain at £112. Very warm welcome, lovely clean room with quirky bathroom/dressing area which meant we could both get washed & changed with ease. Food in the restaurant was of extremely high quality & plentiful, in fact we stayed for Sunday lunch & invited family to join us - again we were not disappointed the food was well presented & tasty. Large party with disco on the Saturday night but as the doors to the stairs shut behind us we also shut out the noise & so had a very quiet & comfortable nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Staff without exception were friendly & helpful & tried their best to sort out a minor problem for us. Only minor observation there could be more comfy sofas in the bar rather than the single chairs/bar stools to encourage guests to stay longer. We will stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated. We will pass them onto the team.

Our very best to you for Xmas and the New Year

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Overall this is good hotel, plenty of parking, good location for the midlands and good facilities.

The staff have always been helpful and pleasant

Some of the rooms are a bit dated and need a refresh but for the price you can get this hotel for its good value

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback. We do appreciate your time. I will pass on your kind words to the team, and we are slowly redecorating the last of our smoking rooms and converting them into non smoking rooms. In the future we will only have 3 smoking rooms in the hotel.

Our best to you for Xmas and the New Year

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had the misfortune to stay in this hotel for one night on a Business trip to Birmingham. The hotel staff were rude, the receptionist messed up my card charges, and left me with a charge to my account and a pending transaction which still hasn't cleared in a week. Also, following up with them on this has given me absolutely no satisfaction. My room was dull and dreary, the bathroom tiles were all cracked, there were hairs in the sink and the bathroom had clearly not been cleaned for a while!! As for breakfast the following morning..... I ordered poached eggs which when they arrived about 2 seconds after I asked for them, were so far from freshly cooked they would have bounced off the walls!! The best part about my stay was that it was only for one night and I was leaving early in the morning!! I would never stay here again, I would rather sleep on the streets!!

1  Thank jneiland2002

Thank you for your time and feedback after your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read there was a couple of issues, apologies for any shortcomings on our part. After guests check out we do not hold any monies, often the banks hold it for too many working days and hotels seem to get the blame. Apologies for the banks doing this to you. If we do get feedback when people are in house with us, we do always seek to make things right there and then. If we don't get it till afterwards, we still appreciate it though.

Our best to you and yours for Xmas and the New Year,

Reviewed 17 December 2013

All good except did not sleep a wink due to a huuuuuuge wedding night before that lasted till dawn. Since this was a business trip, clearly hindered best performance the day after :( Best to secure sound proof walls if you want business customers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your time and review of our hotel. Glad to read many things were good and I do apologise if some other guests at our hotel were not very considerate when going to bed. If we do get feedback we do always seek to action it at the time, apologies if we didn't do as good a job as we should have done

Our best to you for Xmas and the New Year

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Hotels shouldn't put on these evenings if they don't have the staff that can cope! Bottle of wine £33 and £27 bar only taking cash......um.........dident sit right with me?
Pre ordered food and they still got it wrong then run out!!
Pre ordered bottles of wine put on the wrong tables.
No coffee no after dinner Chocs or mince pies where's yr festive spirt and why did we pay £35 in bromsgrove but other uk Hilton Xmas doos £25?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesley C
Silvio F, Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Lesley C,

thank you very much for taking the time to leave some feedback regarding your recent experience at one of our Christmas events.

Please accept my apologies for the mix up regarding your food order I was happy to learn from my team you had received a gesture of goodwill on the night to make up for it. Your wine order had initially been brought to a different table due to a member of staff misreading your table number on the order sheet however as soon this had been realised your order had been delivered to your table, my apologies on behalf of the team member.

Due to a technical issue beyond our control the card machine for payment did not function on the night and we only could accept cash payments at the function bar. We do have a cash machine in the hotel lobby for customers to withdraw money my apologies if this had not been pointed out to you by the team.

Our events wine menu contains wines starting from £17 the examples you mentioned are from the top end of this selection and therefore priced accordingly. The menu for the party did not include coffee as per our Christmas Brochure however coffee is available via our Costa Lobby bar for an extra cost.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. My team and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kind regards
Silvio

Reviewed 10 December 2013

You can't put all the blame with the hotel but OMG kids running riot in the corridors and in the restaurant??? Come on parents time after time staying here we have to put up with this....many people staying here are on business and trying to work....management should intervene and get these unruly children under control or at least tell the parents to do so...!
Another issue...being a veggie there was very little choice on the restaurant menu so I thought I would order mash potato and a selection of veg, how easy could that be especially as it was being served with most meals...the waiter had to go and ask the kitchen if it was OK which was a little odd...when my meal arrived it had been thrown on the plate and the mash was a horrible cold solid lump on the plate, no thought or imagination on presentation......I appreciate I had asked for a simple meal but you would think the chef would have made the effort to make it tasty....when we complained the meal was removed from the bill and we were compensated with a free coffee...wow.....we have stayed in this hotel many times but enough is enough especially when we returned to our room late evening on the last day to find our room hadn't even been serviced..... Not the usual Hilton standards especially for Diamond loyalty holders....come on management get it sorted before you lose to much custom......also when someone goes out of their way to leave gifts at reception for guests make sure they get them before they drive away....!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback and appreciate it was the same as the feedback below from your partner. Apologies also if some parents did not manage their children's activities and behaviour as well as you would have liked,

All the best for Xmas and the New Year

Michael

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel
Abbey Hotel
Abbey Hotel
#3 of 7 in Redditch

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!